Bubba's Greenhouse

• Thread starter BubbaG
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BubbaG

BubbaG

I won't bore you with the details of the green house. If you're curious though there is a link below to a journal of the build in the greenhouse sub forum.

1st grow is in the books. I brutalized the plants getting environmental, etc controls in sync.... despite this, and the fact that my light deprivation curtains aren't full blackout, I still found no seeds... :-)

Current grow is Starfighter (courtesy of Greendot) and Tora Bora (courtesy of Natural Mystic).

Bubbas greenhouse

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
Word I know Joey from natural mystic he's good peeps! And has done very well in the past cannabis cups with the cbd lines.
The greenhouse looks like a fun project!

BubbaG

BubbaG

Hehe. Alls well that ends well... Got good color and pretty good taste - and decent yield. I ain't gotta buy dabs anytime soon - that's a 1/2 # of hash nearabouts :p - sorry dispensary dudes, there goes a grand a month into my pocket that I was burning on meds.

Much thanks and respect to my homies that made this for me.

@NaturalTherapy looks like it would make some good caramels...

Next run will be much prettier I expect. Holding my humidity around 40 no matter what goes down outside... woot!! and I now have the vent fans setup as the 1st stage of my cooling controls (2nd is evap cooler) so not much venting happening. Hanging my lights this weekend - 1300w over roughly 120 sqft

Girls looking ok and are spread out and moving nicely into flower now. On deck is Gilz Nilz, Green Ribbon BX, and Bio-chem

BubbaG

BubbaG

Woot!! Flowering real nice now, and not stretchy it seems, but I'm hanging my lights today anyways. You all know conduit and #12 copper wire and waterproof receptacles and shit is fuckin expensive???

Conduit is installed and wire is pulled as of last night, terminating wires today and talking HAL into running the lights for 12 hours per day while only opening the curtains for 9-10 hours per day.... so's I'm not a nuisance to my neighbors with an early sunrise hehe.

I have the West and East lights on separate control circuits... partly because I want that flexibility and partly because it leaves room for another 1K or so of lighting if I want without pulling more wire and partly because the max amp load on the relays is 18A :) and as initially I'm putting in 1.89 KWof supplemental lighting in the form of (6) 315w Phillips Elite Agro CMH bulbs in open, vertical bulb hoods.... it will require dos relays. This controls stuff is cool.

I already wore out a 70pint?? Amazon special de-humidifier... I need to buy a real one from Farmtek but they cost a grip -$1800 for a commercial sized one.

I'm hanging the lights on 1/4" wire rope so as to reduce the shade factor as much as possible.... pretty cool how I've got all this clockwork underneath the curtain now.... I'll post pics later of the lights in case any bodies curious....

BubbaG

BubbaG

Dude, that's exactly what I do, minus the news paper (too depressing).... and substitute quad latte for coffee... I got a gaggia espresso machine at the house..... I don't have a lot of stuff, but what I have is quality..... I let the ex-wife have all the rubbish.

The view is skewed like my perceptions - sorry. Pretty darn bright in there..

xavier7995

xavier7995

They seem stupidly impractical and I can't figure out how hail/big storms wouldn't destroy them, but from a coffee sippin perspective, the GH's made out of old windows are about the only thing I can think of that would be nicer than what you have going there.
Off to go read your construction thread and see what ideas I can snag:)

xavier7995

xavier7995

They seem stupidly impractical and I can't figure out how hail/big storms wouldn't destroy them, but from a coffee sippin perspective, the GH's made out of old windows are about the only thing I can think of that would be nicer than what you have going there.

Upon full review of the building of this beauty, wow, that thing looks more solid than most houses. Any further thoughts on if it is worth it to put in a pad vs. gravel for the floor?

BubbaG

BubbaG

Yep, me too. Someday I will have a full 2 story arboretum attached to my house - I would love for it be real glass but I hear you on the hailstones. The twin wall rigid polycarbonate labels I'm using are pretty darn clear though

BubbaG

BubbaG

Upon full review of the building of this beauty, wow, that thing looks more solid than most houses. Any further thoughts on if it is worth it to put in a pad vs. gravel for the floor?

It is designed for CO wind and snow loads, then I beefed it up some more anyways.

I think that I like the compacted roadbase with 3/4 gravel... but if you have much water runoff, it would be better to have a pad with a floor drain due to humidity.

xavier7995

xavier7995

Yep, me too. Someday I will have a full 2 story arboretum attached to my house - I would love for it be real glass but I hear you on the hailstones. The twin wall rigid polycarbonate labels I'm using are pretty darn clear though

Those panels do look awful nice. I would like to do a wood frame, just a real heavy duty one so it will hold up, but same basic idea. Really liking the headroom, that is something i never want to contend with again if i can help it.

It is designed for CO wind and snow loads, then I beefed it up some more anyways.

I think that I like the compacted roadbase with 3/4 gravel... but if you have much water runoff, it would be better to have a pad with a floor drain due to humidity.

Nope, looking at blumats myself. I just handwater now, but I think I have gotten over the fear that they will fail on me so am ready to step my game up in that sense.

BubbaG

BubbaG

I've got to get my furnace installed in the GH. Temps are dropping into the low 50s at night. I figure I've got about 3 weeks to harvest.

The aroma is tremendous when the vent fan, which is plumbed with a canfan150, isn't running cause temps are in balance.. which happens most days around 2PM.. can smell it in front yard maybe 80' away... going to have to add a scrubber I guess. Anyways, this fucker could smell it too and wanted at my crop. I live 1/2 mile from downtown lol.... he's a chubby bastard must be somebody's pet

My fierce std poodle kept him at bay lol

MrBelvedere

MrBelvedere

looking great man... nice buck- looks like he is ready for you to feed him some garden salad. :)

Check out the Santa Fe dehumidifiers, they never die and have a NPT pipe thread to easily get rid of the water.... whenver I get something that breaks fa$t go to the store, buy a new one... save receipt and a week later return the broken one in the new box.

Does it ever get dry in there during summer veg? The Honeywell swamp cooler humidifiers are great, analog and can be connected to controller easily, they have a GHT thread which can be adapted to NPT thread for constant water supply.

Top Bottom