Bubble Bottle - Chlorimite Problem

• Thread starter Pandaman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

Pandaman

Ok, so the idea of having a straight Mineral Water feed is getting too expensive and I decided to go the cheaper route.

I bought a 5gal water jug with a built-in tap on the side near the bottom. It has a larger than normal mouth at the top and it seemed perfect for a bubble-bottle water-supply.

After filling it up and setting the air pump, I put an air-stone in it and let it sit. Meanwhile I went to my local Hydro Store and mentioned what I was doing. The guy at the counter said here (my city) we don't have Chlorine, we have Chlorimite, so the bubble-bottle I made isn't going to do a damn thing for the water except make cute little bubbles that are really only fun to watch for a minute or two (if I'm high... Maybe 5 minutes tops.)

Any thoughts on this? I'm looking to cheaply use tap water for feeding but I'm not willing to get an expensive water-filtration system or RO kit. Maybe down the line but I can't justify the cost for that kinda thing right now. Plants are going through 1.5gal daily and that gets expensive for store bought mineral water...

http://img403.invalid.com/img403/705/bubblebottle.jpg

Thanks in advance :)

:weed-sign:

K

kindindy123

need to find a r/o hut ,25cents a gal $1.25,5g i fill 2 for a rez change,cant beat r/o with hydro,or propagation,my tap is @ 160ppm witch isnt that bad,& i still noticed a diff. goodluck!! kindindy

L

Lost

Wrap that sucker in alum tape, put a net pot in the top.. LOL Easy res changes, just use the tap, lol..

Ok sorry.. REALLY high right now :)

Check the pet store for chloramine remover. Its a few drops, and I think you may have to airate it for a day, i forget :) Should be under 10 bucks to treat hundreds of gallons..

Edit: Also the $100 r/o setups on ebay work great! You can get them with a hose hookup and a float valve for auto filling! :)

Waterstation
P

Pandaman

By R/O Hut, you mean a store that sells R/O water right?

Thanks

L

Lost

The more I look at that 5 gallon, the more I like it. Looks perfect for mixing nutes!

Where did you pick that up if you don't mind me asking?

P

Pandaman

Thanks kindindy123, I think that will be a great solution to my problem until I can afford a better one :). As I remember, I have a few of those near me. Thanks.

I think that I will get an R/O kit when I can afford it now that I know that you can get them from eBay. Thanks Lost :). I'd like a self-sustaining system so I wouldn't have to run out and fill up bottles. It is a cheap solution though, if you can't/don't want to afford the R/O kit.

I got a bottle of that solution that dissolves Ammonia and Chlorimite. Ya, this stuff treats like 2,000 gallons :). Testing now to see before and after readings on Ammonia and Chlorimite levels.

Lost, here is the water store I got that bottle from. It was $18.99. It's a great bottle. That would be a good idea to get another one as a handy dispenser for nute feeding. The tap on the bottom makes things a lot easier :)

House of Living Water‎
11117 Palms Blvd, Los Angeles, CA‎ - (310) 841-6898

Moderators: Don't know if I'm allowed to post a store name and address so feel free to delete if you need to.

Latest posts

Top Bottom