Brute Bucket - 1 or 2 plants

• Thread starter guinnessguy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

guinnessguy

I'm about to start my first grow, in a Brute Bucket (37 gallons). Going with Northern Lights Auto. Given my space, should I do 1 or 2 plants?

SofaKingHigh

SofaKingHigh

I'm about to start my first grow, in a Brute Bucket (37 gallons). Going with Northern Lights Auto. Given my space, should I do 1 or 2 plants?
So many questions and not enough info. First why such a huge “bucket”? Second, where are you growing? Is it outdoors I’m assuming? Also what do you plant to use for a growing medium? I would say just do one plant in it. Could you grow 2, yes.

G

guinnessguy

So many questions and not enough info. First why such a huge “bucket”? Second, where are you growing? Is it outdoors I’m assuming? Also what do you plant to use for a growing medium? I would say just do one plant in it. Could you grow 2, yes.
The huge bucket is because its just a large space bucket. Rather than start with a 5-gal bucket, I went larger.
The space/brute bucket is indoors, and I plan to use soil, as this is my first grow in almost 20 years.

Billymgb

Billymgb

You really dont need that big of a pot. Why dont you get a couple of 10 gallon or 7 gallon pots and plant 2 or 3 plants, as far as growing 2 plants in that pot will give you problems. Only grow 1 plant per pot. Good luck brother.
Bill G

SofaKingHigh

SofaKingHigh

The huge bucket is because its just a large space bucket. Rather than start with a 5-gal bucket, I went larger.
The space/brute bucket is indoors, and I plan to use soil, as this is my first grow in almost 20 years.
I would say use 10 gallon buckets. But you should also transplant from smaller buckets to larger ones. Putting a seedling in a 10 gallon bucket can make watering correctly complicated.

G

guinnessguy

I'm growing in a 3-gal grow bag that is INSIDE the 37-gal Brute bucket.
The lights are fixed to the lid of the bucket. I have a small fan blowing air into the big bucket, and a fan and filter taking the air out.
I'm using the bucket as a grow tent, not as a planter.

Latest posts

Top Bottom