Bubble cloner

• Thread starter Bud Garret
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Bud Garret

I clone in a homemade bubble cloner------Tupperware with 10 rectangles cut out 10 poly incerts hold the clones. 2 air stones bubbling away. Its set on a heat mat. now it takes anywhere from 7 days to 21 days to root. Just plain tap water. Would an additive speed thigs up a little? If so what would you recomend. Thank you to all who reply.

GET MO

GET MO

Supporter
I think it has more to do with the tempature, if you keep it at 78-80 degrees the plants will root faster.

C

cozymon

It sounds like you're having pretty good results. As far as additives you can use Superthrive as a rooting hormone (cheap), or H&G's Roots Excelurator (expensive but killer). An eonomical approach would be to use vitamin B1 along with or without a half dose of feed. Vitamin B1 has been used for years to reduce stress and stimulate root growth. It's great for cuttings.

A

Alekiboy

Are you testing the pH of your tap water?
Olivia's Cloning gel works wonders for me!
Superthrive is great for starts and also for reducing shock while transplanting...
B1 is da bomb!

F

forehead

Imo...alot of expeience with this....NO additive(ok if you add a weak nute when you see the 1st roots) and keep the water at 72 degrees..anything over 75 is less effective IME> with bubble cloners cool is better ...even down to the high 60s.

B

Bud Garret

Thanks so much for all your replys. The darn heat mat I cant regulate it only has on and off. I will try the superthrive on the next round and see how it works, The 7 days I dont mind but when it gets to 14-21 days I start to get neverous lol. Thanks again fellow farmers.

C

cozymon

BG, You can plug your heat mat into a thermostat to get it accurate. Aim for 75 to 80 percent humidity and if you're using a dome, wipe off the moisture inside a couple times a day. Also, let the medium almost dry out before rewatering. It encourages the roots to search for water.

I hope these tips increase your success rate.

Top Bottom