Bud Goodman's Perpetual Thread of Perpetually Good Buds, Man.

• Thread starter BudGoodman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Loompas👍🏻😉
64091FEA 77CA 491F 8BDA E7A7BEE12D4F
A1E503F0 9E20 4A6F BC40 FD08CD8214A5

BudGoodman

BudGoodman

Supporter
S

stocked with bluegills?🤠
My Dad had a pond he kept stocked with trout... Monsters... I'll have to try and dig out some pictures.
Buds cut of
Forza Sans Souci
Will get the chop tomorrow @ 63 dayze
Looks dank. 🤤
This here is the shit!!
Super happy with the quality of this plant, unbelievable smell, trich production, she’s greasy and sticky as fuck.
Fucked up and did not clone her🥺
Ladies and gents
Rud Boi
View attachment 1204400View attachment 1204401
Just cloned that one yesterday... Old Blueberry as well. 😉
If you want to use the Kabota this year your more than welcome to it. We just need to get it started and get it over there. It's sitting up near my property at another cabin. I don't care if you keep it for a year or two actually. Get everything you might want done with it. Needs to be run every now and again anyhow. Thing was completely rebuilt right before I purchased it few years back. It's got only a few hours on it so far. The engine is a single diesel popper.

Just don't kill yourself. 😁

I've been contemplating renting a D3 or a D4 this year with extra wide tracks so I can break into my land this spring; but nothings set in stone. All depends on what happens here around the house. Then the plan is to eventually drive that thing up there and do the finish/maintence work. Use it for trail maintence, building but those plans keep getting pushed back. Mary being sick as she's been lately. Eventually one day I still hope. You'd be doing me a favor by taking it off my hands for awhile actually. At least I would know it's not going to disappear.😳

Let me know if it would be of any help.
View attachment 1204407
That's a badass machine... Thanks for the offer.
I have a 24 horse Massey... I'm gonna need to bring in an excavator though.
Mmmm looks tasty -bet I know where's there's another cut
Where?
IMG 20220109 130455 771

I've found myself reaching for that one quite a bit... Like it.

A seed from the loompa?
I didn't even notice that... Bonus! 🎉
1, that was it.
Had a little lighting stress issue during flower.

Check this out... Our friend sent me the OD... I haven't flipped it, yet. Was taking cuttings, a couple of days ago, before I do... Noticed the preflowers looked pretty swole.
IMG 20220107 1130064482
IMG 20220107 1133021292

🤘

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
So looks like your cutting like about 1/2 to 3/4 inch below the fan leaf Y intersect; on average. Is that for any specific reason? Do you believe there's a prime area for making the cut?

Or is it simply random.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Shower, fresh clothes, and changing your shoes at the door when/before tending plants absolutely key... Pain in the ass, but so are mites.
I'm surprised more people don't follow these basic principles. I know a lot of people where I live that just walk straight into their grow from outside and it blows my mind.

I keep a pair of slippers in the grow shed and leave my boots outside when I go in my lobby. Always with clean clothes after a shower. If I need to go in the actual plant room, I strip down to my skivvies and socks. For real.

In addition I vape sulphur once a week in Veg and filter all the growroom air. Yellow sticky cards hanging by the light on the ceiling in the lobby.

IPM is serious shit. Take it seriously.

Last edited:
BudGoodman

BudGoodman

Supporter
So looks like your cutting like about 1/2 to 3/4 inch below the fan leaf Y intersect; on average. Is that for any specific reason? Do you believe there's a prime area for making the cut?

Or is it simply random.
Pretty random... Most have a snipped node in the rooter... Not necessary, but ideal, IME... The snipped nodes you're seeing (above the rooter) were taken off to slow transpiration and mitigate overcrowding on the trays.

That’s an understatement 🤣. Is that the other ghost cut your taking snips of?
It is... I got it from my friend in Portland. I'm culling the one the one we talked about

I'm surprised more people don't follow these basic principles. I know a lot of people here that just walk straight into their grow from outside and it blows my mind.

I keep a pair of slippers in the grow shed and leave my boots outside when I go in my lobby. Always with clean clothes after a shower. If I need to go in the actual plant room, I strip down to my skivvies and socks. For real.

In addition I vape sulphur once a week in Veg and filter all the growroom air. Yellow sticky cards hanging by the light on the ceiling in the lobby.

Same... But commando. 😘

Just a couple...
Realized I missed a few on the list too.😁

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Pretty random... Most have a snipped node in the rooter... Not necessary, but ideal, IME... The snipped nodes you're seeing (above the rooter) were taken off to slow transpiration and mitigate overcrowding on the trays.

It is... I got it from my friend in Portland. I'm culling the one the one we talked about

Same... But commando. 😘

Realized I missed a few on the list too.😁
So to be clear when you say "snipped node is ideal IME"; your saying the cut goes though the node (or slightly below) If it's the case; I'm in full agreement as this being the prime location. It's the same spot where cells start come out of the plant, and new heads develop....

Approximately right here; correct? in the thick area; right below where the new growth occurs. I surmise there are more embryonic type stem cells located right above this region of the node.
InkedPXL 20220110 174637082 LI

Last edited:
Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
I'm surprised more people don't follow these basic principles. I know a lot of people where I live that just walk straight into their grow from outside and it blows my mind.

I like to call them garden gifts, and some like to be the gift that keeps On giving. 🙂

BudGoodman

BudGoodman

Supporter
So to be clear when you say "snipped node is ideal IME"; your saying the cut goes though the node (or slightly below) If it's the case; I'm in full agreement as this being the prime location. It's the same spot where cells start come out of the plant, and new heads develop....

Approximately right here; correct? in the thick area; right below where the new growth occurs. I surmise there are more embryonic type stem cells located right above this region of the node.
View attachment 1205107

IMG 20220110 1053042082

I'd snip this one just above my thumb... And that first node would be down in the rooter.

I've started cutting just above the node the last few years and it's working as good or better than through or below it.

Yea... and that's what I don't really worry about getting a node in the rooter... That snipped node is just a second spot for the cutting to start growing roots from... First roots show at the main snip, then the node, and then the rest of the stem.

Last edited:
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
View attachment 1205125

I'd snip this one just above my thumb... And that first node would be down in the rooter.

Yea... and that's what I don't really worry about getting a node in the rooter... That snipped node just a second spot for the cutting to start growing roots from... First roots show at the main snip, then the node, and then the rest of the stem.

Totally. My last batch had almost no nodes in any of the rooters and 50/50 rooted quickly.
As long as you make the cut within roughly 1/4" of a node you are exposing undifferentiated cells.

Latest posts

Top Bottom