BubbleBuckets/FloodDrain Hybrid HELP!!!!!

• Thread starter diego214
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

diego214

Hello everyone...long time reader first time posting.

I have been growing for a few years on and off and have learned from many of you. Currently i hvae switched over to a (8) 5 gallon ebb gro bucket system. My last run i pretty much just ran the buckets like most...foolding 3-4 times a day for 15-30 minutes with not really any major problems.

I recently have put (2) airstones in the bottem of each bucket...one (4) 0utput Dual Diaphram air pump split to create 8 airlines to (4) buckets.

My plants are about 2 weeks old and really are starting to have their roots get estabolsihed and take off....very vigerous growth. But recently i have started to notice what seemed to be heat stress....I have (2) 4x8 t5 hoods over the 8 plants and had the lghts almost on top of them and i started noticing the very tips of the leaves starting to curl under and the sides of the leaves staring to curl up like a taco. I immediatly lifted the light to about 18 inches above the plants, but my veg room is NOWHERE near hot....pretty steady at 78-80deg

My leaves are extremely healthy looking, NO burning whatsoever, just lots of top tips starting to curl down and under and the sides of largr fan leaves are starting to curl up...

Sooooo to my question..........since i have put the airstones in the bottem of the buckets and started to really blast the roots/root solution, should i be feeding on a different schedule than before, say like around every 4 hours flooded to 1 hour of drain? Has the massive amount of air being pump into the tiny bit of water the roots sit in for most of the time when they are on drain potenially drying the roots out and causing the plants to show sign of what seems to be heat stress??

I hope someone can help!!!! I an somewhat new to the buckets...I REALLY like them just havn't quite got them dialed the way I want or need!!!

J

Jalisco Kid

By bubble buckets do you mean hempy buckets? Does your buckets have a 2" water reserve in each bucket. That should create humidity down there not dry it out. JK

M

Malachi

I don't think you would experience Heat Stress from T-5's. Sounds like it could be a deficiency. Increased air to the root zone will allow your plants to absorb nutrients at a faster pace. Try to keep your PH between 5.5-5.8 in Veg. Also different strains handle nutes very differently. Are you running the same strain as last time? What are your PPM's and PH levels at? If you had some pictures it would help too.

Top Bottom