Bud density

• Thread starter dreamgreen
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Wolfe

Wolfe

I’ve got an indoor room with 6000 watts and co2. And an outdoor spot. You can’t get the same cannabinoids you can from the indoor that you can from the sun from what I’ve researched and had over the years. And the plants are tiny in comparison. Also you don’t have to pay for the lighting. The stuff from outside gives me a different stone and I agree it’s often more complex. Personally I enjoy the high more. I can obviously grow some dank ass indoor weed too. Indoor or outdoor both can grow fire. So I think the bottom line is strain selection and ample amount of lighting and good nutrient regiment.

E8353103 8FB0 4E89 911B 43C59E94F4C1
B3689579 E08B 4912 BC56 70BF48FB2487
Last edited:
Cannabizz

Cannabizz

I guess it depends on how good a summer you get, I once grew an Airborne G13 outside, had it in a pot and took it in every night to force into bloom, the difference between that and the same clone grown indoors was huge.

Absolutely, if it's perfect weather and temps, all is going to go well maybe even extraordinary. When the weather starts acting up and the temps fluctuate as well as pests and fungus, there is so much that could affect the outdoor experience. It depends on how much time you have to be a farmer honestly. If you go to work and leave the plants at home for 8-12 hours. You don't have the ability to correct issues as they may come up. This is probably why people go into the West USA mountains and just camp out for months until the grow is complete. Stupid things can happen like the wind blows over the plant into a puddle of water and then the sun comes out and starts baking and next thing you know you check your Ring doorbell camera situated on the grow and find out you are in turmoil but what can you do from the other side of town?

dreamgreen

dreamgreen

I’ve got an indoor room with 6000 watts and co2. And an outdoor spot. You can’t get the same cannabinoids you can from the indoor that you can from the sun from what I’ve researched and had over the years. And the plants are tiny in comparison. Also you don’t have to pay for the lighting. The stuff from outside gives me a different stone and I agree it’s often more complex. Personally I enjoy the high more. I can obviously grow some dank ass indoor weed too. Indoor or outdoor both can grow fire. So I think the bottom line is strain selection and ample amount of lighting and good nutrient regiment.
6000 watts, dayum! How many sq ft are you covering?

Wolfe

Wolfe

6000 watts, dayum! How many sq ft are you covering?
around 200 sqft. Not being used right now. I had it going year round for many years. Ended up not being worth the electric bill in the end here in Colorado. I may sell all that gear and switch to something else or who knows maybe I’ll use part of it again. Kinda a shame but way she goes. Paid itself off and then some. . I have a t5 starting and veg room also. That I don’t keep stuff too long in. It’s small all sitting under the t5.
Absolutely, if it's perfect weather and temps, all is going to go well maybe even extraordinary. When the weather starts acting up and the temps fluctuate as well as pests and fungus, there is so much that could affect the outdoor experience. It depends on how much time you have to be a farmer honestly. If you go to work and leave the plants at home for 8-12 hours. You don't have the ability to correct issues as they may come up. This is probably why people go into the West USA mountains and just camp out for months until the grow is complete. Stupid things can happen like the wind blows over the plant into a puddle of water and then the sun comes out and starts baking and next thing you know you check your Ring doorbell camera situated on the grow and find out you are in turmoil but what can you do from the other side of town?
I’ve been growing fine through hail and Colorado weather for the last 7 years. Just have to take what weather you can get and prepare the best you can. Haven’t really had a year where I had poor quality smoke from outside. Then again I have 24 plants to work with so there’s that also. I’ve had some duds and some winners. Mostly winners luckily...

Mr.Juice

Mr.Juice

Same seeds, age, light, watering schedule, nutrients, env conditions etc. Two completely different buds

Only thing different between these two are the genetics

Cannabizz

Cannabizz

around 200 sqft. Not being used right now. I had it going year round for many years. Ended up not being worth the electric bill in the end here in Colorado. I may sell all that gear and switch to something else or who knows maybe I’ll use part of it again. Kinda a shame but way she goes. Paid itself off and then some. . I have a t5 starting and veg room also. That I don’t keep stuff too long in. It’s small all sitting under the t5.

I’ve been growing fine through hail and Colorado weather for the last 7 years. Just have to take what weather you can get and prepare the best you can. Haven’t really had a year where I had poor quality smoke from outside. Then again I have 24 plants to work with so there’s that also. I’ve had some duds and some winners. Mostly winners luckily...

Thats awesome Wolfe, I would love that. I tried for 4 but got a male so I am harvesting three in a couple of weeks.

OldManRiver

OldManRiver

Indoor vs outdoor possible strength depends on latitude/elevation. The UV necessary to trigger top trichome and resin production requires that. I love growing outdoors, but the absolute best bud can only be grown indoors at my latitude and elevation (46*/50 feet above sea level. Yes, five zero. There is a study referenced in another thread I posted, that found that the UV level at tropical latitudes and high altitudes had a major effect on THC production. Like 30%. Where I live, that ain't happening. To get 28-30%, you need UVB stimulation, and that means indoors here. If you live in LA, however, outdoor weed is going to get that UV, and equal what you can do indoors with UVB addition. If you want the reference see my thread labeled "the Single Best Thing I ever..." and watch the video in the first post. Fascinating shit.

That said, I can smoke my shitty old 20-22% outdoor weed all day, just fine. In the old days, this would have been the shit, now it's mediocre. Go figure.

Wolfe

Wolfe

Must be getting that UV up in Denver... I know I’ve bought weed that was around 30% here and I’ve seen my outdoor look that good. And it was for sure stronger. Last summers outdoor s1 gg4 x gg4 below...

EDA76F16 3595 4EBF BBCE 032132B2C8C1
OldManRiver

OldManRiver

Must be getting that UV up in Denver... I know I’ve bought weed that was around 30% here and I’ve seen my outdoor look that good. And it was for sure stronger. Last summers outdoor s1 gg4 x gg4 below...
Like I said, elevation. And you're lower in latitude then me. You're absolutely getting more UV there at 5200 feet.

Latest posts

Top Bottom