Brown slime growing in rez

• Thread starter _B_
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
_B_

_B_

I’ve recently started seeing brown slime building up on the wall and air stones of my system. I don’t think its light leak or high temps considering I took extra precautions on light leak and temps never get past 69F. I use orca as a beneficial bacteria and also Garden Friendly Fungicide.
Any help is much appreciated!

Brown slime growing in rez
Brown slime growing in rez 2
Brown slime growing in rez 3
Bluebuddha

Bluebuddha

I would buy some Southern AG friendly fungicide and dose the res. I use roughly 1 ml /20 gallons. If it's algae or bacteria, that will clean it up. Edit to add, I missed that you already have it. Hope it clears up!

Ok so now that I re read your post, the thin film on the walls and stone are probably the colony from S. Ag. I have that same coating in 150 gallon system from S.Ag and TPS billions. My res smells of earthy good dirt, and have no root issues now.

How does your res smell?

_B_

_B_

I would buy some Southern AG friendly fungicide and dose the res. I use roughly 1 ml /20 gallons. If it's algae or bacteria, that will clean it up. Edit to add, I missed that you already have it. Hope it clears up!

Ok so now that I re read your post, the thin film on the walls and stone are probably the colony from S. Ag. I have that same coating in 150 gallon system from S.Ag and TPS billions. My res smells of earthy good dirt, and have no root issues now.

How does your res smell?
It doesn’t have that stagnant water smell so thats a good thing I suppose! And it hasn’t made the plants droopy or anything just looked concerning.

P

pinger05

Many decades ago as a young man I was a mechanic at a tire shop. We used this pink powder that was highly concentrated acid to clean up oil spills and stains in the shop area. This stuff would burn you if you put your hands in it. Powerful stuff

If I left the mop bucket out for a day or so a thick green slime would form on the top. I put some under a microscope and found it was a colony of mold!!! The stuff grew in a PH of 3.1.

Points I am trying to make is that mold/bacteria find a way to live in the most inhospitable environments. Like everyone said if your plants are OK then you should be fine. That and I still have nightmares about that green slime....

_B_

_B_

Nutrients got bumped up to 500ppm and seem to be growing. Some leaves started getting a weird twisting goin on at the top. Ph has been stable at 6 and rez temps staying 68 or less. Little spots, thinking cal deficiency so might add some cal mag to the feedings.

AB690B94 9476 4C08 9B1B 7D5A9B799F54
18CD3ED6 65A7 4F5B B82F CF290C27436F
002620FF 49E2 46F0 82C7 89C72F0D458A
E

Edinburg

Get in there and bleach your grow space out, after the bleach go over it with a wet towel and dry out with a fan.

_B_

_B_

Its been about 30 days. They seem to be growing a bit slow in my opinion. Maybe I just have high expectations

5149532E 6AE8 4634 8A6E ADABC2D59686

Latest posts

Top Bottom