Bud Goodman's Perpetual Thread of Perpetually Good Buds, Man.

• Thread starter BudGoodman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
No... It's just eight t5 florescent tubes.

Where is ho-punkville?
I went to Portland.

Yes... Supposed to be 200w (ish) draw.
My meter says that it's lighting up this little 2'x4' perfectly.

View attachment 1123238
You either got the short finger genes there bud, or you've worked so hard over the years, your fingers are getting shorter.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Actually, when we met, your a big guy, so I think it's one of those wide hand genes, and makes you fingers look shorter in the pics, than they actually are. Gorrilla hands #4. Plus all that hard work your doing there on the farm has something to do with it all, just really strong hands, and it really shows.

Bud do you have a decent OG or Bubba in your collection?

Mountain gorilla foot in hand deb zulawski
Last edited:
Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
HP 7
View attachment 1123649

I hit the Motorbreath 15, again, last night with some of the pollen.
Those sure are some pretty males, I was upset that Logic took my nomination down, but you were already nominated with another pic.

This is a real stud. Look at that internoding, and how deep they go, the colors, it's truly amazing. Bet they smell wonderful. I would save all that pollen, because some people might want it, not to mention that you can use it down the road. I would store it with silicon dioxide (silica gel), is the best desiccant IMO, then into the fridge or freezer, after its dried. I'm sure you probably already have done it before.

IMG 20210512 172315 354
Last edited:
BudGoodman

BudGoodman

Supporter
You either got the short finger genes there bud, or you've worked so hard over the years, your fingers are getting shorter.

Actually, when we met, your a big guy, so I think it's one of those wide hand genes, and makes you fingers look shorter in the pics, than they actually are. Gorrilla hands #4. Plus all that hard work your doing there on the farm has something to do with it all, just really strong hands, and it really shows.

Bud do you have a decent OG or Bubba in your collection?

Those sure are some pretty males, I was upset that Logic took my nomination down, but you were already nominated with another pic.

This is a real stud. Look at that internoding, and how deep they go, the colors, it's truly amazing. Bet they smell wonderful. I would save all that pollen, because some people might want it, not to mention that you can use it down the road. I would store it with silicon dioxide (silica gel), is the best desiccant IMO, then into the fridge or freezer, after its dried. I'm sure you probably already have done it before.
Yea... They look a little bit more like baseball mitts every day. 🤣

I have the pre98 Bubba... And Motorbreath is very OG.

I'm thinking that the HP7 will regen with an up-pot... Our days are only getting longer... But I may store some pollen too... There's already a little bit in my freezer.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
These are important days, no doubt. I think I"m going to try and artificially encourage flowering at an earlier point, than naturally occurs, but I wouldn't do it with anything that pop's out easily. I think it will work fine. I certainly intend on testing my theory, and the buds should be much improved, if I'm correct, because they'll be ripening longer hours, and under more intense sunlight.

Summer1
Sol
Last edited:
BudGoodman

BudGoodman

Supporter
These are important days, no doubt. I think I"m going to try and artificially encourage flowering at an earlier point, than naturally occurs, but I wouldn't do it with anything that pop's out easily. I think it will work fine. I certainly intend on testing my theory, and the buds should be much improved, if I'm correct, because they'll be ripening longer hours, and under more intense sunlight.

Handy link... Thank you. 👍

I'll run some of that gear

🤘😊

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Handy link... Thank you. 👍

🤘😊
Yea, I wouldn't mind trying again now that I got things sorted bud, but it will be a minuet until I get some of these flowers cleared out. I'm thinking somewhere around mid to late June, at least.

I'm wanting something very resinous, super dense, and Indica leaning.

Last edited:
Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Forum GSC 👍
I was thinking a bit more Indica, something really Kushy to breed with this Thai. But actually that sounds like a good idea. I want to grow a descendant of an African Durban strain, (never tried) and that's seems like an outstanding choice. They are very interesting strains.

I need to find a good choice for crossing this Landrace Thai, and I want a short flowering plant, resinous, prolific producer, close inter nodes, and very, very Indica.

ie. Long, Lanky, Leafy, Spicy meets Short, Fat, Sticky, Skunky and Dense ... whats the outcome of that...
Hmmm... thinking..
I think the pre 98 Bubba, or og motherbreath might be an excellent choice also. The last choice would make it an OG Titan of sorts, but I personally consider all your cultivars OG grown, if they've been with you awhile.

IMG 20210512 172315 354
Last edited:
Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
I don't think the average person understands micro-climates quite like I do, as much as I've traveled this country, and all the places I've been for extended periods. I've lived sorta like Johnny Cash, in that respect. There's really a huge difference in all the different ecosystems of our country, there's a lot of small productive area's, and a few very big ones. Western Washington, is a very particular, and rare climate zone. I've seen lot's of rural America, not just the cities.

If I had known this place was this mild, I would have moved here 30 years ago. (Maybe instead of Salt Lake) But I was always under the impression it was rainy and cold all the time, or lot's of snow in the winter, which is totally incorrect. (It is, when you get east of the Cascades) The climate west of the Cascades is misunderstood by most outsiders, so are the Cascades themselves. They are not typical Mountains, there North Pacific Mountains, specifically. It's a Northern Rain Forest, unlike anything in the country, or most anywhere in the world for that matter. That's why Seattle has so many big trees.

I love this place. It's my sanctuary. This the the top of the mountain, above the property. In the early summer. South Face is in King County, North Face, in Skynomish.
03 lake serene

We also have very long days of the summer right here, not farther south like you would think.
In Washington, the sun reaches a maximum height of 74.5 degrees above the horizon at solar noon on June 21, the sun is already higher in the sky at 8:30 a.m. than it is any time of day on the winter solstice.

Last edited:
Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
I haven't had any of these plants very long... This time last year I was buying tax weed.
Purple Punch (OG x GDP) maybe?... So many choices. 😆
You keep showing that HP7 though.😉
Yea, I think it's a good idea, because it looks really prime, and it's virtually done, and I think it really fits the bill. It's a good solid choice, I believe. Building blocks for the first generation. It's going to challenge the genetic pool, and throw a bunch of f1 crazies, the results should be all over the place, lots of variation... Being 100% male, and looking that good means something too, at least in my eyes it does.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Here it is again, it's getting crowded in there, but I find a place for her. (I hope). Keeping her small, so things can thin out, and I'll have more room. It's a slower growing plant, that's for sure. I've also got that acapulco gold plant in there too, I'm wondering what I should do with it, probably breed that one to itself, and I might do that too this Thai also, but only in one specific spot.

IMG 20210515 003637547
Kanzeon

Kanzeon

Yea, I wouldn't mind trying again now that I got things sorted bud, but it will be a minuet until I get some of these flowers cleared out. I'm thinking somewhere around mid to late June, at least.

I'm wanting something very resinous, super dense, and Indica leaning.

Ever tried Friesland? Especially if you're looking for something outside, it's a good place to start.

Top Bottom