Bud Cloning Success?

• Thread starter Samoan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Samoan

Samoan

Anyone having any succes cloning 7-8 week buds? Soaked cuttings in og bio-war and dipped in clone gel.
Straight into re-used coco. I put some bags on them and put them under the t5. It has been a few days now, However I'm guessing this may take longer than younger cuttings? Should I Do it diffrently?

Bud cloning success
Bud cloning success 2
Bud cloning success 3
Bud cloning success 4
Samoan

Samoan

Let the seed dry out properly before u pop it though,germ rates are better when there dried!.ur cut should root ok can take a little longer tho and it will grow a bit funky but soon grows out of it.good luck!.76

Wish I Knew that yesterday, I put it right into a wet nap in a bag. For future reference, How would you dry a fresh seed? Ok, I'll let the cuts do there thing. Learn something new appreciated Much Mahalos

xenon730

xenon730

Wish I Knew that yesterday, I put it right into a wet nap in a bag. For future reference, How would you dry a fresh seed? Ok, I'll let the cuts do there thing. Learn something new appreciated Much Mahalos
don't worry that's not really true. Ive never had lower germ rates with fresh seeds and am positive i read that's a myth from either ed or jorge recently. they may not travel as well though, they're easier to squish for sure lol.

when i dry them i usually just leave them on a plate in my curing room or in a paper bag on my counter. but even if you just leave them in a container, pill bottle in my case, they dry out themselves over a couple weeks to a month.

william76

william76

It may still pop but its best 2 wait a few weeks.some strains u wont have a problem with,others need a few weeks.once dried u should nearly get a hundred percent germ rate!,76

william76

william76

don't worry that's not really true. Ive never had lower germ rates with fresh seeds and am positive i read that's a myth from either ed or jorge recently. they may not travel as well though, they're easier to squish for sure lol.

when i dry them i usually just leave them on a plate in my curing room or in a paper bag on my counter. but even if you just leave them in a container, pill bottle in my case, they dry out themselves over a couple weeks to a month.
Yea,thats wot i mean,wait a few weeks.76

xenon730

xenon730

Yea,thats wot i mean,wait a few weeks.76
I've popped hundreds of both and seen no difference.

here's Ed Rosenthal's opinion:

it's an old video but it's in one of his newer books also i just wasnt going to find it lol. he has said that he's never experienced it but maybe some strains germinate less fresh but i have a feeling he's just avoiding conflict.

Last edited:
Samoan

Samoan

Thank You @xenon730 and @william76
I guess if I have the patience I will let any seeds properly dry with some fresh room temperature air for around a week and a half prior to attempting germination.

Which brings me to my next question...
I have always been told to germinate in a wet nap in a plastic bag, it has always worked for me, but I am curious how others might do it, is there any Optimal way of getting the best possible start?
or
maybe for some methods of growing it's easier to germinate differently, say directly in a medium in a container?

william76

william76

I know lots of peeps that dry there seeds too,iv tested it as well on plenty seeds,and thats what i found,better germ rate on the seeds a month dried than fresh,76

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

All good breeders dry theyr seeds.goes without saying.im not saying they won't pop wen fresh out a calyx but for storing purposes seeds should be dried.i by passed the drying part wen I made some f2 chocolope and put em straight into a small plastic pill bottle from Calu and closed the lid.wen I opened em again the seeds had become a big clump of mould

I

Impatmalone

Anyone having any succes cloning 7-8 week buds? Soaked cuttings in og bio-war and dipped in clone gel.
Straight into re-used coco. I put some bags on them and put them under the t5. It has been a few days now, However I'm guessing this may take longer than younger cuttings? Should I Do it diffrently?
I just had the same problem. Strain was really good so i actually re vegged it. Left aBout10 to 15% on the plabnt 24 hour light cycle for a week boom! Swithched back to 18/6 and took as many clones as you want plus youve got a fully rooted plant that can flower again

Samoan

Samoan

I just had the same problem. Strain was really good so i actually re vegged it. Left aBout10 to 15% on the plabnt 24 hour light cycle for a week boom! Swithched back to 18/6 and took as many clones as you want plus youve got a fully rooted plant that can flower again
Nice! Was thinking about trying that out, especially if these cuts don't seem to work out...def. going to try out the re-veg

Samoan

Samoan

All good breeders dry theyr seeds.goes without saying.im not saying they won't pop wen fresh out a calyx but for storing purposes seeds should be dried.i by passed the drying part wen I made some f2 chocolope and put em straight into a small plastic pill bottle from Calu and closed the lid.wen I opened em again the seeds had become a big clump of mould
Thanks you for sharing this, so now when I need to store any seeds that I have harvested, I will properly dry them for a month prior to storing them in a container for any period of time, -as to achieve success in germination and avoid possible mould issues

Organikz

Organikz

You could also leave a few lower buds at harvest and spray with colloidal silver. This will make feminized seeds. It stresses the plant and makes it pop nanners which make the plant pollinate itself.

Last edited:
william76

william76

You could also leave a few lower buds at harvest and spray with colloidal silver. This will make feminized seeds. It stresses the plant and makes it pop nanners which make the plant pollinate itself.
Easier just taking an extra clone to begin with and spraying that.also reveging the plant is another good way of saving the plant.u leave some foliage on the bottom and switch back to veg nutes and 18/6 light,once normal growth resumes then u can clone it.76

Top Bottom