Bud Density

• Thread starter McLeafy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

kansabis

Light amount and intensity but I also believe genetics plays a big role in bud structure and density. Indicas tend to be denser than sativas generally but not always.

M

McLeafy

Light amount and intensity but I also believe genetics plays a big role in bud structure and density. Indicas tend to be denser than sativas generally but not always.
I grow mainly Sativa and I was trying to get more bud density

K

kansabis

Well you can still get dense nugs with sativas. What kinda lights and medium are you using? Do you do any training or scrog? I don't believe nutes or boosters will help much unless your plants are actually in need of them. Trying to pump them full of stuff they don't need or can't use will more than likely result in other problems than bud density.

M

McLeafy

Well you can still get dense nugs with sativas. What kinda lights and medium are you using? Do you do any training or scrog? I don't believe nutes or boosters will help much unless your plants are actually in need of them. Trying to pump them full of stuff they don't need or can't use will more than likely result in other problems than bud density.
I was using LED(probably the problem) now I switched to 5 600w HID, 1 400w HID and 2 1000w HID. I do lst and scrog depending on the strain.

K

kansabis

You can get density from led,I only run 2 vero29s at around 100watts total but I'm only in a small tent but I do get dense buds,with that much light you should get some rock solid giants lol

H

heisen

less nitrogen and cooler temps will make buds dense.If you warm up the grow area by a couple degrees you can start to see the buds stretch out.giving them a nitrogen boost will also cause them to stretch and make stringy buds.
Genetics will also play a role.Some phenos will just have airy stringy buds no matter what

H

heisen

I also know this to be fact because i converted an anolog AC into a programmable wall mounted theromostat.IT WAS A PAIN IN THE ASS to figure out.I had to use relays and door bell transformer and some other shit but i nailed it down and could keep my room at any temp i wanted programmed 4 times a day.Lights out i could program a 10 degree drop.It single handedly was the best fukin thing i ever did for my grows.
Anyway i upped my temp by 2 degrees for a few days and immediately notices a quick spurt in stretchy growth.It was crazy.My plants grow so fast it was very noticeble.I have 8 thermometers placed everywhere and circulation is top priority around my grow rooms.everything is in sync to the right temps.
Warmer day temps at canopy will stretch and air out buds.You will notice airy buds in hot spots also under your lights.

Latest posts

Top Bottom