Bud Goodman's Perpetual Thread of Perpetually Good Buds, Man.

• Thread starter BudGoodman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BudGoodman

BudGoodman

Supporter
Same plant... Different branch.
IMG 20220430 170002 996
IMG 20220430 170003 336
IMG 20220430 170003 343

💚🌱✂️

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Yes; slightly. I think what you have also an N excess... Of some origin. I see signs of high vegetation in that plant; which is common trait accompanying fox-tailing; and it seems to be in early stages. Note how the hairs are just starting to coalesce; tangle...

Looks like excessive sugar leafing with distinctly bent tips. It's certainly speculative and mild; but I see it.

Slight Sulfur (S) deficiency. This seems to be a common issue (for me) during the (flip)???

Strange; my thoughts on this is that each cultivar has various optimum "nutrient" ratios; at various developmental milestones; and they play out a little differently each grow cycle. Especially with regards to the specific "cuts" of historical cultivars you mention.

Variegation

Nutrient deficiency symptoms may cause a temporary or variable yellowing in specific zones on the leaf. Iron and magnesium deficiencies are common causes of this.
Transposable elements can cause colour variegation. (Which is what I see in that plant; or perhaps possibly; something more sinister)

Pathological Virus infections (aka sinister) may cause patterning to appear on the leaf surface. The patterning is often characteristic of the infection. At first, diseased plants were propagated and grown for their mottled foliage

Pigmentary cause of variegation is the masking of green pigment by other pigments, such as anthocyanins. This often extends to the whole leaf, causing it to be reddish or purplish. On some plants however, consistent zonal markings occur

Chimera variegation is due to the presence of two kinds of plant tissue, propagating the plant must be by a vegetative method of propagation that preserves both types of tissue in relation to each other.

Rare Chimera Variegation seen at the Pedro's Taco stand near my apartment.

It has been suggested that some patterns of leaf variegation may be part of a defensive "masquerade strategy." In this, leaf variegation may appear to a leaf mining insect that the leaf is already infested, and this may reduce parasitization of the leaf by leaf miners. This is a district possibility also in this case.

In August 2020 a variegated Rhaphidophora tetrasperma plant sold at auction for US$5,300. In June 2021 another variegated Rhaphidophora tetrasperma plant sold at auction for US$19,000.

Last edited:
Johnlandy420

Johnlandy420

Supporter
Yes; slightly. I think what you have also an N excess... Of some origin. I see signs of high vegetation in that plant; which is common trait accompanying fox-tailing; and it seems to be in early stages. Note how the hairs are just starting to coalesce; tangle...

Looks like excessive sugar leafing with distinctly bent tips. It's certainly speculative and mild; but I see it.

Slight Sulfur (S) deficiency. This seems to be a common issue (for me) during the (flip)???

Strange; my thoughts on this is that each cultivar has various optimum "nutrient" ratios; at various developmental milestones; and they play out a little differently each grow cycle. Especially with regards to the specific "cuts" of historical cultivars you mention.

Variegation

Nutrient deficiency symptoms may cause a temporary or variable yellowing in specific zones on the leaf. Iron and magnesium deficiencies are common causes of this.
Transposable elements can cause colour variegation. (Which is what I see in that plant; or perhaps possibly; something more sinister)

Pathological Virus infections (aka sinister) may cause patterning to appear on the leaf surface. The patterning is often characteristic of the infection. At first, diseased plants were propagated and grown for their mottled foliage

Pigmentary cause of variegation is the masking of green pigment by other pigments, such as anthocyanins. This often extends to the whole leaf, causing it to be reddish or purplish. On some plants however, consistent zonal markings occur

Chimera variegation is due to the presence of two kinds of plant tissue, propagating the plant must be by a vegetative method of propagation that preserves both types of tissue in relation to each other.

Rare Chimera Variegation seen at the Taco stand near my apartment.
View attachment 1240827

It has been suggested that some patterns of leaf variegation may be part of a defensive "masquerade strategy." In this, leaf variegation may appear to a leaf mining insect that the leaf is already infested, and this may reduce parasitization of the leaf by leaf miners. This is a district possibility also in this case.

In August 2020 a variegated Rhaphidophora tetrasperma plant sold at auction for US$5,300. In June 2021 another variegated Rhaphidophora tetrasperma plant sold at auction for US$19,000.
Ur a jerk Frank. I’m still new bro

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
🤗 Appreciate feedback! I’m a blended hydro guy so I gotta adjust my feed!
It could be simply lights up a tad too close; and/or too much heat. I would start with one of those first.

Some of my past foxtails.... It all smokes.
IMG 20210813 225414

IMG 20210817 160933

and a shitload of Purple Punch...🤟 finally into the bin. Smells great.

PXL 20220430 175441227 1

Last edited:
Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Tryna redline my ladies and I definitely pushed those too much. I’m an arrogant one and I was sure I found a neat hack for CO2 supplementation but apparently not good enough.
Yea; I like to push things along also (especially in veg) I can be accused of the same. One thing I've noticed with plants these days... I see plants more as a bullseye... more so than a vault. I still aim high; but only a tad...

Doesn't matter if were talking about light, heat, nutrients.... whatever.

Pole vault

Pole vaulting can be sexy I suppose... However, shooting arrows in the center one right after another; is what I want to do these days.

Target audience a

Latest posts

Top Bottom