bud eating green caterpillars

• Thread starter bicycle racer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
justiceman

justiceman

These guys are like the plague. I had my first outdoor harvest last year, and they probably destroyed a good 1/3 to 1/2 of my crop;( It was sad experience. I battled them everyday by manually picking them off with tweezers. I didn't want to spray anything as I got them when I was about 5 weeks into flower. Probably the worst time to get pests. I was scared whether I was going to be able to harvest at all. I did come out with a decent yield though, even with the loss.

Practically had nightmares about them. They are so brutal. Burrowing into my buds, and eating them from the inside out while leaving feces behind as well. Damn it all.

J

Joetattoo215

On a serious note have u tried praying mantis eggs. You can get them at Home Depot. most will take off once hatched but a few should keep the worms at bay.

J

Joetattoo215

found this on google
Amazing Caterpillar Parasites (Trichogramma species) control over 200 species of Caterpillars, making them the most popular bio-control in the world. They're so tiny (1/50 of an inch from wingtip to wingtip) you probably won't even see them. They work by laying their eggs inside moth or butterfly eggs so that, instead of a new generation of caterpillars, another parasite generation hatches out and goes on to repeat the cycle.

U

Urquel

This sounds weird but I find hand picking the mo foes off works best, we had them on a 99 plant outdoor grow on the klamath and after years of spray old joe said to hand pick. He fed his plants more chemicals than I have ever seen so it was strange he recommended hand picking. Good luck with the spray though as I would have tendency to do the same

B

blowin

most white pistils still clones were put in june
only thing to clean buds of caterpillar and those black dots, would be early spray of water...? no spraying BT. at all???
need help

Camdawg

Camdawg

i think everyone i talk to in so-cal got cat-a-shitters this year fallowed by the moldy aftermath....lamesauce

crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
Two letters to solve the problem, BT. That stuff works miracles! Try it. It says on the package that you can use it up to the day of harvest but I'm not sure I would do that myself.

Top Bottom