Bubba Kush ?'s

• Thread starter dodietyme
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

dodietyme

I have been trying to find the answer to this question. What is the difference between the Bubba Pre98 cut and the Katsu cut?

revfunk

revfunk

Supporter
others can explain the exact history a bit better (i.e. swerve) but I can describe the difference in flavor if ya'd like :damnhippie: To me, both cuts have the same underlying kush flavor, but it's the variation in the 'chocolate coffee' terpene (or whatever you want to call it...) that makes the real difference, and it's subtle imo. The pre98 cut (swerve's) has a definitive 'coffee bean dipped in hash oil' flavor every time, especially when ya really dial her in and give her a long, slow cure. The katsu cut (ORGNKID S1 if I remember correctly, that was bought and passed around by Katsu) has less of a pronounced 'coffee bean' flavor and more of a 'low fat mocha' flavor :icon_dizzy: Believe me.....this makes perfect sense when ya smoke the two back to back over several occassions and several grows lmao. Growth, nute requirements, etc etc etc was too similar to note in my op......I kept the pre98 cut and tossed the katsu because imo the pre98 is better for My taste :) Also......I want to add this because I feel it is important to note.......both bubba clones will ripen in under 56-58 daze and CAN be harvested and still be amazing BUBBA.........but if you let her mature to 70 daze......you'll NEVER go back to 56, I promise :)

here are some pictures of the two side by side my friend........hope this helped! The first four pictures are the Katsu Bubba Kush clone...........the second four pictures are of Swerve's Pre98 Bubba Kush clone.
bf

DSC02107
DSC02108
DSC02109
DSC02110
DSC02101
DSC02103
DSC02104
DSC02105
B

bdawgburner

I think that katsu has a bit more stretch than the pre98 too. Would you bf? IMVHO the katsu isnt as strong as the pre98 either. At least the katsu I've had. I've never grown it personally but a friend does and my bubba blows his away.

D

dodietyme

damn thats disappointing..I guess im gonna pass on the opportunity to get the katsu..

L

livinglegend

dont bash the katsu if your not sure man. personal preference brother.
get both......

D

dodietyme

thx for the advice..but I only have access to the katsu cut.

D

dodietyme

wish I could get the pre98....one day my friends one day!

B

bdawgburner

I'm not trying to bash the katsu at all. I just prefer my pre98 to my buddy's katsu and I'm sure of it legend. Most people around my neck of the woods would agree that the pre98 is a little better. Wasnt trying to upset anyone, just giving mho. But having the katsu would be better than not having any bubba at all.

L

livinglegend

its all good bdawg, i was replying to dodie. Just saying he should personally try them both befor making a decision.

whats crazy is, ive had the same cut of bubba for yeaars and still dont know where it came from. Its by far the best ive had though, except for the 98, ive never grown the 98 so i cant really weigh in on that.

S

SmokyMcSmokestr

i thought pre 98 was a masterk x bubblegum

and the new is master k x bubba...im probably way off on this one! im growing platinum bubba kush..whats the diff on that on??

revfunk

revfunk

Supporter
yup.....like everyone said......don't bash the katsu cut............she is ELITE all the way, just different than the Pre98, which is what this thread is all about ;) Many friends run both, I just didn't have the room for two very similar plants. And yes, the katsu will stretch a tad bit more and is not as potent as the pre98, but like I said....these differences appeared minimal to me...overall they could easily be mislabeled :damnhippie:

don't pass on the katsu cut my friend.............get her and puff you some of the best herb on the planet: bubba kush.

bf

Top Bottom