Brown algae in top off only wtf?!

• Thread starter growgrow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

growgrow

YO.... super frustrated with this problem although its not affecting my girls right now, without already established and healthy plants I think it would.

I alternate uc roots, zone, and i use 35% H202 every 4 days @ 2 mlpg in the epi which is consistantly 63F w/ a 1/2 hp chiller. I use h202 in top off but its not chilled and i only use it once in a while. The algae even clogs up the damn 1/3 inch feed tube connected to the float valve in the epi.

Does any1 have any advise on what i should do about this issue, and what problems this can cause down the road. What product can i use in between topoff changes which happen weekly due to the girls drinking it down (55 gallon drum). See pics below.

Brown algae in top off only wtf
Brown algae in top off only wtf 2
Brown algae in top off only wtf 3
Brown algae in top off only wtf 4
H

hogan400

Gg,
whattup man.
Any light leaks what so ever?
Mine rez got funky when I had leaks. lotta people I know running dwc/rdwc complianing about this clouding and funky brown algae recently...

Also ucroots ingredient is hyperchlorite, the same in bleach. Im pretty sure It cant be used "with" Zone. Zone is Potassium Nitrate, and Copper sulfate. I believe if combined creates a form of ammonia but not 100% sure.
h400

Legallyflying

Legallyflying

The blue barrels are NOT light proof. Some light can get in and that's all it takes. I would just wrap it in panda

G

growgrow

wud up hogan... thats prob the issue... im stoked that it didnt infest my system though but still curious as to why.... mayb the temp.... i dunno... i need to check w/ D over @ uc about the ammonia issue, good call onthat..... and Thansk Legal ima wrap that bitch... the only isse w/ wrapping it i think is when i pull it out and hose it out every 2 topoff refills that panda will come off... i might just tie a blanket around it or something.

I've noticed that some people on here only run RO in their topoffs and not nute it for the next week like i do; do ya'll think that might be why? ]

Grow!

H

hogan400

I dont know, nutes aint slowing mine down. I only had the 1 half decent rd in the UC, still a learning curve for me man. Good vibes, and the ladies look good!

Top Bottom