Bud Goodman's Perpetual Thread of Perpetually Good Buds, Man.

• Thread starter BudGoodman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Still rocking the backup phone with the shitty camera.
View attachment 1101659View attachment 1101658
So many beautiful strains to catalog, but after all that hard work is only half the battle, the other half is getting it showcased accurately, as you see it. I think some of these cameras have a difficult time distinguishing the full spectrum of colors, and the processing algorithm that bring in focus and show lend depth to the picture. My Pixel did that very well.

The best phone I've found so far, especially for macro is the google pixel that I had, (my screen went out, I need to fix it) but anything from the 1-5 series takes excellent photos, far better than any of the iphone's and motorola's I'm currently using.

They might not be as good as some of the newer camera phones with multiple camera array's out there for $1000+, but they are close, and can be had for around $100, sometimes lower, on ebay.

Macro
Last edited:
BudGoodman

BudGoodman

Supporter
Is this a wardrobe/hanging closet? Brilliant....

Small tent... It was like $50.
4"exhaust fan and filter, and a 6"axial on the bottom of the rack blowing up.
Works pretty good.🤘

So many beautiful strains to catalog, but after all that hard work is only half the battle, the other half is getting it showcased accurately, as you see it. I think some of these cameras have a difficult time distinguishing the full spectrum of colors, and the processing algorithm that bring in focus and show lend depth to the picture. My Pixel did that very well.

The best phone I've found so far, especially for macro is the google pixel that I had, (my screen went out, I need to fix it) but anything from the 1-5 series takes excellent photos, far better than any of the iphone's and motorola's I'm currently using.

They might not be as good as some of the newer camera phones with multiple camera array's out there for $1000+, but they are close, and can be had for around $100, sometimes lower, on ebay.

Yea... I may just have to get a new phone... Never really gave a shit about the camera before... But...

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Small tent... It was like $50.
4"exhaust fan and filter, and a 6"axial on the bottom of the rack blowing up.
Works pretty good.🤘

Yea... I may just have to get a new phone... Never really gave a shit about the camera before... But...
Yea, me too, actually. The camera's though have kinda grown on me a bit since I started taking pictures. I've always been into tech, but the phones always seemed too much, for what your getting back. I wouldn't recommed taking the plunge on a new model, but anything nice in the $300 range and below is going to be quite solid and have more than you need, and you can still get them unused, if that's important. I think the pixel 2's and 3's can be had for less than $100, if you look around, and their so much ahead the rest of in that category.

The other way, would be like getting a Cannon EOS Rebel w/DLSR, or an Olympus Tough TG-6, they both fit the bill nicely as well, while still remaining within the realm of attainable. ie. not a $1000+ unit.

You've got so much on the ball here, and have done a really fine job developing your thread. It would add to it, by showing things more precisely. That's always fun. I like screwing with the lighting too, actually. seeing if I can get light behind the subject.

Last edited:
BudGoodman

BudGoodman

Supporter
Yea... I'll get something figured out.
Probably not a DSLR... That's a hobby... I need another one of them about as bad as a hole in the head.
But with spring around the corner, stuff is about to get way more interesting around here... I don't expect y'all to keep watching from Mars.👽

StankStirr

StankStirr

Yea... I'll get something figured out.
Probably not a DSLR... That's a hobby... I need another one of them about as bad as a hole in the head.
But with spring around the corner, stuff is about to get way more interesting around here... I don't expect y'all to keep watching from Mars.👽
Sounds like there's going to be a "BudGoodman-Ranch Edition" coming our way...? !!

BudGoodman

BudGoodman

Supporter
Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Time to start a new thread?
Or better to keep this one rolling?
nah, I would keep this one rolling it's great.
My guess is that most readers skip to the front of threads, and if they see what they want to follow after coming back a few times or something, or stand out threads with information (or pictures) that interest them the most. Then tend to go back and read from the beginning to the point were they came into it. I'm sure that's not how it always works, but I think it does in many cases.

I think people have various interest, but some of the ways we go about it are probably very similar. At least for me, I tend to go to the end, then either read back a few pages, or from the start.

But I was always told I do things ass-backwards.
However, you've got so much going on you could start up another thread and do something like an outside thing or something specific, like curing because you've got that down so well, that would be great also.

Last edited:
sambapati

sambapati

Yea, me too, actually. The camera's though have kinda grown on me a bit since I started taking pictures. I've always been into tech, but the phones always seemed too much, for what your getting back. I wouldn't recommed taking the plunge on a new model, but anything nice in the $300 range and below is going to be quite solid and have more than you need, and you can still get them unused, if that's important. I think the pixel 2's and 3's can be had for less than $100, if you look around, and their so much ahead the rest of in that category.

The other way, would be like getting a Cannon EOS Rebel w/DLSR, or an Olympus Tough TG-6, they both fit the bill nicely as well, while still remaining within the realm of attainable. ie. not a $1000+ unit.

You've got so much on the ball here, and have done a really fine job developing your thread. It would add to it, by showing things more precisely. That's always fun. I like screwing with the lighting too, actually. seeing if I can get light behind the subject.
Light beats darkness and great pictures usually require extra lights. That is what separates the pro from the knuckle draggers. My dad was a shutterbug and often used a strobe and backlighting.

Top Bottom