Brown Slime In Res Only

• Thread starter pdasterly
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
pdasterly

pdasterly

brown slime found in res only, large thick chunks.

I used a net pot to fish it out

Brown slime in res only
oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

you got big issue there friend,id check the roots real good,might be too late,peroxide is gonna be your fix,gonna have to keep close eye on res temp

pdasterly

pdasterly

roots are pearly white, res temp 64-68(water chiller)
its only in res not in buckets

you got big issue there friend,id check the roots real good,might be too late,peroxide is gonna be your fix,gonna have to keep close eye on res temp

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

roots are pearly white, res temp 64-68(water chiller)
its only in res not in buckets
you got lucky friend,let me ask you this,when changing you res,do you clean real good?im asking this because i use to run a marina,when we got minnows they would go into chaos with commerical products to clean the vats with,i came across a old timer that made the day for me,he cleans his fish tanks with baking soda,so gave a try ,and damn it worked ,they balled all up like they should when introduced to the clean water,pores of the vats were holding on to bad shit,that crap came out looking gray,i would still run some peroxide in there

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
If its just in the rez and not the buckets it prob sludge buildup from the splashing. You using anything organic in the mix or is it strait salts? Stuff like a carb product?

pdasterly

pdasterly

yes i added superthrive to aid in recovery from transplant shock. also roots excelurator seems organic.
Havent changed rez, im on day 11 and roots are just starting to hit the water.

I put h202 in system after i discovered the slugs, never seen anything like it before:(

well its starting to get on roots after checking this am, gonna flush and clean each bucket and run h202 for 10 days or so. Probably combo of organic matter and a light leak

Last edited:
cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
it's prob the roots excel or the superthrive then. I never really had roots excel do that. Stain the fuck out of my rezs tho. With airstones and lots of water break I could possible see it doing that.

chemistry

chemistry

Might be your nuits clogging or an additive, does it smell when you rub it between your fingers?

Latest posts

Top Bottom