Bud Candy vs. Bud Factor X

• Thread starter Gandalf
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

Mmmmasonite

you do know there is stuff cheaper than AN and stuff cheaper than miracle grow that works great right?
Advanced is like a Honda they told you is a ferrari with a bunch of ferrari hood ornaments. Advanced doesnt deserve to be in business. One day they will get whats coming to them

Masta.....I thought u liked AN? Am I trippin? I like em....Nirvana? Das purty good man u gotta admit...I just think that if you know what's in their products and when to run them....That they have some pretty good clean running products....I mean ..i don't believe the whole ppm, ph perfect if you use 20 of their products crap but.....well ...like for example.....AN says only use Nirvana weeks 3 through 6 of flower.....But if u know that it contains kelp, vitamins, humic acid ect....then you know it can be run through veg and flower. I think this is an essential part of a recipe.......It is similar to other bio catalysts like liquid karma or ..floralicious plus..or...algen extract...all great products and all relative in price...but I think Nirvana is the best and cleanest running in the rez. Big Bud is my favorite mid bloom enhancer comparable in quality and price with Kool Bloom 0-10-10, hydroplex, or Beastie blooms....I just liked how it made the buds shape better....Serious....that's what it did to my strains....Made the size, shape, and density better...... I don't think that you should fall into their whole scheme of the"perfect" package but I do think that some of their products work well in combo with other nute regimens.....Just my opinion...Peace

M

makeitstink

Why not read what is in bud candy and you might catch on to the idea that it among others put molasses in all of them .

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

i like advanced, just waaaay overpriced
big bud and bud candy are a couple of my favorites
and then they throw products out there that make me want to bash my head in (bud factor x and wet betty)

Kygiacomo

Kygiacomo

For what it is worth, Bud Candy and Carbo load, do not mix with Bud Factor X.

What you end up with are stringy blobs, resembling brown algae...because of the dark base
u mean mixing them together and feeding at the same time? can u use lets say bud candy on monday and then use bud x on friday and not get the brown algae look? ty

ken dog

ken dog

u mean mixing them together and feeding at the same time? can u use lets say bud candy on monday and then use bud x on friday and not get the brown algae look? ty

Yes, just don't mix them together in the same container before adding them to your reservoir... and don't put them together in your top off reservoir if you use one.

And if you do add anything directly to your reservoir, just make sure you add them at different times, and well diluted when you add them.

Kygiacomo

Kygiacomo

oh ok thanks Ken dog. i grow outdoors in the ground so no reservoir to deal with but i will still make sure to use them at different times and never mix them together in the same 1 gallon of water. thanks for the heads up bro

ken dog

ken dog

No problem... It's one of the things they don't tell you when you buy the nutes.

I found out the hard way, and mixed them together in my top off reservoir which holds about 25 gallons... I had to dump the whole thing and re-dose it...bummer.

Kygiacomo

Kygiacomo

No problem... It's one of the things they don't tell you when you buy the nutes.

I found out the hard way, and mixed them together in my top off reservoir which holds about 25 gallons... I had to dump the whole thing and re-dose it...bummer.
yes no doubt! one thing that the internet canna fourm has done to my growing game is take it to alot higher quality product compared to what i was doing before i ever got online looking for solutions. we all benefit from others failures and mistakes. i just think what it was like in the 1980s growing where all the trial and error had to be learned from a very costly mistake.

Panacea79

Panacea79

Hello folks,

Anyone with experience with any of the two (or even both)?
I'm considering of buying either one, and cant decide on what to go.

In 2 weeks my Romulans will enter flowering and I thought of adding such supplement. Any words of wisdom will be appreciated.

BTW - is FoxFarm's "Tiger Bloom" in the same category as these?

G.
If I had to choose, and I've used BOTH OF THESE PRODUCTS as well as FF tiger bloom, I'd go with But d Factor X all day and just use molasses or maybe CarboLoad for some sugar enzymes for the plant to break down for energy.
Also, I'd go easy on the Bud Candy. IF you do decide to use I'd suggest only giving it at maybe half strength and/or only every OTHER water/feeding AND maybe stopping it altogether like 3 weeks from harvest and let the plant break the accumulation of it, as well as the other nutes, by itself and do a plain water flush or something....I say this because I used it on at least 3 different grows with three different strains and I truly believe that it made them all sort of taste/smell VERY similar. If I'm growing, say, OG Kush and then some Blue Diesel I'd like to taste and smell the distinct qualities that EACH ONE offers and I feel like the bud candy just kind of 'masked' it...not necessarily bad but what's the point of growing different strains if they're all gonna smoke the same. Just my 2 cents....

Panacea79

Panacea79

bud candy is a sweetner
big bud is a bloom enhancer
bud factor x is a bloom stimulator i beleive
BUD FACTOR is a trichs me/resin enhancer. The 'secret ingredient' in it is actually a pesticide that was/is used by arborists on trees to protect it from a certain bug, disease or blight but is, as far as I know, harmless to cannabis. How it works is they would apply it via foliar spray (I think) to the infected tree or trees. Then it would cause the tree to produce extra sap that would ooze out thru the bark and protect the tree AND catch any bugs that were on it. So when you use Bud Factor X you're basically 'tricking' your plant into thinking it's under attack so it responds like the TREE WOULD but, in kind, therefore the cannabis plant, who's sap is ITS RESIN, and vice versa, would basically go into overdrive giving you increased trichs me and resin production....YouTube it! There's a guy from some grow shop/nursery who explains the whole thing.

Top Bottom