Brown spots spreading fast, help!

• Thread starter nopami
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

nopami

Your weather is kinda awesome, that high humidity burns off fast I bet with 40-50% days…..you can roll the pot between your hands, break the soils hold from the side of the pot, pop that sucker out and check the root condition, if you can…..
Sounds… stressful! Will that do any stress to an autoflower? I hear they’re finicky :-) And assuming I manage to pull it out, I’m not even sure what I’m looking for. Root rot? Or being root bound? And if so, anything I can even do about it? Sorry for the many questions!

Also, what do you think about adding the castings to my other 2 weeks younger plants? Since they’re in the same soil and get the same nutes, I’d like to prevent the issues I’m having with their older sibling.

Thanks!!

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
Sounds… stressful! Will that do any stress to an autoflower? I hear they’re finicky :-) And assuming I manage to pull it out, I’m not even sure what I’m looking for. Root rot? Or being root bound? And if so, anything I can even do about it? Sorry for the many questions!

Also, what do you think about adding the castings to my other 2 weeks younger plants? Since they’re in the same soil and get the same nutes, I’d like to prevent the issues I’m having with their older sibling.

Thanks!!
Go ahead, add them to your others. Autos are def finicky, Now popping the plant out of the pot can be stressful if you are a bull in a china shop about it, it’s a lot easier to do when the plant is dried out. But if you use kid gloves with it, it’s really not stressful at all, but you would be looking for the plant being root bound, but I really don’t think it is. And root rot, no way, your plant would be buckled if that was happening….and questions are cool, ask away, I’ll answer what I can with the best of my knowledge.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
If you do choose to inspect the rootball, I made a vid on how to do it gently. Oh and don’t sweat my shirt lol, that’s for the local folk around here in Texas 🤣 not you 👊🏻

N

nopami

If you do choose to inspect the rootball, I made a vid on how to do it gently. Oh and don’t sweat my shirt lol, that’s for the local folk around here in Texas 🤣 not you 👊🏻
Awesome man! Thanks for the demo, looks easy when you do it 😅 I’m gonna give it a try.

For now it seems to keep spreading upwards, some of the middle/upper fan leaves are getting paler/yellowish too… Hopefully the calmag will soon stop the spread and I’m adding the castings later today.

It does look like a nitrogen deficiency, it’s weird I’ve been feeding nitrogen consistently and according to recommendations (BioGrow from Biobizz, organic nutes). Praying that those castings save the day 🙏

IMG 2298

IMG 2299

IMG 2301

T

TinFoilHat

Awesome man! Thanks for the demo, looks easy when you do it 😅 I’m gonna give it a try.

For now it seems to keep spreading upwards, some of the middle/upper fan leaves are getting paler/yellowish too… Hopefully the calmag will soon stop the spread and I’m adding the castings later today.

It does look like a nitrogen deficiency, it’s weird I’ve been feeding nitrogen consistently and according to recommendations (BioGrow from Biobizz, organic nutes). Praying that those castings save the day 🙏

View attachment 2004110
View attachment 2004111
View attachment 2004112
Castings won't save you lol that guy Capt has no clue what he's talking about.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter

View attachment 2004110
View attachment 2004111
View attachment 2004112
Would you mind snapping a pic of the back of veg nutrients? Is there a nitrogen dominant fert? I would like to see the label. You may just want to bump that up and give one fatty heavy dose. The castings will leech into the soil over a few feedings. Still do that, I just want to see exactly what your feeding.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
Oh here we go again with this guy, he trolls everyone on this site, go through my photos and judge for yourself. for this kid to say this, he has a problem with me for no good reason. I have have 100’s of pictures to prove my work. I made the mistake of telling him, who I thought was a decent person that my kid was trans, once he knew that, I was a piece of trash to him. So I’ll continue to help if you would like. Or carry on. I’m not getting in the mud with this child. Just a heads up, anyone with know how around this site, don’t say other people don’t know anything, we try to help each other here, not tear down. Holler if you would like more help.

B

BillyBanchan

Oh here we go again with this guy, he trolls everyone on this site, go through my photos and judge for yourself. for this kid to say this, he has a problem with me for no good reason. I have have 100’s of pictures to prove my work. I made the mistake of telling him, who I thought was a decent person that my kid was trans, once he knew that, I was a piece of trash to him. So I’ll continue to help if you would like. Or carry on. I’m not getting in the mud with this child. Just a heads up, anyone with know how around this site, don’t say other people don’t know anything, we try to help each other here, not tear down. Holler if you would like more help.
That kiddie is so jealous...

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
Anyway, I was asking about your nutes, what the nitrogen frequency is in that. The castings slow feed nutrients with every watering. Since I can see it really spread over night, I would say, keep the castings as a plan, it will help keep the issue at bay while giving flower nutrients. I think, maybe some fish emulsion tea to make nitrogen immediately available. And the castings on top to keep it from coming back, your on to flowering nutes already, fish emulsion is great it won’t overdose your plant.

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
....what if my pots are 6 inch thick cast iron? ;)

It's so important. We focus all of our attention on everything above the soil line......one little leaf imperfection, a tiny spot......what about below the soil line? Healthy roots are not only just as important, they set the stage for a healthy plant.

Looks like your shirt can be perfect for individuals too.......

I just got done topping with some fresh soil, worm castings and blood meal. (I'm at flower day 38). We get used to thinking that there's this line........before flipping to flowering, and after. Everything before is all about growth, high nitrogen, and everything after is about flowering, ditch the nitrogen. We may flip a switch all at once but that's not how plants work. Top dressing into flowering, whether it's day 15, 30, 40........with worm castings (and maybe other things) is perfect for giving them the nitrogen that's being used up. It delivers it naturally and slowly, eliminating the need for adding liquid or powdered nutrients, and carries the plants through the next phase of flowering.

And don't forget to work your topsoil too, it's a great time to do that, yet another good thing you advised.....break up, scratch, stir your topsoil, which can get a little crusty over time, work your top dressing into it, and water/work it all in.

N

nopami

Would you mind snapping a pic of the back of veg nutrients? Is there a nitrogen dominant fert? I would like to see the label. You may just want to bump that up and give one fatty heavy dose. The castings will leech into the soil over a few feedings. Still do that, I just want to see exactly what your feeding.
Sure! So here are the ones I use, all organic from the Biobizz brand.

Biogrow

IMG 2311

BioBloom
IMG 2310

Top Max
IMG 2312

Bio Heaven
IMG 2313

And I’m following this schedule. Keep in mind I have used the AllMix soil which is said to be heavily prefertilised. I’m also adding Calmag for the past week.

IMG 2314

One thing probably worth mentioning is that about 10 days ago, I noticed some of the top leaves clawing - or at least that is the conclusion I reached from the research I made. And it was said to be a nitrogen excess. Sooo out of precaution (and I probably shouldn’t have) I decided to flush it with tap water to remove any excess nitrogen. After that I started feeding again normally, per schedule… That sounds like it was a dumb idea given that now I’m likely having deficiencies… woops.

Generally, with the current weather, I water every other day when the soil gets dry and the pot is very light. I water about 3 Litres of water (slowly, over a period of about 1 hour). If I water any more than this it starts running off so seems to be the right amount of water. I add nutes with every watering, as per manufacturer recommendation.

Latest posts

Top Bottom