Bubble bag yield equates to THC content?

• Thread starter bobtaeger
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

bobtaeger

I was wondering. If a person was to use a given amount of material (say 100 grams), always use identical; preperation, blending methods, duration of blending, the same clean bags for filtering, and identical drying methods would the weight of the finished hash equate to the potency of the bud used? Say 20 grams of very blond hash is produced, could a person feel some confidence that the bud used was around 18% THC?

Likewise, could this method be used to compare two different strains of prime bud for simple relative THC contents, as in which bud has more THC?

Does anyone claim to "know" what the usual, or possibly the maximum, amount of THC that can be removed using the bubble bag method?

I am on about my 6th batch using a 5 bag set of one gallon size bags and keeping detailed measurements of my technique. I am still improving my technique and equipment, and have used several different qualities and amounts of bud or leaf, so my results are not that comparable or useful for interpretation at this point. But if done properly it seems to me the hash produced would definitely reflect properties of the product used.

Does this thinking seem correct?

BoB

Blaze

Blaze

Well, THC is contained in all parts of the plant, just just the trichromes, so I do not believe it would be particularly accurate in gauging THC content. However, strains that have more trichromes do produce more hash, and most of the THC is in the tricrhomes, so in my experience, the more potent strains do tend to indeed yield more hash. So, it can give you a rough idea on the potency and possible THC content but I don't think it would be super-accurate. The hash absolutely reflects the properties of the product used as well; the quality of the material you turn into hash is the single biggest factor in determining the quality of the hash IMO.

Latest posts

Top Bottom