Bruce Banner Auto Week 15 - is she "foxtailing" ?

• Thread starter sp838
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
sp838

sp838

So she's looking really good, majority of pistils are deep rich brown, even on the lower branches that started making small buds later than the rest. Was thinking she's pretty close to ready, but noticed that it's still pushing out fresh new white pistils, and the very top cola is starting to look a bit lumpy...

Is this "foxtailing" or just a happy plant taking its time to mature? What should I do, keep going or harvest? Thanks as always!!! Here's a little video, I feel it's easier to see with some parallax...

GreenThumbGrower

GreenThumbGrower

You are correct. That is foxtailing. Form my understanding it can be genetically influenced but most of the time it's due to heat stress or too much light. Looks great though! Dosent effect bud quality at all just esthetics.

sp838

sp838

Ok amazing! So I can just let it keep going? She is growing in a window with supplemental LEDs, gets a ton of light and temps can reach the 90s at peak sun around 2pm... That might explain it!

When the temps are high I run an evaporative humidifier on the floor below it to bring temp down and raise RH a little. Bruce Banner is sativa dominant so maybe it's just in her blood to enjoy the heat and sun and take her time to finish...? 🤷‍♂️

What is the playbook for harvesting a foxtailing plant? Wait for it to complete senescence?

Eledin

Eledin

I would say its the same, checking that most trichomes are mature (milky) at which point you will have some that are amber aswell. Some tails might be less mature than the plant overall so try to check the trichomes in the center of the bud, thats what I would do.

GreenThumbGrower

GreenThumbGrower

Yea, just treat it like any other plant. Maybe get a fan blowing on her to cool it down, temps that high can stunt the development.

Madmax

Madmax

overall your plant isn’t really foxtailing .that little bit on the top bud..yeah sure,but it isn’t bad.it’s looking a little chunky and that’s perfectly normal.adds a little bit more weight.but I wouldnt even b worrying bout it.plant looks close to done..

sp838

sp838

I think I'm going to let her celebrate her 16th week on tuesday and do the deed next weekend 🥲

growsince79

growsince79

That's not foxtails-maybe barely. When the bud stems start elongating and looks almost like its trying to reveg is what I call foxtails. Pretty much ruins the bud, unless you like smoking stems. If it starts doing that -cut it.

Madmax

Madmax

That's not foxtails-maybe barely. When the bud stems start elongating and looks almost like its trying to reveg is what I call foxtails. Pretty much ruins the bud, unless you like smoking stems. If it starts doing that -cut it.
Agree..and an absolute pita to trim tooI’ve only ever had one bad example.turned into a monster .this was the top.14 oz off a 5 week veg .9-10 week flowering.looks exactly what you said Growsince79 one finger leafs like it’s revegging
F4A2F541 9501 4397 B665 568A71A069F3

HerbalEdu

HerbalEdu

Lot of strain or some phenotypes within a strain will naturally foxtail.

Your plant look nearly done, so i wouldn't be concerned about such little foxtail.

That's what serious case of foxtail due to heat stress could look like:
5958529 grow journal by herbaledusweet seedscream caramel cbd
5958535 grow journal by herbaledusweet seedscream caramel cbd
5958536 grow journal by herbaledusweet seedscream caramel cbd
5958538 grow journal by herbaledusweet seedscream caramel cbd
5958539 grow journal by herbaledusweet seedscream caramel cbd

Eledin

Eledin

I saw an article recently saying that some breeders maximize the foxtail genetic for some strains because some growers like it (dont know if its because they loo pretty or what). Im confused as to why someone would want a full foxtail genetic but here is the article, tell me what you guys think
I sometimes have a little fotxtailing towards the end but it never was a problem. The fist time it happened to me tho my weed matured too much cause I kept seeing new growth in the buds and I didnt wanna cut (many years ago, I didnt even check trichomes back then). I never had them reveg on me tho.

growsince79

growsince79

Agree..and an absolute pita to trim tooI’ve only ever had one bad example.turned into a monster .this was the top.14 oz off a 5 week veg .9-10 week flowering.looks exactly what you said Growsince79 one finger leafs like it’s reveggingView attachment 1382694
Those things piss me off so bad I won't even try to trim it. If it tastes good, I'd hash it- if not then its compost. Hash or trash.

sp838

sp838

Thanks everyone! Tomorrow is her 16th week, we'll celebrate together with a little sweet 16 party, and then come this weekend will be time for the axe 🌳🪓🥲

Latest posts

Top Bottom