Brown spots on leaves helppp!

• Thread starter Newbie27
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Newbie27

Newbie27

I noticed early on my bigger fan leave had brown spots that got bigger until i cut them off i didnt see anymore brown spots for a week but now my older fan leaves are showing spots any idead to why pictures below

Brown spots on leaves helppp
Brown spots on leaves helppp 2
tobh

tobh

Supporter
Bruhh im panicking do you got a answer for me ot not !
No need to panic, see below.

See your other thread for viable answers.
|
|
V
It looks like a calcium deficiency. Don't take that to mean that you need to add anything before finding the cause of the problem.

Without details. Temps, humidities, growing medium, pot size, plant age, lighting, lighting schedule, air movement, watering, frequency-style-nutrient content-pH in and out etc. It's nearly impossible to nail down a cause.

To start. Stop removing leaves and address the cause. Those leaves are both providing for your plants and indicating to you that the plant they are attached to has issues. The leaves are not the cause of the problem. Removing them in this case only depletes stored nutrients and reduces potential for photosynthesis and transpiration. Making it harder for your plant to recover.

^^^ is a completely viable answer, brodudemanguy. Can continue this conversation in your other thread.

ccutta

ccutta

I agree I started a thread and I included the details the members here really need them to diag your plant. IDK but it looks like light stress not sure tho. Thanks

DrGreenThumbs

DrGreenThumbs

Calcium deficiency...but like mentioned above, hard to really know without knowing more info on your grow.

Newbie27

Newbie27

1. Are you growing from seed or clones?seed
2. How old are your plants?30 days from sproutt
3. How tall are your plants?
4. What size containers are they planted in?5 gallon
5. What is your soil mix?miracle grow
6. How often do you water and what type of water do you use?tap 2-3 times a week
7. What is the pH of your water?6.4
8. What kind of fertilizer do you use and what is its NPK ratio?botaniciure 10ml kamra 15 ml base grow
9. Do you foliar feed or spray your plants with anything?no
10. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined? (HPS, MH, fluorescent, halogen, incandescent "plant lights")i use led bulb daylights 4 1000 w bulbs 5k with a veg blurple from wal mart
11. How close are your lights to the plants?
12. What size is your grow space in square feet?2x4
13. What is the temperature and humidity in your grow space?temps rang from 70 77
14. What is the pH of the soil? 6
15. Have you noticed any insect activity in your grow space?no
16. How much experience do you have growing?none

DrGreenThumbs

DrGreenThumbs

Your first mistake was using Miracle Grow as soil. The soil performs terrible with the time released capsules of nutrients in them which can cause cannabis to suffer toxicities and/or deficiencies. Cannabis need certain amounts and certain kinds of nutrients throughout it's entire life-cycle. Using that soil does not really allow this. Anyways, I would start introducing some cal-mag into your feedings and the problem "should" correct itself. Please note that damaged leaves won't recover.

Newbie27

Newbie27

Your first mistake was using Miracle Grow as soil. The soil performs terrible with the time released capsules of nutrients in them which can cause cannabis to suffer toxicities and/or deficiencies. Cannabis need certain amounts and certain kinds of nutrients throughout it's entire life-cycle. Using that soil does not really allow this. Anyways, I would start introducing some cal-mag into your feedings and the problem "should" correct itself. Please note that damaged leaves won't recover.
So should i cut the damaged ones dont see why there needed ya kno there dying

Newbie27

Newbie27

And also i dont have cal mag i have these

DrGreenThumbs

DrGreenThumbs

Yes. I common brand of Cal-mag is General Hydroponic's Cali Magic. It runs about $20-25 a bottle. Usually varies from 2.5mg-5mg per gallon of water once a week.

Newbie27

Newbie27

Im doing alittle research as well and i think its a magnesium deficiency because its on older growth rather the new.

Newbie27

Newbie27

Yes. I common brand of Cal-mag is General Hydroponic's Cali Magic. It runs about $20-25 a bottle. Usually varies from 2.5mg-5mg per gallon of water once a week.
Im shocked its actually growing so many people ask about led lights when you prolly really dont need them i vegged with wal mart daylight bulbs wow gotta see what i can use for flower 😅

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
I don't know exactly what you're talking about with the lights but there's a reason people use good lights. It's not just a trend and if you actually did your research you'd know that.

I don't think you need to add more nutes. A pH of 6 is too low for the plant to get the calcium it needs. Raise your pH to 6.8 and see how it does.

GREATWEED24

GREATWEED24

Hi there having a similar problem hoping to find some help thanks, HI there newish grower here, on my second batch, all my babys look good except for this one, noticed small orange dots on it about 3 days ago, now as you can see in the pics its gotten much worse, I believe its a cal-mag deficiency but not sure. Im a bit confused as its the only one of 4 plants that have it. I use coco with some perlite, and Advanced nutrients base nutrients, the PH perfect for coco. The plants are loving it other then that one plant of course. Hoping its a easy fix and just for whatever reason this plant had not got enough cal-mag, i was told not to add anymore to whats already in the base nutrients so i havent

IMG 0949
IMG 0953
Top Bottom