Bubbling buckets vs. Ebb & Flow buckets

• Thread starter Ganjaninja
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

Ganjaninja

Hey guys!
First post here, came and registered based on others' recommendations...

I am a medical patient in California that is allowed by country law to grow a max of 12 mature plats.
I've grown before, years ago, in a state that didn't have such evolved laws. That time was a small closet grow, this time I can devote a whole bedroom to the project. Since I am limited legaly only by plant number, I want EACH plant to grow as big as possible.

From all my research, I've come to the conclusion the best choice are either the E&F bucket system or the Bubbling Bucket system. Both of these I can 'design' myself based on the ample teks posted all over the interwebs...

The E&F system seems easier to maintain and probably less expensive...the one big reservoir bucket flooding and draining all 12 plant-pot-buckets is a fairly easy system compared to the BB system, in which every bucket needs a pump and a lot more individual maintenence (reservoir cleaning)...

My question is, ESPECIALLY to those who have done both or either of these systems, which one is more likely to work better production potential wise? Is the extra work, expense and hassle of the BB system going to pay off with a MUCH bigger harvest? Or just a little bigger? Or not really any bigger than the E&F system could produce?

I'd REALLY be curious to know your opinions...just for what it's worth, I plan to give these plants 2k watt HPS light and probly a few hundred more watts in high powered floros positioned to light up the sides and undersides of the plants at close range.

Thanks!

darkmatter

darkmatter

neither theres a never ending supply list you will need or think youll need. 2 lights 4ish a piece. couple floor fans. some containers 3,5,or bigger gallon.some kind of soil mix. bottle of nutes and get it.2 lights is tent territory.my bubblling buckets in the closet and my table is leaned against the wall.if a ten grand set up aint no thing then you da man.

G

Ganjaninja

Hmm, not really sure I understand about half the things you said lol...sorry no offense intended, just an unfamiliar writing style you use.
So the gist of it seems to be you don't think either is better?
Don't intend to spend 10 thousand bucks on the equipment, my limit is about 2 grand and it seems like that would be enough for 2x 1,000w bulbs with balasts, cool tube reflectors for better cooling, big-ass CFM fan and the hydro buckets of either sort along with floro lamps, circulation fans and all the small stuff...

S

SoCaler

I have been using 2 CAP Ebb n Gro systems, 1 veg, 1 flower for 10 months now and I like them a lot. I've had very few problems. Very simple to setup and use. I replaced the 2 Gal. pots with 3.5 gal. pots( 3.5 Gal. buckets ) and will add air stones to each pot.
I can probably answer most questions about this system if you have some.

:smiley_joint:

Top Bottom