Bud Never Smells

• Thread starter damien50
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
damien50

damien50

I have had several grows over the past years and they never ever smell. I can't figure out why they don't smell and even squeezing the buds doesn't give off much of a smell. The stems usually have a strong defined smell but the buds rarely do.

I get my smells after curing but that is about it. Something wrong or is my smell off?

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I used soil with too much perlite and watered/fed a third more often than usual due to the high perlite low soil content and those plants seem to have buds with much less smell than my usual flowers.

Everything else was the same as usual except a third more watering. They blew up and yielded more than usual also.

I figure this is the point where i pushed the plants for more yield than quality.

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

I get vegging plants but I think I smell the coco more than the plants themselves lol
Damn. I sit on my patio with my nearest plant some 30' away and when a breeze comes through I get wiffs of the plant. I also have 4 large bags of horse manure composting about 20' away and I'll smell that too on occasion but it don't smell bad. I must be use to that sheet smell.🤣

Wolfe

Wolfe

Could it be your selection of cannabis? Try something like tangerine power. Or something with a good terpene profile. Also coco is fairly neutral it doesn’t have much of anything for nutrients. It could be your nutrient regiment. Something might be getting flushed out with too much water at the end. I’ve never really had that problem so I’m not sure. I make up a soil recipe with amendments and re use my soil you don’t have to flush it and the plant takes the nutrients it needs from the soil. Last it could be your sense of smell is fubar.

damien50

damien50

Could it be your selection of cannabis? Try something like tangerine power. Or something with a good terpene profile. Also coco is fairly neutral it doesn’t have much of anything for nutrients. It could be your nutrient regiment. Something might be getting flushed out with too much water at the end. I’ve never really had that problem so I’m not sure. I make up a soil recipe with amendments and re use my soil you don’t have to flush it and the plant takes the nutrients it needs from the soil. Last it could be your sense of smell is fubar.

It's sounding like my sense off smell is wrong lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom