Brown Spots On Lower Leaves Of Gg4 At 28 Days Old...

• Thread starter winks00
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
W

winks00

I am really hoping this is me over reacting, again… Or at the very least, a simple fix… I have tried to stay on top of everything since this is my first grow and I really am just learning…
So, I have a 2x4 tent with a Viparspectra 600 watt LED light at about 40 inches from the plant… I have DWC pots with 2 airstones in each pot… I use Distilled water with Flora Trio, Cal-magic, and Hydroguard at 350 - 400 ppm… The pH rises, but I am keeping it at about 5.8 (if my pH meter is correct!!). I did calibrate the meter, but I just don’t trust it… My tank water temperature is about 68 degrees and the air temperature is running 72-78… The humidity varies, but I put a humidifier to keep it between 35 and 55%…

20180321_230041.jpg2268x4032 1.81 MB

20180321_230027.jpg1603x2851 1.43 MB

20180321_230017.jpg2268x4032 1.87 MB

Let me know if you need more info…

W

winks00

pics without lights...
20180324 222514
20180324 222539
20180324 222618
20180324 222544

W

winks00

I removed the couple leaves that are completely dead... The new growth actually looks good, so maybe I got things under control...

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
They look like they are phosphorus deficient. I don’t have much knowledge though, my opinion is based on what i read.

W

winks00

They look like they are phosphorus deficient. I don’t have much knowledge though, my opinion is based on what i read.
That is what I thought also, but I am using the Flora Trio which has lots of Phosphorus in it... So, I came to the conclusion that I had overheated the plant by letting the air temp and reservoir temp to get above 85 degrees... This closed the root pores not allowing the plant to absorb any nutrients... That is why it looks like a deficiecy when the PPMs in the tank are perfect!! What do you think???

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
That is what I thought also, but I am using the Flora Trio which has lots of Phosphorus in it... So, I came to the conclusion that I had overheated the plant by letting the air temp and reservoir temp to get above 85 degrees... This closed the root pores not allowing the plant to absorb any nutrients... That is why it looks like a deficiecy when the PPMs in the tank are perfect!! What do you think???

If you are giving them enough phosporus then it could be ph or some kind of root problem. Since you have the ph under control and no root rot or anything else then it could be heat, from what i read thats a very high temperature for reservoir you should get that under control and see if the symptoms subsides.

W

winks00

I have the reservoir temperature down and I think it is working... The new growth is fine, but the affected leaves didn't show signs until they were bigger... Do you know what the PPMs should be at 4th week in DWC when using Distilled Water and Flora trio, calmagic, and Hydroguard...

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
Yeah affected leaves are not going to get better probably, you can just pluck them. Don’t know about ppms i am in amended soil so mostly just teas and water for me. Try opening a topic on hydro section maybe it will be more helpful.

W

winks00

what nutes and whats ur ppm / ec / ph @ ?
Well... it has changed a lot since the issue first started... PPMs started at about 350, but are at about 250 now. they are going down as the water is used up... So, I believe I need to raise the PPMs need to be in the 450 to 500 range at this point...
My ph is stable and is staying between 5.7 and 6.1... I have not checked the "ec"... so not sure what it is...

W

winks00

Well... it has changed a lot since the issue first started... PPMs started at about 350, but are at about 250 now. they are going down as the water is used up... So, I believe I need to raise the PPMs need to be in the 450 to 500 range at this point...
My ph is stable and is staying between 5.7 and 6.1... I have not checked the "ec"... so not sure what it is...
oh, I am using Flora trio with calmagic and Hydroguard...

bilby

bilby

oh, I am using Flora trio with calmagic and Hydroguard...
The new growth look ok? Sounds like u had a hiccup with the water evaporating and heavy nutes. My setup can raise EC from 2.75 to 3.75 in 12 hours just from evaporation and water consumption. ec ppm same thing more or less.

Latest posts

Top Bottom