Bud Goodman's Perpetual Thread of Perpetually Good Buds, Man.

• Thread starter BudGoodman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
Nice... No sense muddying the waters over there.
Welcome. 🤠

Yes... Well, for the bugs.
I brought plants inside that were started out... And they brought tag alongs.
Not to mention, it's just not feasible, being on a farm, keeping pests from coming in on me as well.

That's AWESOME!
Wish I would not have slept on the Durban... You should do an open pollination with that one.😉

Well anytime you get a bunch of growers talking politics, capitalism, and shit the majority of them know nothing about... Anyway was just trying to head that ine off at the pass. The last time some thing like surfaced here I got banned for 2 weeks :)))) Awesome grow man! Wish I had seen your work earlier.

BudGoodman

BudGoodman

Supporter
Well anytime you get a bunch of growers talking politics, capitalism, and shit the majority of them know nothing about... Anyway was just trying to head that ine off at the pass. The last time some thing like surfaced here I got banned for 2 weeks :)))) Awesome grow man! Wish I had seen your work earlier.
Thank you... I appreciate that.

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
Yeah i stopped counting in veg. For flower it's nice to keep track though.

I used to diary all of my stuff in paper calendar journals, like day planners? My wife pointed out how much time I was spending on my online diaries (GD) and stuff. And she's right. Waaaaaaaaaaay too much.

The level of detail available on some strains by other growers on there is invaluable though.

Wish I could do this full time lol! Maybe one day....

Hortulanus

Hortulanus

Yeah i stopped counting in veg. For flower it's nice to keep track though.
I used to diary all of my stuff in paper calendar journals, like day planners? My wife pointed out how much time I was spending on my online diaries (GD) and stuff. And she's right. Waaaaaaaaaaay too much.

The level of detail available on some strains by other growers on there is invaluable though.

Wish I could do this full time lol! Maybe one day....

i count the days because each day is all I have until the next one. Plus I keep daily notes so that helps.

BudGoodman

BudGoodman

Supporter
Beautiful work! Question. Why does everyone pay so close attention to the days on the plants?
Because keeping track of the hours seemed to be overkill.
i count the days because each day is all I have until the next one. Plus I keep daily notes so that helps.
View attachment 1064876
Nice!... My notes aren't that detailed, but I keep a notebook next to the rooms. Really just for sharing the info here though... In the past, a piece of tape with the day flowering started, and the estimated harvest date, stuck to the door was more than enough.
When I book for vacations, it revolves around the grow. Usually months in advance.
What is this thing? Vacation?... Do tell.

beluga

beluga

I know my wife likes a gift on March 20th. I don't get her a gift on March 21st, I get her a gift on March 19th. She's happy and I get rewarded for it.
Recordkeeping.

If I know days 19, 28, 31, 43, and 57 of flower are where my plant bulks up a whole lot; I then know I should feed her a lot on days 18, 27, 30, 42, and 56. She's happy and I get rewarded for it.
Recordkeeping.

Recordkeeping makes everything that much more thorough and optimal. And you get rewarded for it.

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
I know my wife likes a gift on March 20th. I don't get her a gift on March 21st, I get her a gift on March 19th. She's happy and I get rewarded for it.
Recordkeeping.

If I know days 19, 28, 31, 43, and 57 of flower are where my plant bulks up a whole lot; I then know I should feed her a lot on days 18, 27, 30, 42, and 56. She's happy and I get rewarded for it.
Recordkeeping.

Recordkeeping makes everything that much more thorough and optimal. And you get rewarded for it.

See? My life is a lot more basic.

My wife likes gifts... always. If she could have an Amazon box to open up that she didn't order every day of her life, she would be the happiest woman on the planet.

I guess I'll go back to the paper stuff again. Seems a lot less tedious than take a pic, write a novel, upload, talk about it.

beluga

beluga

I take joy in the small aspects of it all.
The smooth, steady motion of the zipper when I open my tent - the nice natural 3500K light that bursts through as I break that seal.
Setting up my tripod's feet on the little pieces of tape I've had on the floor for a while; all the screws and levers and adjustments on that tripod - the way the grooves feel on my fingers.
Mounting my camera on a specific plane and aligning it as best as I can to match the previous day's alignment.
Getting everything in focus; setting my camera's parameters; and, finally, smashing that shutter-release.. waiting 5 seconds (as I count them methodically and on-time) and catching a minute euphoria from the clicking and clacking of the camera's shutter...

And that's all before I even fondle and sniff my buds...

Reporting it to you guys is just a way to contemplate my experience and further appreciate what just happened to me... every single day.

Flipping to flower; changing a feeding schedule; adding a new light.... that stuff becomes these paramount events that you draw deep gratification from and appreciate what it is to be a record-keeping, plant-fostering, image-capturing, word-crafting human.
Honing skills is some of the great magic that we cast. Words and numbers are the spells that impress those skills on time itself for your (and others) ready use at any given point.

BudGoodman

BudGoodman

Supporter
I take joy in the small aspects of it all.
The smooth, steady motion of the zipper when I open my tent - the nice natural 3500K light that bursts through as I break that seal.
Setting up my tripod's feet on the little pieces of tape I've had on the floor for a while; all the screws and levers and adjustments on that tripod - the way the grooves feel on my fingers.
Mounting my camera on a specific plane and aligning it as best as I can to match the previous day's alignment.
Getting everything in focus; setting my camera's parameters; and, finally, smashing that shutter-release.. waiting 5 seconds (as I count them methodically and on-time) and catching a minute euphoria from the clicking and clacking of the camera's shutter...

And that's all before I even fondle and sniff my buds...

Reporting it to you guys is just a way to contemplate my experience and further appreciate what just happened to me... every single day.

Flipping to flower; changing a feeding schedule; adding a new light.... that stuff becomes these paramount events that you draw deep gratification from and appreciate what it is to be a record-keeping, plant-fostering, image-capturing, word-crafting human.
Honing skills is some of the great magic that we cast. Words and numbers are the spells that impress those skills on time itself for your (and others) ready use at any given point.

You'd be really good at building and setting up superbikes... Don't do it.😎 🤘

Top Bottom