Bud Losing Smell Turning Greasy Feeling

• Thread starter gimp73
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
gimp73

gimp73

I have been using the same set up for over 8 years and this has never happened before the last two runs. Around week 3 of flower when they are starting to form flowers, getting sticky and smelling good then almost overnight the smell changes to almost a Vick’s smell and when I pinch some of the popcorn buds instead of my fingers becoming sticky they have a smooth slick feeling. Last run was purple punch and was able to get some of the stickiness and smell back but not like normal. The buds where cover in trichomes and looked super sticky like normal but it wasn’t.
This time the same thing is starting to happen. It’s a different strain this time, (blueberry muffins) They were getting sticky and smelled just like blueberry muffins and now they have a Vick’s smell and are not sticky even though they are starting to get frosty.
Has anyone had this happen? There have been 3 changes. I started using a different silica (earths juice’s god silica) I use pool shock instead of uc roots, I have been for 5 or 6 years. I did start using it at a higher dosage. Also my room temperature has been getting into the mid eighties instead of mid to high 70’s. I have been flushing and going to stop using silica no pool shock at all for a week then go back what I use to use. Also getting my temps lower.

gimp73

gimp73

Purple punch from the last run. This was a piece from the bottom that was going in a co2 extractor looks super sticky but it wasn’t.

AA2E250B 4BFA 4147 9BD1 EA966FECFCEC

FD83157D 8883 432B BE3C 1A3147A8C58C
stutter

stutter

I like it when my buds feel greasy, thats the goodness to me. hows it smoke?

gimp73

gimp73

Very clean and Stoney. The smell change also. I have just never had this happen in 17 years of growing, 8 years in a uc. The heads on the trichomes seem smaller also.

Ogbudsman

Ogbudsman

Very clean and Stoney. The smell change also. I have just never had this happen in 17 years of growing, 8 years in a uc. The heads on the trichomes seem smaller also.
I am searching the web everywhere as I am having same issues 😳 green crack week 9 buds were sticky and smelt like mangoes 🥭 now buds feel word greasy in fingers no smell. Did u find out what was up? Sry for old thread not much on this it seems. I was glad to find this✌️😎🌱🔥💨

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
I have been using the same set up for over 8 years and this has never happened before the last two runs. Around week 3 of flower when they are starting to form flowers, getting sticky and smelling good then almost overnight the smell changes to almost a Vick’s smell and when I pinch some of the popcorn buds instead of my fingers becoming sticky they have a smooth slick feeling. Last run was purple punch and was able to get some of the stickiness and smell back but not like normal. The buds where cover in trichomes and looked super sticky like normal but it wasn’t.
This time the same thing is starting to happen. It’s a different strain this time, (blueberry muffins) They were getting sticky and smelled just like blueberry muffins and now they have a Vick’s smell and are not sticky even though they are starting to get frosty.
Has anyone had this happen? There have been 3 changes. I started using a different silica (earths juice’s god silica) I use pool shock instead of uc roots, I have been for 5 or 6 years. I did start using it at a higher dosage. Also my room temperature has been getting into the mid eighties instead of mid to high 70’s. I have been flushing and going to stop using silica no pool shock at all for a week then go back what I use to use. Also getting my temps lower.
The greasy feeling is one factor I use to help determine when a bud is ready. During the end of it's natural flowering period, I have noticed that plants seem to develop and lose different smells, with the greasy feeling buds being the strongest. During drying and curing, the taste/terpene profile will vary a lot depending on how long it was dried, the temps/Rh, and a bunch of other factors. Your Blueberry taste might still be there but overshadowed by another terpene that might have been produced later in the flowering period. FWIW, I have noticed that the buds that go from sticky to greasy were usually superior to just the sticky buds and had a richer flavor. Frosty buds are pretty but they don't really predict the overall potency or taste. As the buds mature, they change some of their processes and the taste/smell changes with them. think you will be fine, but perhaps it's just going nose blind to them after so many previous grows. I've lost my ability to smell plants even though others can smell it from 100 yds away.

zigzagtop

zigzagtop

So, you never grew marijuana before...so why are you here?

mastiff

mastiff

Blueberry muffins, if you don't mind where did you get seeds. My son gave me two seeds he got in a bag . It grew beautiful then I screwed it up . I was taking care of her as if she was my girlfriend . The rite nutes bringing her inside during bad weather , you name it I did . Then I decided to put her in garage to get a real dark cycle in . Went to take her and put on deck when I noticed a moth fly out . Thought it was nothing until I noticed she wasn't happy then I noticed green worms . Moths I here set their larve and worms is what you get . It smelled horrible, needles to say I did not talk to nobody for about a week . Horrible after she looked so good . I hear only a little town in Cali has these seeds , if you know where to purchase seeds would be wonderful . Blueberry muffins omg

M

Misspiggy412

Hi

M

Misspiggy412

Has anyone had this happen? There have been 3 changes. I started using a different silica (earths juice’s god silica) I use pool shock instead of uc roots, I have been for 5 or 6 years. I did start using it at a higher dosage. Also my room temperature has been getting into the mid eighties instead of mid to high 70’s. I have been flushing and going to stop using silica no pool shock at all for a week then go back wha it I use to use. Also getting my temps lower.
Hi I am a new grower.2nd. Grow. I'm am.at week 8 half week.of flower. And have noticed im.losing smell and stickiness and yes have noticed greasy on my fingers..not near as sticky as week.ago..had to clean.off w rubbing alcohol. My pistols are 80% prob. My trichomes 50-50 clear n milky. Its is white widow female..sometimes calls for 20 weeks and more

Waiting on amber....but now freaking out they have stopped flowering......help.

M

Misspiggy412

Hi im.new grower..2nd grow. It is white widow female I'm at 60 days of flower and seem.to.have lost odor and stickiness..almost greasy feel..
Pistols Probly 70% tricomes 50-50 clear milky....I'm waiting on amber.
Anyone ever experience this....

Top Bottom