Bubble hash / Live Rosin wont dab??

• Thread starter WannaBeGreenThumbz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
W

WannaBeGreenThumbz

Hi guys I bought some bubble bags ran some frozen nugs through and got this.... was happy with its look but when I threw it on my E nail it wouldn't dab just kinda sat there for a minute turned black THEN smoked a little I'm really confused, I also placed the remains in a micron bag and pressed it at 170 I got a peanut buttery texture rhat again wouldn't dab on the nail .... what gives ??? L
Bubble hash  live rosin wont dab
Bubble hash  live rosin wont dab 2
Bubble hash  live rosin wont dab 3
Bubble hash  live rosin wont dab 4
Bubble hash  live rosin wont dab 5

P

PahPahCee

What screen sizes did you use when you washed the cannabis? How did you dry the hash after?

MDK

MDK

Imo that's just bubble hash...shits better on a bowl or in a j

Dabbing it is a chore, rosin is what you want....but idk why your rosin ain't working

MDK

MDK

I think you want to press your rosin around 185° F. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong. I believe that is the temperature some terps start to cook off, so you basically want to go right to that limit not over...or you start losing taste.

Moshmen

Moshmen

I think you want to press your rosin around 185° F. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong. I believe that is the temperature some terps start to cook off, so you basically want to go right to that limit not over...or you start losing taste.
So I press flower starting at 180 - kief I’d start 170 and see ? Every strain is different start with a small sample perfect your process then let it rip

0E816DA4 4FB9 473E 8646 F3F9489A0D50
4766F987 6547 4848 87F2 599EF895B3CD
W

WannaBeGreenThumbz

Thanks for the replies everyone, I'm going to guess I need work on the pressing the hash part maybe I'm still applying pressure too soon I tried to go much slower this time but perhaps I'm pushing the hash into and past the plates not achieving a full rosin? Here's a few pix of it pulled up most the way, burns GREAT Ina bowl I'm stupid stoned on a pinch ...

I used Ipower hash bags off ammy and really only used like 3 of the filters ( 220 170 25) since I'm just mixing it all and pressing it..... just thought it would be so much easier after pressing a pound plus of flower via the press and learning the ropes there
20230327 060512
20230327 060517
20230327 113613

Last edited:
Moshmen

Moshmen

I don’t do much hash pressing in my dab press so I don’t have much info for you but flier I do like say 3 grams - temp 180 ish come down with very little pressure- let heat up for 20/30 seconds bring pressure up and hold at temp for about 60/90 seconds

9AC0E4AD D14D 4861 B56D 87BC330FCED8
Habosabin

Habosabin

I don’t do much hash pressing in my dab press so I don’t have much info for you but flier I do like say 3 grams - temp 180 ish come down with very little pressure- let heat up for 20/30 seconds bring pressure up and hold at temp for about 60/90 seconds
I have the same temp unit you have? Do you have a DabPress?

Habosabin

Habosabin

Yes the caged version 4x7 I think
Mine is some cast iron thing that weighs way more than it should. I think it's a similar plate size. The controller unit isn't attached to anything on mine. Sits on the side of it.

Reactions: MDK
MDK

MDK

Wish I had one. How long does fresh frozen last in the freezer...I was thinking about just leaving a plant in there and when I have company just press out a quick dab session of frozen live rosin lol....if thats viable...is there a time limit? Is it just a flash freeze? Curious to know

I was one those old qwiso wizards 12 or 13 years ago....I need something cleaner for the 2023 lol

MDK

MDK

I've considered the small one just to have something...how do you like the rositek man?

Wanna build a dab lab so bad

P

PahPahCee

I just picked up a 7 ton Dulytek for $50 off OfferUp the other day. Pretty stoked about it.

If it’s any consolation I had some fresh frozen hash I pressed last night. It sucked. I also didn’t like it when it was in hash form. So I suppose the ol’ garbage in garbage out is true. My flower rosin is turning out great.

For those looking into buying a press; I’ll sum up my research for you. If your pressing personal amounts under 14grams then a 4 ton press is probably going to be good. The 6 ton dabpress is the one I really wanted. Allows for a little more wear and tear. Once a month dabpress sells used/refurbs and you can throw a discount on top of it. That’s the best bang for the buck.

Top Bottom