brown roots!!! help

• Thread starter tommytwotone
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

tommytwotone

Alright guys and girls

I need help!

I just finished my first coco grow, plants looked perfect and roots where all the way white when I finished.

I am into my second grow, plants look great. however when I transplanted today I realized that most of the roots are yellow if not a little brown???

What could cause this in coco? under watering? possibly over watering?

Thanks guys

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Did you take any pics? It sounds like over water to me. If it were just the root tips, then I would say under water. Do you let your coco dry mostly before watering again? That could be the factor. I would give them some beneficial bacteria to get the root zone started back on the heather side again.

-TF

T

tommytwotone

nice option... Honestly some where under watered some where over watered...

If I have a moister meter what should it read before each watering?

also is aqua shield considered beneficial bacteria?

Thnx

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

I check my plants by lifting each one to see if it needs water. I would suggest to lsearn how each container feels after a good water, then feel it as it drinks what you gave it. Just don't let it dry out to the point of feeling super light and dry. That is too dry. Make sense?

-TF

T

tommytwotone

It sure does... I am scrogging so lifting the plants is quite difficult... however I think I got the drift...

I have heard that watering once the top layer of coco is dry is a good way to go about it.

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Tommy,
Sometimes you can't tell by just looking at the top layer. If you have any way to even lift a tiny amount? That would be enough to learn their drinking habits. How big of pots are you using, and how often are you watering?

-TF

T

tommytwotone

Thanks

I am now running 5 gal bags with 50 50 coco perilite

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

How often do you water, and how long ago were they transplanted into the 5g bags? Do you water to runoff?

-TF

T

tommytwotone

I think the issue was the lack of watering to run off... That nailed it I am pretty sure...

Thanks

Top Bottom