Bruce Banner #3

• Thread starter dnutz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

dnutz

Thanks for all the great info melvan! My canopy is nearly even. I could top the taller plants to slow them down and let the shorter ones catch up, but im not sure how they would respond.. I read somewhere that kush dominant strains dont like to be topped but I could be wrong. My temps are also kind of low and I can see a slow phosphorus deficiency starting, however I just dont have anywhere I can put them that is absolutely warm enough... Any suggestions?

NeoMarius

NeoMarius

Whenever you get the fat cola's on top coming in, at that point I pinch and bend right behind the top big bud so it folds down and away from the plant. This causes hormones to start popping and jiving in your girl so the bud below the bend turns into a big fat top also. Ive had plants with ten top's just swelling and every bud behind just as big. Youll get really good growth and an intensified dense bud growth. Very tight structure. You can also tie the top of your girl down to the side of her pot. They stay low and managable and get fat as hell.

Melvan

Melvan

I'm not sure what Neo is talking about, except for the tying down of the plants which is LST. Unless the big colas are too close to the light and you're out of height and you need to bend them slightly, you shouldn't mess with them at all.

You do those types of things if you have height limitations in your room, I don't think you have that problem.

I top all my plants. I top at least twice, sometimes more, while they're under the T5 vegging in the nursery, then again one week before flipping to 12/12. I do it with all my strains to produce multiple top colas, as well as do some height control as I do have limits. I've never noticed anything different in the results between my kush strains, skunk strains, or my other hybrids.

Once the budding is going on the only cutting I do is of fan leaves, and then only after day 30. About a week before I'm going to harvest a plant I remove all the fan leaves and only leave bud leaves.

Can't you increase the temp in the room the tent is in? Run a space heater or something? It is a tent right? Can you adjust your ventilation to allow more of the heat from the light to get into the tent? Cool temps slow growth, reduces bud sites.

mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

I top once early let them veg for about a week and tie down with bamboo. I wouldnt top twive unless your trying to slow down the growth.
IMAG0318.jpg
IMAG0560.jpg
IMAG0317.jpg
All veg 3 weeks out the cloner 10 gal pots ave. 12ounces per plant. My plants are 28 in tall out the pot and over 4 ft across.

Melvan

Melvan

My girls are in the nursery a good 2-3 months before there's room for them in the flower room, I top them multiple times in there, as I said, and then only once when they go into full veg under the hps.

At harvest my plants can't be taller than 36" from the soil to the top of the bud. This multiple topping in the nursery over a few months enables me to create multiple top colas and compensate for any weight I lose by growing short.

D

dnutz

Melvan, I checked my temps today and its bottoming out at 75 so I confused temp with a phosphorus deficiency on accident. Since this is my first run with bruce, im going to let them grow in their natural form to get a sense of that the plant is like as a whole. Unless topping is a must, and from what you are saying with kush' it is.

I am hesitant to add nutrients to them just yet as they just went into ocean forest and all plants are exhibiting yellow leaf tips. I wouldnt want to burn them of course, however I could feed them a small dose of peters plant food (20-20-20) and hopefully it will fix the problem. New vertical growth is bright green and looks as it should. Would you agree on the feeding or would you hold off for a week?

Melvan

Melvan

I don't use the Ocean Forest, but from what I've read it has enough nutes in it to get through your entire veg, maybe adding some low nitrogen every 3rd watering, like Earth Juice Grow which is a 2-1-1 at 1/2 strength. Then, when you kick back, start feeding your flowering nutes, whatever those are you plan to use.

I agree with just letting them do their thing. Whenever I grow a new strain I may top once, but it isn't necessary, and I think it's a good idea to just let her grow naturally, learn the strain, and then the next go around do what you think needs to be done to maximize her potential.

Keep up the hard work, you're doing great.

D

dnutz

Thanks for the kind words and knowledge melvan! I decided to FIM them as I have had success with that method in the past. I will have to pick up a high nitrogen fert soon as well. I flower using the botanicare line and always get good results. Stick around for the show, it will get interesting!

NeoMarius

NeoMarius

I'm not sure what Neo is talking about, except for the tying down of the plants which is LST.
Here are some photos of what Im talking about. When you bend the cola it spends the next 2-3 days thinking it is dead and releases hormones to tell the lower buds they are tops and to get the fuck growing lol. After 2-3 days the bent cola heals the cap damage in the stem shoot and starts up again like it was topped and glued back on basically. I have enclosed some shots of a main stalk I had great success with and my prized one and a half foot cola, Bent and the bud behind it swelled like a big ass pine cone. Doing the crazy thing sounds crazy till it works. Like the first guy to take his bubble hash and rub it into his palms till it got gooey. We all know how that one turned out. In the end do what your comfortable with. Just wanted to let you know my way.
If you top them, that cola is gone, and you get 2-4 not as big colas. If you bend it it remains and you still get 2-4 not as big colas.

P1110003
P1110004
P1110005
P1110007
D

dnutz

I actually really like them! I just pulled down a trainwreck that was my first run in a smart pot and the roots FILLED the container! Virtually no soil was left over except the top inch of course. They do exactly what they say they do for sure and they are reasonably priced. Overall they are great!

RIVAL79

RIVAL79

Funk Master!
Supporter
Yes they do! I love those smart pots. Work really good. Indoor and outside. Try them out if u have never used them.

D

dnutz

So I decided that today would be a good day to chop sensi star and casey jones down, clean up the closet and disinfect everything, put up a folding door finally, and hang the black plastic to light proof as well as make minor exhaust changes.

Today marks the pre day 1 of flower as the plants will not run a full light cycle. I tried some supercropping on a couple of the bruce girls a few days ago on the lowest branches as it was my first time trying. Very first attempt I strait snapped a branch... Second try I pinched, twisted 90* and pinched again, then bent the branch over where it was pinched and it worked out great! I will be doing this from now on! Anyways I put the 5 girls plus 2 bubba kush plants I was gifted into the closet (I supercropped a couple branches on the bubba kush as well) and gave them a minor watering. Not much else to say right now, but how excited I am to get the ball rolling on these nuggets!!!

Keep it green all,
Dnutz

DSC 2911
DSC 2912
DSC 2913
D

dnutz

Ya man Im thinkin about lollypopping them but im not sure if I still have time or if it would be worth it? popcorn buds ARE cool with me... What do you all think? Lollypop for big fat buds or leave it be?

RIVAL79

RIVAL79

Funk Master!
Supporter
Leave them be! Let nature do her thing bro. I like my girls in their natural state!

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Ya man Im thinkin about lollypopping them but im not sure if I still have time or if it would be worth it? popcorn buds ARE cool with me... What do you all think? Lollypop for big fat buds or leave it be?
Lollipop FTW! It allows the plants to focus all their energy on dense colas... Especially when using horizontal lighting... Anyways, your girls look good dnutz! Can we get some bud shots of your recent harvest? :wondering

D

dano96

het dnutz , how did that banner turn out for ya? - i have a few banner 3's in flower at 14days ish now..

Top Bottom