browning/shriveling of new leaf growth need some help

• Thread starter Mitchell Ross
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

Mitchell Ross

Hey guys, I'm back all ready with another noobie question. The last set of leaves that have grown in on my 2 of 3 plants are brown, shriveled and deformed. That is the best I feel like I can describe it ( will link a photo below ) I'm not sure if this is due to the use of to much nutrients. I cant imagine it is as I am only using 1-1-1 root booster for mula on light feed instructions 1tsp per gal of distilled H20. The girls are in 1gal pots w/ black gold starting soil, I've watered about 3 times, one of the times being yesterday when I noticed the ugly new leaves ( also the tier of leaves right above it, the very tips of the leaves are a little discolored ) they've been in these pots for like 2 1/2 weeks so I'm sure I am not over watering like most people tend to do on their first grow. I just want to address the issue before it becomes out of control. Any input is very appreciated, anxious to see what you guys think it could be.

Browningshriveling of new leaf growth need some help
Browningshriveling of new leaf growth need some help 2
Browningshriveling of new leaf growth need some help 3
waayne

waayne

Mitchell Ross I use Black Gold regularly in my soil mix's and it can be
from time to time quite inconsistent ,but with that being said generally most bags are rich enough you should not have to feed
seedlings in 1 gallon pots for 2-3 weeks

From your pics I wouldn't worry too much but I would definitely give them water for awhile
and hold off on feeding them>>>>unless these seedlings are pale or yellowing

Generally speaking tiny little seedlings like those require little food initially

When using soil I seldom feed seedlings or give them any tea or additives until they're at least 4 weeks old
I use Black Gold and transplant every 10-12 days and seldom ever feed veg plants...even those I veg for 8 weeks.....

What kind of lighting are theses under?

Also it would be good to know what your temps and humidity are like..........

M

Mitchell Ross

The pictures are close ups of the bottom part of the stems, I will link a full picture the plant is bigger than it appears to be :p. They're about 1 month old on the 24th, I used a 5 bulb t-5 under 18/6 up until yesterday when I moved them outside. grew them from seed in RR cubes-> 1 gal pots w/ blackgold. Ima go take a pic of the entire plant in just a sec and link it for ya

Nutts

Nutts

If your talking about the lowest rounded leafs don't worry. They're only job is to crack open the seed. If the first actual blade is burnt at the tip that's probably over nuted. Maybe the soil is too hot for babies

Theoneandonly Z

Theoneandonly Z

Nutts hit her on the head. Those two small leaves in the first pic are nothing anymore. Ur plant looks healthy in the last pic no tip burn or anything.

waayne

waayne

The pictures are close ups of the bottom part of the stems, I will link a full picture the plant is bigger than it appears to be :p. They're about 1 month old on the 24th, I used a 5 bulb t-5 under 18/6 up until yesterday when I moved them outside. grew them from seed in RR cubes-> 1 gal pots w/ blackgold. Ima go take a pic of the entire plant in just a sec and link it for ya

Mitchell Ross this pic (016.JPG) looks quite a bit different than the first pics you posted.....lol

This plant is fine, and really nice and healthy looking

Personally I'd transplant it within the next 3-6 days,and keep on rockin the Black Gold:)

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
I concur with waayne, that plant is happy to be in the sun and will take off soon!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom