Brown spots on leaves cant figure whats happening

• Thread starter MrGreenfinga
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MICHGANDER9

MICHGANDER9

He is in peet.moss, peet moss has a low pH 3.5-4.5 ish, so if he is using peet moss as the media it means the mix he bought has limestone to raise the PH. (Unless he is using strait peet moss, but then his plants would be dead) when peet moss with a low pH and limestone with a high pH are mixed in the media, this locks your media at a certain pH, no matter what pH water/feed you put in the soil will change this, you can dump 10 gallons of 9 pH water through it and the soil ph will still be the same.

I guess there is the possibility that the limestone has been flushed out of the media, but this would take 1000s of gallons of water to accomplish this.

All this pH talk has been a nonstarter for me because of the media he is using. Anyways maybe I am wrong but I don't think it's the pH.
Well ph would be a start

Ryguy45

Ryguy45

I dont water with a ph of 9-10
I use Citric acid to get it down to 6,5
The macro nutrients isnt a problem my veg nutes has small amounts of each
The citric acid is the problem!! It has a shelf life of about 2 minutes.. use it ONLY in emergency because it only does the job for a short time meani g your ph is off almost all the time. They need 13 different elements and if your short one it locks out others. You need nitrogen, phosphorus, potassium, molybdenum, magnesium, zinc, boron, cobalt, sulfer(bloom only), iron, copper, calcium and manganese.. without even one of these your not running an optimal growth and your yields will suffer. This is why growing organic is extremely costly! They make an all in one product now thats a big help (gh flora nova). Try it. Don't concern yourself with ppm's for now just stick to basics. Organic growing isnt worth it imo and thats from experience unless of coarse you have a lot of cash. After getting everything needed your better off goin to the dispensaries lol. Try getting some ph up and down you'll thank me later.

Ryguy45

Ryguy45

He is in peet.moss, peet moss has a low pH 3.5-4.5 ish, so if he is using peet moss as the media it means the mix he bought has limestone to raise the PH. (Unless he is using strait peet moss, but then his plants would be dead) when peet moss with a low pH and limestone with a high pH are mixed in the media, this locks your media at a certain pH, no matter what pH water/feed you put in the soil will change this, you can dump 10 gallons of 9 pH water through it and the soil ph will still be the same.

I guess there is the possibility that the limestone has been flushed out of the media, but this would take 1000s of gallons of water to accomplish this.

All this pH talk has been a nonstarter for me because of the media he is using. Anyways maybe I am wrong but I don't think it's the pH.
I gotta say that I disagree. After a few watering check your run off I'm sure it's off. Dolomite lime and peat moss may start out accurate but after time it does get diluted.. always check you ph and about once weekly check the run off.

MrGreenfinga

MrGreenfinga

The citric acid is the problem!! It has a shelf life of about 2 minutes.. use it ONLY in emergency because it only does the job for a short time meani g your ph is off almost all the time. They need 13 different elements and if your short one it locks out others. You need nitrogen, phosphorus, potassium, molybdenum, magnesium, zinc, boron, cobalt, sulfer(bloom only), iron, copper, calcium and manganese.. without even one of these your not running an optimal growth and your yields will suffer. This is why growing organic is extremely costly! They make an all in one product now thats a big help (gh flora nova). Try it. Don't concern yourself with ppm's for now just stick to basics. Organic growing isnt worth it imo and thats from experience unless of coarse you have a lot of cash. After getting everything needed your better off goin to the dispensaries lol. Try getting some ph up and down you'll thank me later.
It is ph down from biobizz based on citric acid but thanks im also waiting on a order i got some synthetic Terra aquqtica ph up and down

Think it will go good with my synthetic Canna Terra nutrients

MrGreenfinga

MrGreenfinga

I gotta say that I disagree. After a few watering check your run off I'm sure it's off. Dolomite lime and peat moss may start out accurate but after time it does get diluted.. always check you ph and about once weekly check the run off.
If i water until runoff i will overwater my plant the peat wont dry properly🙃

Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
I dont water with a ph of 9-10
I use Citric acid to get it down to 6,5
The macro nutrients isnt a problem my veg nutes has small amounts of each
I never did say your lack of micronutrients Is the problem or would be in veg I did say if you went into flower without addressing it then I may well be.

Witchever way I already bowed out
Peace

Ryguy45

Ryguy45

If i water until runoff i will overwater my plant the peat wont dry properly🙃
Actually you always want a 10% run off using any medium. The reason is to prevent build up and in turn, pH Flux.. which will cause your nute lock. Think of calcium. As the door for all other nutrients so if the door isn't open, this happens. For 1 gall of watering you'll wanna see about a cup and half run off even and especially in peat moss as it retains water.. Make sense?

MICHGANDER9

MICHGANDER9

Idk I don't think you need run off if you get something like this for ph but for ec sure thing in Do a LOS and my PO is in the 6.3/7.0 range i use AG lime for a quick change in my soil CA helps keep it stable for ph and you need an abundance of CA to Carry you through the flower phase if you low on CA when starting flower it to late CA move SLOWLY in gge plant if hardly at all it can't translocate to well to much MG will lock out CA✌️

IMG20231207091723
Ryguy45

Ryguy45

Idk I don't think you need run off if you get something like this for ph but for ec sure thing in Do a LOS and my PO is in the 6.3/7.0 range i use AG lime for a quick change in my soil CA helps keep it stable for ph and you need an abundance of CA to Carry you through the flower phase if you low on CA when starting flower it to late CA move SLOWLY in gge plant if hardly at all it can't translocate to well to much MG will lock out CA✌️
Yeah you will find out some day how wrong you are on this. Just giving some friendly advice, also 6.3-7.0 is wrong with peat moss but I've explained it all quite thoroughly so take what you want from all this.. I'm out.

Ryguy45

Ryguy45

Yeah you will find out some day how wrong you are on this. Just giving some friendly advice, also 6.3-7.0 is wrong with peat moss but I've explained it all quite thoroughly so take what you want from all this.. I'm out.
Are you fairly new to this? After re reading your reply it seems to me you have little experience so try hard to take a master growers advice to heart..

MrGreenfinga

MrGreenfinga

Are you fairly new to this? After re reading your reply it seems to me you have little experience so try hard to take a master growers advice to heart..
Thanks alot for your replys and i think i will give her a good flush with ph regulated Calmag water

And see if she likes that
I have an idea that i gave her too little calmag i read the bottle and it said add 400 EC on top of your start ec so it should read about 450.
I only gave her 200 total and then added nutes on top

and it might also be due to some nutrient buildup because i didnt water till runoff

So a Fresh start will probably do the Trick, Please correct me if im Wrong😄

MICHGANDER9

MICHGANDER9

That's a good start and then move on from there If symptoms persist

Latest posts

Top Bottom