Bud Goodman's Perpetual Thread of Perpetually Good Buds, Man.

• Thread starter BudGoodman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Cali has destroyed everything that was good about weed. Imagine your pot being sold somewhere the average income for a craftsmen is $15 a day. $8 for a laborer.
I was skimming the apple news app and came across a audio article, I only listened to the beginning but it was about how when Cali legalized rec the plan was that it would stop the black market and instead it’s multiplied lol. Plus you add in all the giant 10,000 light legal grows who sell 90% out the back door they are single handedly destroying the entire cannabis market.
I think low prices are generally good. Certainly great for the end user. Not so great for the producers.

There's still money in cultivar acquisition; and genetics for some I suspect. But low prices I think are here to stay; and the quality/price index will increase as a result. Most of the profit is long been taken out of cannabis, and I bet a great deal of Cali weed isn't even consumed in Cali anymore, but for export to other states.

BudGoodman

BudGoodman

Supporter
I think low prices are generally good. Certainly great for the end user. Not so great for the producers.

There's still money in cultivar acquisition; and genetics for some I suspect. But low prices I think are here to stay; and the quality/price index will increase as a result. Most of the profit is long been taken out of cannabis, and I bet a great deal of Cali weed isn't even consumed in Cali anymore, but for export to other states.
No way Dude... People still paying high prices at dispos... But the farmer making pennies.

beluga

beluga

Wasn't Oregon-grown responsible for a lot of the oversaturation of the larger market?

Green rush hit from a few corners all at once, it seemed. As a wider, inexperienced, consumer market hit the already-exhausted black market producers, open market producers filled the gaps with trash that these inexperienced users wouldn't be the wiser to.

I imagine it's now finding its equilibrium in a similar fashion to the beer industry.
Us craft brewgrowers are just left holding the reigns on the good shit in the meantime.

This is my east coast perspective, however. 3k miles might make the view a little skewed.

Anthem

Anthem

Cali has destroyed everything that was good about weed. Imagine your pot being sold somewhere the average income for a craftsmen is $15 a day. $8 for a laborer.
I was skimming the apple news app and came across a audio article, I only listened to the beginning but it was about how when Cali legalized rec the plan was that it would stop the black market and instead it’s multiplied lol. Plus you add in all the giant 10,000 light legal grows who sell 90% out the back door they are single handedly destroying the entire cannabis market.
Washington and Oregon where muck cheaper than Cali in the last few years. Croptober is next month. That will be a good indicator about where the future is headed.
One of the rec’s that has a habit of selling out the back door opened up in Florida about 2 months. If the price drops out there I know who is responsible

BudGoodman

BudGoodman

Supporter
Wasn't Oregon-grown responsible for a lot of the oversaturation of the larger market?

Green rush hit from a few corners all at once, it seemed. As a wider, inexperienced, consumer market hit the already-exhausted black market producers, open market producers filled the gaps with trash that these inexperienced users wouldn't be the wiser to.

I imagine it's now finding its equilibrium in a similar fashion to the beer industry.
Us craft brewgrowers are just left holding the reigns on the good shit in the meantime.

This is my east coast perspective, however. 3k miles might make the view a little skewed.
That's one narrative... The other is Glasshouse.😅
Took fifty years post prohibition for people to realize that there is more to beer than Budweiser.
Shits just saturated... For several reasons.
The corporate backed producers will be able to endure the current state of things... Operating at a loss. Most independents will not... May take even longer for craft cannabis to come back.

Last edited:
Moshmen

Moshmen

Michigan prime example on the east I know people who still never sold last years crop and this year is coming !

Johnlandy420

Johnlandy420

Supporter
That's one narrative... The other is Glasshouse.😅
Took fifty years post prohibition for people to realize that there is more to beer than Budweiser.
Shits just saturated... For several reasons.
The corporate backed producers will be able to endure the current state of things... Operating at a loss. Most independents will not... May take even longer for craft cannabis to come back.
So much cannabis for cheap, do you see a hole in the supply side of processing?

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
We have changed our angle growing high CBG crop federally and state legal.
We have started a Farm LLC (more to come on that front, if we pass test).
Friday the lab is coming out to take samples.
If we pass test we will be moving forward as a small farm, organically grown crafted smokable hemp. The product will be properly dyed and cured before it’s sold.
Website has been established and will be up and running when we no we have passed test.
We will be advertising as a small craft farm, organically grown and processed properly for the best home grown CBG smokable flower on the market.
We shall see:)
77C0265F 3AA9 4A27 881A 405C349D7A7B
9AD0A09D DBC5 4E38 96F3 446AD67EF6A5
C70FD310 EF25 49E9 9CF0 23062EFC3994
A35EC09E 77C3 4D95 877D A721F309A14E
35A00BAB 2EDF 40A8 99D7 95040395C64F

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
We have changed our angle growing high CBG crop federally and state legal.
We have started a Farm LLC (more to come on that front, if we pass test).
Friday the lab is coming out to take samples.
If we pass test we will be moving forward as a small farm, organically grown crafted smokable hemp. The product will be properly dyed and cured before it’s sold.
Website has been established and will be up and running when we no we have passed test.
We will be advertising as a small craft farm, organically grown and processed properly for the best home grown CBG smokable flower on the market.
We shall see:)View attachment 1281899View attachment 1281900View attachment 1281901View attachment 1281902View attachment 1281903
Lookin good brother!

Same as above here, Colorado based LLC 🤠

Your plants are a little further along than mine, must be the difference in latitude. I am quite a ways further south. I got samplers coming out in a week or two, as well. Let me know how yours tests out. I don't think we're going to have a problem with this strain (me and 1diesel are growing the same exact strain this year for those of you just joining in)

Let's hope the issues we had with the seeds will be the ONLY issue this year! (fingers crossed! praying!)

I'm also going to Denver CannaCon in a couple weeks so hoping to make more connections and get the company name out there a little more! Looks like they have a few seminars worth attending, as well.

Latest posts

Top Bottom