Bubble cloner, first try….help?

• Thread starter CBDfutute4
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CBDfutute4

CBDfutute4

Running a bubble style 3.5 gal bucket cloner I built, first time cloning.

initially i had water level issues and could not get roots to start. Once that was dialed in they came in well.

I took the clones off wk5 flowering plants so I cut everything off them. Stuff that was down low on the plants

Will they ever begin to grow up top again??

i took out my 4 cfl bulb setup and put in my Hlg 65 at 28 inches today.

the roots have been 3.5 wks to get like this

should I try to make these work or buy nice ones n fuk this attempt

Bubble cloner first tryhelp
Bubble cloner first tryhelp 2
Bubble cloner first tryhelp 3
Beach_Bum

Beach_Bum

Its Amazing the roots look so good and the tops nothing. Iv'e only cloned once but took cuttings that had new leaves emerging. I cut off all the big leaves underneath and any I did keep I cut half the leaf off. It looks like you took the cuttings from one branch. That maybe right I have no idea just saying what I did. But those roots are growing thats a good sign., something is going to happen

Canabisius

Canabisius

Running a bubble style 3.5 gal bucket cloner I built, first time cloning.

initially i had water level issues and could not get roots to start. Once that was dialed in they came in well.

I took the clones off wk5 flowering plants so I cut everything off them. Stuff that was down low on the plants

Will they ever begin to grow up top again??

i took out my 4 cfl bulb setup and put in my Hlg 65 at 28 inches today.

the roots have been 3.5 wks to get like this

should I try to make these work or buy nice ones n fuk this attempt
It looks like you removed to much material. I didn't remove the old bud and growth until new growth emerged.

CBDfutute4

CBDfutute4

Yea, I cut way too much

I believe u want to leave one node worth with at least 2 leafs. I’ve been waiting n waiting tho because the roots look great

I went from 2 led/cfl bulbs to 4, now Hlg 65.

I keep my heater at 71f n have a soil mat in the tent which increase the heat in air n water to 74f air, 82 air.

Water is 280ppm now

but I also think they don’t have anything to absorb energy n grow. All leafs cut 60% back

buy new clones to try to make these work???

Ponky

Ponky

No

I took more than that
Weird.. first time I've seen that. A standard clone is about 6 inch. And when you look top on it you want to trim the leaves down to make it about 2.5 in diameter. Roots are fine. Just something else went wrong. It looks weird. Roots like fine.

mancorn

mancorn

When I’ve cloned the middle of a branch (which looks like you did) I leave more stem above the node. Perhaps you cut too close to the node.

edit: and I make sure that the node is already growing. Looks to me that the node hadn’t starting growing when you made the clone.

Last edited:
RealizedReal000

RealizedReal000

I would start again bro. It doesn’t look like you have any new growth and the plant doesn’t have enough to keep up with what is wants.

Tribbsy

Tribbsy

Bigger and middle aged growth is best at least 3 nodes per cut , ur bubble cloner looks on track , id recomend a sprayer in bucket rather then bubbler ✌️

189C4F24 54B2 41A9 9401 4AF3B101B45E
CBDfutute4

CBDfutute4

I have 2 plants 10wk flowering n 2 8wks

if I use the 8wk ones and like Trisbby has above, something with 2-3 nodes

just trim all the nug n bud sites off??

When I first took these it was at 6wks n that’s why I cut everything from them

TyneDog

TyneDog

I'm impressed you got roots off that you should have no trouble with real cuts good job buddy! do not get discouraged

CBDfutute4

CBDfutute4

I'm impressed you got roots off that you should have no trouble with real cuts good job buddy! do not get discouraged

thank you

I’m going to take some more tomorrow night clean the whole bubbler setup

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
dont trim the bud off.

look up monster cropping.

when you take the cutting from the flowering plant, you leave the bud and just 2 leaf sets. if you cut off the bud you destroy the monster part of this.

20210613 114733
20210613 114713
20210613 114645
20210613 114813
20210616 220556
20210619 183049

Last edited:
lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
they are out of order and i dont have any of the little buds i took. but it was from cleaning up the bottle on a plant in flower about 6 or 7 weeks.

they start as a stick with a couple leaves and a small bud in the middle.

then the weird curly Q leaves come. they look monsterish!

then you get them trying to make a good leaf, so lots of singles and even lobes then you get real leaves and it is a monster with about 20 great bud sites (if you train it) that one is back in the flower tent now and looking great!

i just plopped the bud in a cup of water, got roots and watched it take off!

it was worth seeing the creepy leaves! no matter what you read, it is worth doing to see it!

when i open the tent tonight i will show you the now shot

CBDfutute4

CBDfutute4

I have my room in garage

clone indoors. My wife will complain like a MFer but what u going to do…

so just take a lower popcorn branch n use it as the clone basically??

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
yes, basically and literally (back before literally meant figuratively)

clip off a popcorn bud with a nice stem. trim all but the top off, leave 2 sets (that is 4 leaves) of leaves (right where the bud sits)

i just plopped it in water and set it by my desk till i saw some roots. then i put it in potting soil in a solo. then up potted and back in flower.

when it starts to grow the "bud" part you started with is down in the center and you keep pulling the new stems to the outside, and it makes more, you tie more back and it makes more...

Top Bottom