Bud Back Building - Real Or Myth?

• Thread starter Phylex
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

what are your thought on bubba kush @SmithsJunk
i saw these seeds here and im a big bubba fan from some years ago i had some pre-98 bubba kush

I don't know Bubba Kush but that one is 25% SourD and 25% Jack Herer and that sounds good to me. I think I remember Justiceman grew some last summer outdoors, and maybe FarmerP. I know I saw at least one person on here growing it and it looked real nice. I've only done my outdoor for two seasons and tent for one. I haven't grown very many strains yet but I just got a bunch a new beans and I'm hoping to grow 12-17 strains this summer. At least 7-8. One of them is Jack Herer.

Ive grown Orange Creamsicle, Royal Nepal Kush (and both X'd with Chocolate Diesel), Banana Ice Cream, And Banana Crack. Looking forward to griwing a good variety this summer, and makin some Fem beans.

H

Hdinkleman

I don't know Bubba Kush but that one is 25% SourD and 25% Jack Herer and that sounds good to me. I think I remember Justiceman grew some last summer outdoors, and maybe FarmerP. I know I saw at least one person on here growing it and it looked real nice. I've only done my outdoor for two seasons and tent for one. I haven't grown very many strains yet but I just got a bunch a new beans and I'm hoping to grow 12-17 strains this summer. At least 7-8. One of them is Jack Herer.

Ive grown Orange Creamsicle, Royal Nepal Kush (and both X'd with Chocolate Diesel), Banana Ice Cream, And Banana Crack. Looking forward to griwing a good variety this summer, and makin some Fem beans.

soon as i get some extra money im getting some of those seeds they look niceeee

H

Hdinkleman

this is already proven, im on 4 forums and this one seems to be the least knowledgeable, real talk

same concept as box growing tomatos.
if you dont want to actually cut your bud you can fashion some type of very thin holes wire mesh to impede vertical bud growth and tge bud will then “squash” itself to the sides to continue growing.

anyone saying this is “bro” science needs to expand his/her knowledge past this particular site.

H

Hdinkleman

and i will upload pictures in a week or two, i back built a couple colas on my gg4 plant currently so i can show a comparison of colas that have been snipped and the ones that havent been

RippedTorn

RippedTorn

You can grow perpetual bud this way. Some people are just afraid.

Tesla sucks because I learnt how to work on a carburetor!

H

Hdinkleman

How does this technique grow perpetual bud?

i dont know what the method hes talking about is, but i know back building works.
my plants just had a push of growth over the last week and i can already see the difference on the two colas i snipped

also a fact. during my time in the black market, which i am not in anymore, i would see batches of flower with tips that were cut rather than pointed. now i know the growers were snipping the tops, because they look exactly like the tops of my colas that were back built.

try it on just one cola, see what happens bro

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

i dont know what the method hes talking about is, but i know back building works.
my plants just had a push of growth over the last week and i can already see the difference on the two colas i snipped

also a fact. during my time in the black market, which i am not in anymore, i would see batches of flower with tips that were cut rather than pointed. now i know the growers were snipping the tops, because they look exactly like the tops of my colas that were back built.

try it on just one cola, see what happens bro

Im sure it does something but i strive to let the plants express their own potential. Most I ever do to train is simply bend them so they fit my space. Maybe pinch and bend the tallest branches only if neccessary.

I just wanted to know how it grows perpetual bud. Lol.

H

Hdinkleman

Im sure it does something but i strive to let the plants express their own potential. Most I ever do to train is simply bend them so they fit my space. Maybe pinch and bend the tallest branches only if neccessary.

I just wanted to know how it grows perpetual bud. Lol.
i dont think it does lol.
yeah i did some mainline and i think normal plant grows better.
im on my second grow, my first i also mainlined.
i have a normal autoflower going in my veg area. no mainline no lst just topped.
im very pleased in how it grew and the speed it grew as compared to the mainline.
the back building does produce fatter thicker colas though, literally the amount you snip off is basically nothing, literally just the tip of the top calyx.
if i weighed it it isnt even half of a tenth of a gram.
i dont know if it produces more bud, per se, but the cola itself looks like a prize

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

i dont think it does lol.
yeah i did some mainline and i think normal plant grows better.
im on my second grow, my first i also mainlined.
i have a normal autoflower going in my veg area. no mainline no lst just topped.
im very pleased in how it grew and the speed it grew as compared to the mainline.
the back building does produce fatter thicker colas though, literally the amount you snip off is basically nothing, literally just the tip of the top calyx.
if i weighed it it isnt even half of a tenth of a gram.
i dont know if it produces more bud, per se, but the cola itself looks like a prize

Thats the thing. It likely doesnt produce more bud. Just redistributes it. It doesnt expose the flowers to more light or anything. It seems like topping basically.

I like super cropping (pinch and bend) branches that are tall and get them to grow all along the now exposed branch horizontally. That can increase bud size and quantity.

I grow a plant at a time staggered about a week or two and harvest about the same perpetually for about 5 years. I have experimented with cuts. Usually 3 different strains run at least 3 times. I compared different hid lighting, nutes, and different topping and training.

I have found for me and my goals i get the most and best flowers letting veg grow with no training and a good dry cycle to let the roots really fill each pot before transplant.

And I have low ceilings and cant go higher in wattage bulbs so i do bend most plants to keep them under 30” over the pot.

I would say that costs me a week in flower. As a hobby I can see playing with the plants. I wish the hype was less about everything but its like that on guitar forums and every other hobby.

Every technique has pros and cons. But every one of them costs time and electricity.

Im way to high to keep babbling so for wveryones sake i will shut up. But i hope there was some reasoning gained from this way too long post.

:)

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
its all over a different forum, this site is one of the worst for new techniques, buncha old timers set intheir ways still running hps and being extremely closed minded.
um try googleing bud backbuilding im not going to waste my time posting the link for you

Whoa, Whoa whoa... Sounding kinda bitter there man. And I personally take offense to that hps comment. lol, jk. But really though, I do love my hps. And while I'm at it; get off my lawn...

There may be a lot of old timers here with literally decades of growing experience, true, but this site has a certain level of class and I like that about it. And I dont really see a shortage of new methods being used.

H

Hdinkleman

Whoa, Whoa whoa... Sounding kinda bitter there man. And I personally take offense to that hps comment. lol, jk. But really though, I do love my hps. And while I'm at it; get off my lawn...

There may be a lot of old timers here with literally decades of growing experience, true, but this site has a certain level of class and I like that about it. And I dont really see a shortage of new methods being used.

it works doesnt neccasarily increase yields that i know of
what are you even talking about
i didnt say anything about an hps, how you interpret bitter must be something in your delusional head

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
it works doesnt neccasarily increase yields that i know of
what are you even talking about
i didnt say anything about an hps, how you interpret bitter must be something in your delusional head

Lol, you're delusional. And you did slag hps, as per your quote in my post. Regardless, I was kidding about that part anyway, I couldnt care any less what you think about hps. Must have gone over your head. It's easy to miss little things when you're angry.

roach

roach

I love it when growers with 1 or 2 grows under their belt comes in and trashes everyone, pretending to an expert because they read something on the internet.
After some more grows you might realize that not 2 plants react the same.

Ina

Ina

May be Mimedgrower is right that it just changes the shape of the bud,not the amount......Untopped bud could just grow taller?:)Is this method changing something in the amount generally?I def see the difference in the shape,topped buds are obviously more rounded.I think if you top the bud you top the hole branch?may be the other buds on the same branch also responded,get fatter or something?Also would you try that on auto,looks really light topping,could be helpful in some way?

H

Hdinkleman

youre delusional
this is my last outdoors
youre
real funny dirtbag

58691E41 9115 49C3 9BFB AB7574066141

• Wow
Reactions: Ina
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
youre delusional
this is my last outdoors
youre
real funny dirtbag

View attachment 867328
What the f**k is your problem? You post shit calling the group a bunch of old timers stuck in our ways. Called me delusional for literally replying directly to your quote, denied saying things I literally quoted... You've come across as an angry person who is lashing out at anyone who questions your ideas.

Grow up.

H

Hdinkleman

What the f**k is your problem? You post shit calling the group a bunch of old timers stuck in our ways. Called me delusional for literally replying directly to your quote, denied saying things I literally quoted... You've come across as an angry person who is lashing out at anyone who questions your ideas.

Grow up.

i am grown up thats me in the picture little man
you are the only angry one my lil friend

Latest posts

Top Bottom