Bubble Bag Question

• Thread starter YuckFou
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
YuckFou

YuckFou

Can you put fresh cut scrape, and popcorn buds into the dryice Bubble Bag?
Or should you dry it first?
I am using a 90 micron bag.

Thanks to all whom reply!

R

rhizoidal

Can't help sorry, as I've never used them before, but interested in hearing the answer.

Scorpion

Scorpion

yes you can ice extract fresh flowers...make sure you freeze the greens before beginning.

Ganjafarmer562

Ganjafarmer562

Freeze it first

Scorpion is right. Freeze your material first for best results. All of your material is going to get wet in the bubble bags so that isn't the issue. We are trying to get the most tric's off the material so freezing and using ice during mixing it makes them more brittle and easier to break off.

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

Hey the OP asked about fresh trim for dryice instead of regular ice method? I'm curious about this too, anybody know?

dankworth

dankworth

Hey the OP asked about fresh trim for dryice instead of regular ice method? I'm curious about this too, anybody know?

Fresh trim could be used for sure, but frozen fresh trim would be better I am guessing, and dry frozen trim might be best(may be too brittle, don't know for sure)

The idea behind the ice water for bubblehash, I read years ago, was to make the stalks of the capitate-stalked trichomes brittle. Thereby the gland heads can be efficiently broken off of the leaf surface. And being heavier than water, they sink to the bottom of the bubblebag.

So I am guessing that the dry ice method of extraction relies on cooling the air surrounding the glands, thus making the stalks brittle, etc.
If we do it with wet trim, we require extra cooling, extra work to produce the same effect.

Wet stuff wants to bend more than break I have found.

Unit541

Unit541

In my experience, fresh and frozen is the way to go. I find it's a waste to use flowers though. Large, leafy trim works best. I stick it straight into the freezer right after trimming is complete.

Being fresh keeps the leafy material more pliable than brittle, and as long as it's really cold, it doesn't get sticky.

707SebTownOGkrew

707SebTownOGkrew

dry and cured trim is the best for makeing hash in my opinion. cureing pulls the thc further out of the plant itself and also pulls more out. letting the trim dry in a air seeled bucket and burping the bucket once a day is the best way i think. iv used fresh trim as well and both work great. i think you will get a bigger yeild with dry material tho.

St3ve

St3ve

I won't freeze fresh trim anymore if I'm making dry ice hash. It sweats when you start shaking it with the dry ice and it all sticks together and makes a mess that's hard to get has from.

I will freeze it if I'm doing a water extraction, and I'll dry the trim if I'm going to do dry ice.

Top Bottom