Brown spots spreading through garden, tips curling and drying up, please can someone help?

• Thread starter trippmaniac
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
trippmaniac

trippmaniac

Brown spots spreading through garden tips curling and drying up please can someone help
Brown spots spreading through garden tips curling and drying up please can someone help 2
Brown spots spreading through garden tips curling and drying up please can someone help 3

trippmaniac

trippmaniac

You can’t post a few pics of a leaf with no context and expect people to instantly diagnose your problem. You have to put some effort into the post if your really want a useful answer
Sorry, so theyre 2 week into flower, the spots seem to be on lower leaves, i put a seedling in with them a couple days ago and it seems to have spread to the seedling as a corner of the seedlngs leaf seems to have a orange/yellow faded patch on it . I was thinking maybe PH isues as i dont ph my feed but i dont understand how that would effect the seedling, i cant see any gnats in there , just sprayed neem oil on soil today though just incase, humidity is 40-55 and temps are 23-28 day and around 19 at night
You can’t post a few pics of a leaf with no context and expect people to instantly diagnose your problem. You have to put some effort into the post if your really want a useful answer

iX_Lazy_Xi

iX_Lazy_Xi

Thank you , i will try this although watering was already to a minimum, i think theyve only been fed about 4-5 times since birth
How is the airflow around the leaves and media, and air exchange in the area in general?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Picture of the plants as a whole and your setup.

Then fill this out but it looks like a bacterial or fungal infection to me. Will help give the info others need in order to give you the best advice.

trippmaniac

trippmaniac

How is the airflow around the leaves and media, and air exchange in the area in general?
Now the airflow is decent, more air out than in, large fan in there but i didnt have the fan untill 2-3 weeks ago and humidity was getting around 70s so i bought another dehumidifier, a fan and changed the air flow and now humidity air flow and exchange are all good, maybe i was too late though, hopefully my girls will stick another 7 weeks till harvest if i snip the issued in the bud

trippmaniac

trippmaniac

Then fill this out but it looks like a bacterial or fungal infection to me. Will help give the info others need in order to give you the best advice.

Thank you, i dont have a camera i can take in my grow room but i will try to sort something.

Thank you

trippmaniac

trippmaniac

Soil Growers:
1. Are you growing from seed or clones? seed
2. How old are your plants?11 week
3. How tall are your plants? about 3-4 ft
4. What size containers are they planted in?around 15 litre i think
5. What is your soil mix?bio bizz light mix
6. How often do you water and what type of water do you use?tap water, around once eveery 1-2 week when soil gets dry
7. What is the pH of your water?not sure
8. What kind of fertilizer do you use and what is its NPK ratio?bio bizz grow and bloom
9. Do you foliar feed or spray your plants with anything?no
10. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined? (HPS, MH, fluorescent, halogen, incandescent "plant lights")
hps 250 watt
11. How close are your lights to the plants?aabout 21 inches away
12. What size is your grow space in square feet?1.2 x 1.2 metre
13. What is the temperature and humidity in your grow space?28c- 45%
14. What is the pH of the soil?not sure
15. Have you noticed any insect activity in your grow space?none
16. How much experience do you have growing?1 grow

Habosabin

Habosabin

Looks like phosphorous deficiency. This happened to me on my last grow in soil when I wanted an "easy" grow and didn't check my ph at all and used tap water. My tap also is like 7.8ph and 490ppm. My plant recovered because I flushed it and started to adjust ph on a go forward.

I think this high ppm also affected my current rockwool grow and had super bad calcium deficiency because I didn't flush my rockwool at all(noob here) so probably built up salts much faster or something. I since bought a RO filter for $60 and ppm down to 20 and my lady growing like a beast but her leaves still mottled.

So it could be anything and I'm not great at diagnosis like the pros here but that's what it sort of looks like to me.

Side note: I don't even have to ph using RO after I add all my nutes. It goes to 6.1 so it's actually easier now because I was having to push it down with a lot of ph down.

Good luck.

Last edited:
trippmaniac

trippmaniac

Looks like phosphorous deficiency. This happened to me on my last grow in soil when I wanted an "easy" grow and didn't check my ph at all and used tap water. My tap also is like 7.8ph and 490ppm. My plant recovered because I flushed it and started to adjust ph on a go forward.

I think this high ppm also affected my current rockwool grow and had super bad calcium deficiency because I didn't flush my rockwool at all(noob here) so probably built up salts much faster or something. I since bought a RO filter for $60 and ppm down to 20 and my lady growing like a beast but her leaves still mottled.

So it could be anything and I'm not great at diagnosis like the pros here but that's what it sort of looks like to me.

Side note: I don't even have to ph using RO after I add all my nutes. It goes to 6.1 so it's actually easier now because I was having to push it down with a lot of ph down.

Good luck.
Thank you , i appreciate your time, im gonna buy some ro water and give them a good flush when it arrives so i can then cross nute build up off the list

Thanks again

Habosabin

Habosabin

Thank you , i appreciate your time, im gonna buy some ro water and give them a good flush when it arrives so i can then cross nute build up off the list

Thanks again
Be sure not to overwatering after the flush. Assuming your symptoms aren't from overwatering to begin with. Do you wait until your pots are pretty light before you water? Just want to rule that out first.

Be sure to add calmag to water. Either way. Using RO with calmag should be a positive move. Check ph as a habit.

Edited to add: OK I see you water infrequently.

Last edited:
trippmaniac

trippmaniac

Be sure not to overwatering after the flush. Assuming your symptoms aren't from overwatering to begin with. Do you wait until your pots are pretty light before you water? Just want to rule that out first.

Be sure to add calmag to water. Either way. Using RO with calmag should be a positive move. Check ph as a habit.

Edited to add: OK I see you water infrequently.
Thank you.

So when i was veging temps were low and pots were not drying so watering was to a minimum, i do wait until the pots are light yes.

Do you know of any good ph testers? i didn't realise it was necessary in soil but i guess regardless it would help to rule out issues

Habosabin

Habosabin

Thank you.

So when i was veging temps were low and pots were not drying so watering was to a minimum, i do wait until the pots are light yes.

Do you know of any good ph testers? i didn't realise it was necessary in soil but i guess regardless it would help to rule out issues
This is what I use. Don't get those $10 ones. I bought one and it was useless in a week because moisture corroded the battery. The decent ones are sealed better. This one is about $50. Also. You have to keep solution in the cap to keep tip moist so pick up a storage solution. Maybe a veteran here can chime in a say RO water is fine to keep in tip. I dunno. The storage solution is 4.0 ph so I kind of use that as a reference to know it's still accurate. Plus get some calibration solution that is 7ph.

This brand even have combo ones with EC meters built in. Might want to consider that if you don't check your ppms as well. The ppm will verify your RO filter is still doing its job.

6C240295 1090 46FE 9073 71A5D002A172
Last edited:
Top Bottom