Brown spots on upper fan leaves, please help, it was going so well until today

• Thread starter Herbie420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Herbie420

Herbie420

Does anyone know what this spotting could be? Appeared faintly yesterday (second photo) and has spread with bigger spots today. Growing in living soil in auto pots and top dressed with NLS amendment yesterday.
Soil ph is around 7 (runoff is almost the same ph as input. Humidity around 55rh. She’s just over two weeks into flower. spotting is only affecting the upper fan leaves that are under direct light. None of the lower leaves, smaller leaves / new growth, or shaded leaves are spotting at all. Any help is much appreciated!

Brown spots on upper fan leaves please help it was going so well until today
Brown spots on upper fan leaves please help it was going so well until today 2
Brown spots on upper fan leaves please help it was going so well until today 3
Brown spots on upper fan leaves please help it was going so well until today 4
Herbie420

Herbie420

I also noticed some orange hairs that only appeared on one bud but almost look burnt or something. Also should note there is a second plant in the same tent that had a couple small spots but only on two leaves.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
can you post a whole plant pic..
i think the roots have rot from the medium being too wet?

Herbie420

Herbie420

can you post a whole plant pic..
i think the roots have rot from the medium being too wet?
Yes, thanks for taking a look. They are sleeping at the moment but I will take one tomorrow once they wake up. I’m pretty sure it’s Alternaria so I cut the spotted fan leaves to keep track of spread.

Herbie420

Herbie420

Yes, thanks for taking a look. They are sleeping at the moment but I will take one tomorrow once they wake up. I’m pretty sure it’s Alternaria so I cut the spotted fan leaves to keep track of spread.
Just posted the pic, thanks again!

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
i looked it up, i agree with Alternaria.. i was thinking leaf septoria..
either way it’s not good,
usually i find this happens with fungus mold and mildew that the grow area is dirty- dispose any plant material lying around to outside in the garbage..
or humidity fluctuations..
did you read up on Alternaria?
and what to do?
it can lie dormant for a year or more.

Herbie420

Herbie420

i looked it up, i agree with Alternaria.. i was thinking leaf septoria..
either way it’s not good,
usually i find this happens with fungus mold and mildew that the grow area is dirty- dispose any plant material lying around to outside in the garbage..
or humidity fluctuations..
did you read up on Alternaria?
and what to do?
it can lie dormant for a year or more.
Yeah it said to bomb the plants with sulfur and there’s no way I’m smoking that so I guess I need to toss them. Fuck.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
i’m pretty sure your right, Alternaria..
i looked it up also, as it was looking like leave sepotoria
Yeah it said to bomb the plants with sulfur and there’s no way I’m smoking that so I guess I need to toss them. Fuck.
well wait a day or two at this point and maybe someone here has an idea for ya?
you could start by cleaning up any mess,
if you ph you nutrients than you could! kinda flush the plants with a mix of hydrogen peroxide and even mist the plants with it,
it’s ok..
but that’s me, i would put in the work to save them for something, but i make oil or hash from my weed..
try to find out the reason why it happened!.. you need to know!

Herbie420

Herbie420

i’m pretty sure your right, Alternaria..
i looked it up also, as it was looking like leave sepotoria

well wait a day or two at this point and maybe someone here has an idea for ya?
you could start by cleaning up any mess,
if you ph you nutrients than you could! kinda flush the plants with a mix of hydrogen peroxide and even mist the plants with it,
it’s ok..
but that’s me, i would put in the work to save them for something, but i make oil or hash from my weed..
try to find out the reason why it happened!.. you need to know!
Same, I also plan to make hash. I’ll look into hydrogen peroxide, thanks for that tip

Latest posts

Top Bottom