BTi larvicide -calling all microbiologists

• Thread starter Dunge
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dunge

Dunge

BTi (Bacillus thuringiensis israelensis) is the active bio agent, or rather the toxic remnant of sporulation is a crystalline body associated with the spore which disrupts larval gut tissue. The material (ie. Gnatrol) is very expensive and results are concentration driven, so...
I what to inoculate my tea with BTi, grow up a bloom, then stimulate sporulation and kill me some worms with an amplified culture.
I have the ability to view microbes under 400X, but I don't know what it takes to hatch a spore, or to recognize when I have.
I have been able to learn that sporulation takes about eight hours once initiated, but what reliably starts this, and how to pull it off, are a well spring of ignorance.
I can brew good beer, so I have some basic skills.
Any thoughts?

Natural

Natural

I've got some Microbe Lift (BMC)..same stuff that is in gnatrol. From what I've gathered it needs to be fresh..and if it got hot it's worthless. I've read before that the water needs to be cold..50-60* and it needs to be in every single watering/feeding for 3 weeks. Capulator has some form of BTi in his OGBiowar..that would be the best product to "brew" the microbes(nematodes). Maybe he'll swing through with some info. I'm not sure why the ML BMC and Gnatrol cannot be brewed..maybe it's something to do with the liquid suspension. Maybe they can..never tried. I haven't had much luck with the ML BMC..perhaps I had a bad batch.If you could find it, getting the crystallin form would be ultimately better imo.
I did have some luck with OGBiowar as a soil drench..but flunked when I used it as a foliar..for letting the talc settle far too long in water without aeration. Plan on re-upping soon and will make a better tea. The gnats did die off for awhile..they have made a comeback again...but I'm close to harvest. FG's have been bad this year. Gonna have to toss a few dozen smart pots..bomb the empty rooms and get some diatomaceous earth and/or some gnatnix...along with my OGBiowar for the next round.
Good Luck with your war

Latest posts

Top Bottom