Bubba Kush

• Thread starter Timbo0716
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Timbo0716

Timbo0716

Hi everyone! I have some Bubba Kush plants that are 10 inches tall, when should I put them into 12/12? They have been veg 18/6. Also, when going to this transition do I have a period of darkness to start it off? Thanks for your input!!

Gemini

Gemini

Hi everyone! I have some Bubba Kush plants that are 10 inches tall, when should I put them into 12/12? They have been veg 18/6. Also, when going to this transition do I have a period of darkness to start it off? Thanks for your input!!
Put them in the dark a couple days then switch to 12/12

Timbo0716

Timbo0716

Thank you for your input, I appreciate it very much.🙂

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

I never use a dark period prior to flipping and all has been fine. IMO, 10 inches for a Bubba is a bit short..If she has alternating nodes then do as you want, but if not, she is still sexually immature and I would wait!
Alternating nodes

Timbo0716

Timbo0716

When in your own opinion would she be considered a mature female? I want to get the most out of them. Also can you tell me what the alternating node would indicate? Thank you so much for your input!!🙂

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

When in your own opinion would she be considered a mature female? I want to get the most out of them. Also can you tell me what the alternating node would indicate? Thank you so much for your input!!🙂
When a plant is sexually mature..she will show alternating nodes..that's the key for me (I flip even later than that)..Otherwise yields etc will usually suffer. The maturity part is NOT my opinion, but reality. The darkness thing is my opinion and is a wives tale.
20190325 152443

Deke

Deke

When a plant is sexually mature..she will show alternating nodes..that's the key for me (I flip even later than that)..Otherwise yields etc will usually suffer. The maturity part is NOT my opinion, but reality. The darkness thing is my opinion and is a wives tale.
View attachment 901400
This is new to me. None of my plants have alternating nodes, and they are flowering like champs?

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

This is new to me. None of my plants have alternating nodes, and they are flowering like champs?
I never said they wouldn't flower..Even a seedling flipped will flower.

Longer Veg= bigger plants=bigger fruit. If you don't believe me..Google around...This is not new news!

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Be careful with feeding the bubba. I've had issues with it over the years, sometimes it produced very very well, but the slightest amount of overfeeding will stall it out. Recommend staying below 500ppm after week 2 of flower for soiless.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Without pics its hard to tell but unless you have a very small space for them then let them grow. I have one Bubba growing now she's about 5 weeks old from seed I'd guess about 1 ft tall before I topped her last week, she's ready to transplant into a 3 gallon pot and I don't intend on turning her for another 1-2 months.
The last pic is a Cherry Bomb a little under 2.5 months old seed to pic it's a little under 2 ft tall I could turn her now but I'm going to keep her in veg until my other plants look like she does now. I don't like wasting my time on small plants, an extra few weeks in veg makes a big difference I need large harvest to keep me going

Oct 6 2019 004
Oct 6 2019 005
Oct 6 2019 002
Last edited:
cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
View attachment 901400
That is one sexual shot for sure

Timbo0716

Timbo0716

Thank you Dirtbag, Pipecarver and cemchris. I want the best yield also and appreciate your knowledge and input. My Bubba's are about 10 inches tall, I will let them grow some more before attempting to flip them. My grow closet is 5X6X8 I have 3 Bubba's and 3 unknown plants that I planted from seed from some I smoked. The 3 unknowns are close to 3.5ft tall. I want to get the max out of them, so I will have to let the Bubba's catch up some more before going 12/12.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Thank you Dirtbag, Pipecarver and cemchris. I want the best yield also and appreciate your knowledge and input. My Bubba's are about 10 inches tall, I will let them grow some more before attempting to flip them. My grow closet is 5X6X8 I have 3 Bubba's and 3 unknown plants that I planted from seed from some I smoked. The 3 unknowns are close to 3.5ft tall. I want to get the max out of them, so I will have to let the Bubba's catch up some more before going 12/12.
Are you topping your plants? You have lots of space. I have a 5x5 sq with only 5 ft under a 1000 w hps so I like to keep them short and spread out as best I can. I find 5 plants fills my room if 1 is shorter that I can put directly right under my light. I find 6 plants is too crowded for MY style of growing also I can only grow 4 legally (wink wink).

BigCube

BigCube

I've never given a plant a "dark period" before flipping to 12/12. Not sure why people think it does anything other than set you back a couple days.

I guess I miss that time every year when the sun goes down and stays down for days. 😆🤭

BigCube

BigCube

I never said they wouldn't flower..Even a seedling flipped will flower.

Longer Veg= bigger plants=bigger fruit. If you don't believe me..Google around...This is not new news!

Too true. So many people flip way too early. A couple more weeks of veg would give them twice as much bud.

Timbo0716

Timbo0716

Yes, I have topped all but one. Just want to see how the one not topped will grow and produce. They are looking great. I will post some pics when I get a chance, have some chores to do in the yard.

Uno

Uno

I've never given a plant a "dark period" before flipping to 12/12. Not sure why people think it does anything other than set you back a couple days.

I guess I miss that time every year when the sun goes down and stays down for days. 😆🤭
🤣

Timbo0716

Timbo0716

That's great to know also, I have sometime to go before I flip. Trying to learn as much as I can, being my first grow. Thanks Uno, appreciate the information and have a good one.🙂

Latest posts

Top Bottom