Bruce Banner #3

• Thread starter dnutz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

dnutz

Hello all! I haven't posted on this site yet, so I would like to do my first grow log on here!

Enough of the thank you's, on with the show! Bruce banner will be my next round to go into the closet, 6-9 plants to be exact.

Bruce Banner #3 is the chosen pheno in a range of 5 different ones if I remember right. The cross consists of OG Kush x Strawberry Cough x Sour Diesel. The high is immediate and up lifting with a great body stone as well! Taste and appearance are out of this world to say the least, leans more towards the OG side, so it has a very fruity taste to it, which is apparent with the strains the cross is made up of, absolutely covered in crystals that stick your fingers together like super glue, a true strain for the connoisseur!

Plan of attack: Veg under 4ft 4 bulb T5 fixtures until the plants reach around 2 ft in height and width if possible. I grow in 1 gallon grow pots for veg and end in 5 gallon smart pots (not a lot of difference in them, but grow pots are cheaper in price and quality) and I use Happy Frog soil with the Botanicare line of nutrients ever other or 3rd watering. Temps and humidity remain consistent in my little veg closet at around 79* and 40-50%RH which seems to be perfected after a long search! Some plants show major purple stems/stalks as they got pretty cold in the search for a good atmosphere, so just a heads up but they are bouncing back with vigor!

On to the pics!

First pic is of the Bruce Banner right before her spray down for mites (this is the third time having to spray Mite Rid on this girl), but none the less she is healthy!

Second pic is of all my mother plants: Jack Herer, Trainwreck, an unknown kush I was gifted I like to call CO Kush, DSD99, God Bud, Agent Orange, AK47, Headband, Sensi Star, and Casey Jones.

Third pic is just of my hygrometer... nothing fancy!

Thanks for checkin out my thread, and hope to have lots along for the ride! I will update weekly as she is only in her first week of veg!

Bruce banner 3
Bruce banner 3 2
Bruce banner 3 3
D

dnutz

Wow its been a while since I have posted! Nothing has really changed, plant has doubled in size, took 6 clones from it for my next run, she continues to thrive! Bad news though, had to throw out my entire mother stock, damn spider mites got the best of me... Took clones before hand, right after a spray down so hopefully they will be free of mites when they root! Is anyone else growing the banner here in CO?

NeoMarius

NeoMarius

Use Doktor Doom fogger on your mites, its food safe and work's like a charm. (Personal Experience Unfortunately)

S

snuggles

pictures above look nice so far dnutz. can't wait to see them flowering in those smartpots.
sorry to hear about the mites with your mothers :/
try to raise humidity as long as in veg and repeated divings in neem would be my best advice to get rid of those little **ckers.

D

dnutz

Picked up a quart of the SNS217 today, supposed to be the newest all natural spray that actually works so I thought I would give it a try! The SNS244 seems to work pretty good for PM if anyone is interested. (MMC's seem to be giving out a little of both mildew and mites these days...)

R

ruknutts

I will watch this.I picked up a Banner #3 as well, It has a couple months if vegging.
If you have not had mites in Colorado luck is on your side. I killed the last batch with an alternating spray of azatrol then organacide every other day for two weeks. No more mites. I now do a bi monthly spray in the veg room. If they make it to the flower room you are screwed.
good luck on your grow and waiting for a smoke test.

D

dnutz

So its been a very long minute since I updated! The original clone is now a HUGE bushy mother and has had about 20 clones taken off of her. I kept 5 for my last grow in this state and they are in their final pots as of today. Low temps have started purpling the leaf stems and streaks can be seen in the main stalk as well. There seems to be a deficiency but I cant get an accurate answer to what it is. I think its magnesium but im not sure. Other than that these girls are growing right up! They have been vegging for about a month now, give or take a week (went on christmas vacation).

Anyways any info on the deficiency would be great and kind words are always appreciated. Keep it green,

Dnutz

DSC 2902
DSC 2903
DSC 2906
RIVAL79

RIVAL79

Funk Master!
Supporter
Hittem wit some calmag and ur good. They r lookin good tho. Keep us posted.

D

dnutz

Thanks for the quick diagnosis! I am actually out of cal-mag... but will be going to the store to get some tomorrow! I have read that kush plants require a lot of nitrogen in veg and a push of phosphorus and potassium in the 5th 6th and 7th week. Does anyone have any info on this? Or tricks to growing kush dominant strains?

NeoMarius

NeoMarius

I grow organic pineapple Kush, check out my grow for full details ninja grow. My buds speak for themselves.

Tripsick

Tripsick

#3 is just finishing up for me. But compared to ecsd it doesnt eat that much... not sure if that reference helps or not. and Using moonshine mix and just water its almost perfect for 65 day harvest. But BB3 loves to be trained and will explode with growth after being super cropped. looks good so far i can wait to see how it turns out.

D

dnutz

I am not too familiar with super cropping trip. Is that the method where you squeeze and roll the stem in your hand to break down the capillaries, only to grow back stronger and healthier? I have never done that and wouldnt want to screw up my last run. Could you give me a little guidance on how to do this the right way?

Tripsick

Tripsick

yeah i just pinch it and bend the stem over. and most of the time within a few days there is a bunch of new growth.

D

dnutz

Alright sounds good. I dont want the top above the pinch point to just be flopped over though do I?

Tripsick

Tripsick

you can it wont hurt. The last one i just pinched and bent over.. Now im going to use it as a mom.

D

dnutz

Alright Ill have to give it a shot on one of them and see how she reacts. Thanks for the advice trip!

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

putting the bb 3 in the cloner right now, I am about to throw the bb 5 into flower that is my favorite pheno so far!

Melvan

Melvan

I grow Kushberry Skunk, which is not my favorite but my friend enjoys it, and P98BK. The only real tip I can give is be patient. Both of my Kush strains are long finisher, the KS I usually don't take until day 65-67, the P98BK around day 70.

I agree with it being a mag deficiency, which can be an early sign of a ph lockout, so check that too just to be safe.

Even at this stage you want to keep those girls in an even canopy. Get your shorter plants lifted to meet the taller. You do this now to keep those nodes tight and minimize stretch, and to be sure you're giving everyone equal light. Later you'll keep that same even canopy in the flower room so you don't end up with wispy buds on shorter plants.

Keep up the good work, looking forward to the harvest.

Top Bottom