Brown algae in coco...

• Thread starter Confuten1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Confuten1

Confuten1

exploitin strengths - perfectin weaknessess
Supporter
My Rez pump is junked up with brown algae, and i wondering if that can effect plants in a bad way in coco. Ive read the epic battles ppl had with it in a uc system but in coco, can it manifest and harm roots/ plants?

Confu...

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
I wanna say no way.

empty your res and bleach it out. It should be fine after that. Make sure you triple rinse.

HungryMan420

HungryMan420

yes rinse out that shit immidiatly brown algae could cause unwanted pests and possibly even Viruses! Good luck bro!!

Confuten1

Confuten1

exploitin strengths - perfectin weaknessess
Supporter
thnx, cap and hungry, I bleached everything and jus threw the pump away. Plants wise, all i could do was up the hygrozyme 5ml per gal(think thats enough im on day17 and dont have h202 etc.) I read some ppl hitting the plants with bleach 2 but im not going there, i would prolly f-it up. for the most part plants seem happy but could be better 2.

Confu...

dankworth

dankworth

You know dude, not to be all "Capulator's bennies are probably the answer" all the time, but this is one of those times. Because bennies are a great line of defense for roots against any pathogens, and frankly Capulator's bennies offer better value for your dollar than anything you can buy in a store. Especially if you turn them into teas.
Carefree Enzymes makes an enzyme tailored to hydroponics now. I haven't heard anything about it. I use their Pond Protector(stage 2) at the rate of 15ml/100 gallons. So my quart for like thirtysomething with shipping will treat like 6000 gallons.

I was going broke paying for all that hygrozyme.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
You know dude, not to be all "Capulator's bennies are probably the answer" all the time, but this is one of those times. Because bennies are a great line of defense for roots against any pathogens, and frankly Capulator's bennies offer better value for your dollar than anything you can buy in a store. Especially if you turn them into teas.
Carefree Enzymes makes an enzyme tailored to hydroponics now. I haven't heard anything about it. I use their Pond Protector(stage 2) at the rate of 15ml/100 gallons. So my quart for like thirtysomething with shipping will treat like 6000 gallons.

I was going broke paying for all that hygrozyme.

Hygrozyme is really expensive. You can buy knockoff hydro store brands that do the same thing at some shops.

Peacheater81

Peacheater81

I don't worry about it, just change out the res every week and keep the res temp under 70. I run Roots Ex and multizen. Any algae or kelp extract is gonna cause that in the res. I would just top water those things.

Top Bottom