Bubba Kush 12/12 from clone soil grow

• Thread starter Voodoo Child
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
V

Voodoo Child

High all,

Welcome to my first soil grow and thread here at the farm.
I will try my best to update this thread as much as possible.

Strain:
Bubba Kush
--------------
Soil:
Fox Farm/Ocean Forest (alone)
--------------
Nutrients:
FF Grow Big (just 2 feedings of 2.5ml)
FF Big Bloom
FF Tiger Bloom
--------------
FF Open Sesame
FF Beastie Bloomz (1/4 TS)
FF Cha Ching
--------------
Botanicare
Cal/Mag (5ml every other feed)
--------------
Superthrive (1 drop per gallon first couple of weeks)
--------------
Grandma's Molasses (5ml every other feed alone)
--------------
Lights:
from 12/6-12/30
4x 65w 2700k CFL's
4x 23w 6500k CFL's
--------------
Just added on 12/30
1x 400w HPS
--------------

As of now I'm on Day 25 of 12/12 Week 3 feeding nutes and solubles. First 7 days I fed them plain water ph'd 6.5

I figure I'll let them go another 6 weeks, so take a seat pack a bowl and pass it around...

Here's a few shots from last night.

Peace,
VC

Bubba kush 1212 from clone soil grow
Bubba kush 1212 from clone soil grow 2
Bubba kush 1212 from clone soil grow 3
Bubba kush 1212 from clone soil grow 4
Bubba kush 1212 from clone soil grow 5
Bubba kush 1212 from clone soil grow 6
Bubba kush 1212 from clone soil grow 7
R

Revolt!

Lookin good bro! Once you stick those girls under that HPS they will explode for sure.

Just an FYI though, those FF nutes aren't all organic. Only the soil & Big Bloom are. Espically the soluable 3 pack, those are loaded with synthetic salts.

4u2sm0ke

4u2sm0ke

okay Im pulling up my milk crate..loading my bong and awaiting the updates..Where did ya get the Bubba beans..I have a few more left..and had great results with them outdoors last summer..thanks for shareing with us...I use all 6 FF as well..sending some Mojo for the Grow

take care and be safe

V

Voodoo Child

Lookin good bro! Once you stick those girls under that HPS they will explode for sure.

Just an FYI though, those FF nutes aren't all organic. Only the soil & Big Bloom are. Espically the soluable 3 pack, those are loaded with synthetic salts.

What up Revolt!, Welcome and thank you for the comment.

I think it was a little too close and I think I might have burned or over heated one of them, so I adjusted to 10 inches from the tops. I'm only keeping the 2x 65w side by side to keep the bottom buds lit up a bit, since they didn't get Topped or FIM'd.

okay Im pulling up my milk crate..loading my bong and awaiting the updates..Where did ya get the Bubba beans..I have a few more left..and had great results with them outdoors last summer..thanks for shareing with us...I use all 6 FF as well..sending some Mojo for the Grow

take care and be safe

4u2sm0ke come on in, bring the milk crate, it's all good brother!

I picked up 6 Bubba clones at a local dispensary out here in Cali. Out of those 6 I kept 3 as mother plants, they're probably about 4 feet tall now in 3.5 gallon buckets in Hydroton. (tall not bushy, but not stretched)

I'm gonna take 10 cuts today from all 3 and start all over and LST the new moms this time to save space... and chop the existing moms :(

I know those bubbas must grow huge outdoors!

? sir...How often do you water and how much in each pot? if indoors.

( I have mine in 2.5 gallon buckets, and split a gallon between both, is this adequate?)

-VC

S

SmokeMan

Your plants look good but you want to slow down on the watering , your plants are suffering a little bit from over watering. Not too bad but a little. Since you are growing with only FFOF alone then you need to just water every 2-3days, FFOF nowadays retains alot of water UNLESS you cut it with alot of perlite when the soil was mixed before planting. For being on Day 25 you should be more ahead on production.

The way to tell if the plants are thirsty is easy... 1. pick the pot up and if the pot is real light and not heavy then the plant could be getting thirtsy. Also the leafs will tell you if they are thristy, but you got to know what to look for. Easy, if the leafs look sad or limp then theymight be thristy. Remember the plants will look sad or limp from being OVERwatered too. U must be able to tell the difference.

This is my pre98 bubba kush on day 22 of flower.

S

SmokeMan

ps. since your growing in soil you shouldnt need any calmag . I rarely need it and I grow in ffof mixed with perlite . I only add it once the plants look hungry and they really need it, be careful with ffof bro, you need to wait at least 35-45 days from planting before you start feeding. IMHO, everytime I feed before then my plants get burnt to shit:brokenheart

V

Voodoo Child

Hey SmokeMan, thanks for the info bro. That pre98s lookin nice ;)

Since 12/06 I was feeding once a week but once I got that 400 watter I noticed the top of the soil get really dry + I had the 2x 65w CFL's going on each side, so I figured either the soil is drying up faster or they need to drink a little more water cause of the stage of flower? 2 Qts each or half a gallon each.

I even did the finger test and it was a little less than moist. last time I fed them was on Sunday.

Thanks for the help!

Update coming up...

G

ganjherbsmoke

listen to smokeman for sure bro
the finger test is bogus ud have to stick ur finger in 10+ spots in the soil and have a really long finger for it to actually work lol
the lift pot method is the way to go

V

Voodoo Child

Hello Farmers,

Thank you all for taking the time to check out my lil thread. Also, I really appreciate all the advice and positive vibes .

Well today is Day 30 from the time I transplanted.

Week 1 with the 400 hps.

Last time I watered them was on Sunday.

Fox Farm
2.5ml Grow Big,10ml Tiger Bloom,14ml Big Bloom, 1/4 TS Beastie Bloomz, 2.5ml Cal Mag (probably last time until I notice they need it.)

PH 6.5-6.8- Temps: 75-78F/RH 30-38

Not really much of a difference from 12/31 although I'm beginning to smell the hint of Bubba a little stronger in the air. So that's always -> :cool0041:

I'm not going to use the CFL's on this run anymore although it only went up like 2 degrees I want to keep it 400!

I didn't get around to taking cuts last night, but I took some flower and color pics this time....

Thank you for stopping by.

:movie

Bloom1212day301week400 008thc
Bloom1212day301week400 011thc
Bloom1212day301week400 010thc
Bloom1212day301week400 017thc
Bloom1212day301week400 019thc
Bloom1212day301week400 020thc
Bloom1212day301week400 050thcp12
T

TheGanjaMan

That sucks:( I bought there line thinking it was 100% organic..

V

Voodoo Child

Thanks GanjaMan!

I'm hoping to get at least a little somethin, somethin to burn. I'm cool if i get a z or less between both.

Not expecting much from my first grow ever. What I do expect is to learn more :)

When you used FF line were you satisfied w/ the end results? yield/taste even though it was not 100% organic?

jansjukebox

jansjukebox

Keep up the work Voodoo child!! i use the fox farm line also and grow in promix. It just takes soem time to get the hang of everything, but you look like you are well on the way! I love the fox farm nutes but I do suplement with technaflora magical and blackstrap moleasses. Any questions I'll do my best to answer!

T

TheGanjaMan

Thanks GanjaMan!

I'm hoping to get at least a little somethin, somethin to burn. I'm cool if i get a z or less between both.

Not expecting much from my first grow ever. What I do expect is to learn more :)

When you used FF line were you satisfied w/ the end results? yield/taste even though it was not 100% organic?

I have only run the whole line outside. And it was not to bad at all. Lowered my ph in my water. Which was good because it was at like 8.5-9 out at my crop. Saved me slot of ph down... I grew in a mix of, perlite, peat moss, vercumlite, and compost. There was one bad thing about it though. The weather turned to shit up here and they only got a 1 week flush. I would give em at-least 2.5 week flush now that i have smoked the finished product. But the grow big is working wounders in my veg room. If your going to run there full line i suggest getting hygrozyme and cal-mag. IMO Cal-Mag is a must. I just dont think that one bottle can cover all the nutrients that our beloved plant needs. These nutes are not the best for yeild but the quality they produce are undeniably dank! Had my best run ever, as far as quality with this brand. I have used the FF line, General Hydroponics line and the Bio thrive line and FF wins IMO. By the way the poudered additives are very potent. I raised my level of open sesame from 50 to 75% of recomended dose and burnt my whole outdoors crop. So be careful and raise slowly. You will notice each rais of nutrients you give them because your plants will get darker and darker green.

hope i helped

V

Voodoo Child

Keep up the work Voodoo child!! i use the fox farm line also and grow in promix. It just takes soem time to get the hang of everything, but you look like you are well on the way! I love the fox farm nutes but I do suplement with technaflora magical and blackstrap moleasses. Any questions I'll do my best to answer!

Thank you jansjukebox! I appreciate the help.

V

Voodoo Child

I have only run the whole line outside. And it was not to bad at all. Lowered my ph in my water. Which was good because it was at like 8.5-9 out at my crop. Saved me slot of ph down... I grew in a mix of, perlite, peat moss, vercumlite, and compost. There was one bad thing about it though. The weather turned to shit up here and they only got a 1 week flush. I would give em at-least 2.5 week flush now that i have smoked the finished product. But the grow big is working wounders in my veg room. If your going to run there full line i suggest getting hygrozyme and cal-mag. IMO Cal-Mag is a must. I just dont think that one bottle can cover all the nutrients that our beloved plant needs. These nutes are not the best for yeild but the quality they produce are undeniably dank! Had my best run ever, as far as quality with this brand. I have used the FF line, General Hydroponics line and the Bio thrive line and FF wins IMO. By the way the poudered additives are very potent. I raised my level of open sesame from 50 to 75% of recomended dose and burnt my whole outdoors crop. So be careful and raise slowly. You will notice each rais of nutrients you give them because your plants will get darker and darker green.

hope i helped

GanjaMan, Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions bro.

Sorry to hear about that burnt crop...

This not only helps me out, but all the newbies out there who are deciding to use FF line for the first time.

again, thank you for sharing!

T

TheGanjaMan

Hey Voodoo child i forgot to ask you if you still had watering problems ?

V

Voodoo Child

Hey GanjaMan,

Not really but I might have over-watered a little like SmokeMan was saying...
I'm gonna go the 'lifting the pot method' for watering, if it's light water if not I'll wait.

Last time I watered was Sunday and today I weighed them out and they were still a little heavy, so i'll probably let them go until Sat or Sun.

My next feeding coming up is Week 9 of the FF feeding schedule. Week 4 for me since I'm flowering from clone... Or maybe I should just give them ph'd water and then feed nutes?

What do you guys think?

For those wondering what the FF feeding chart is:

jansjukebox

jansjukebox

i give nutes every other feeding one time water next tiem food..

B

been

What do you guys think?
Hey bro, if you're starting over and you have some extra watts available you should get a small air pump and do them deep water culture. That would beat the shit out of soil and you could still use your FF nutes. :boogie:

Congrats on the new 400 btw!

Top Bottom