Bud pinching/back building technique..

• Thread starter GypsyOutlaw
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GypsyOutlaw

GypsyOutlaw

I recently read an article on increasing bud size by using a technique referred to as, " Back Building" or simply, " Bud Pinching."
from what I read there is no definitive proof that this technique actually works, yet some growers sware by it.
I'd like to here from anyone who has used Bud Pinching in the past or still is still useing this and why.

Thank You!

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

I don't doubt that it would change the shape of a bud -- especially if the buds are elongated, spear shaped varieties. But since this would be a simple technique to test scientifically, and no definitive proof exists, I'm thinking it's bro-science.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Insults here will lead to only one thing - Being banned. Lets keep things friendly please.

To answer your question ... No, I would not pinch your buds. Instead, super-crop with the intention of trying to grow your plant horizontally across the canopy as much as possible. This technique will do exactly what you're asking about. Roll the stem between your fingers where you want to bend it. Once the branch softens enough gently bend it horizontal or slightly towards the floor. All individual bud sites begin to grow towards the light as opposed into one large cola. These individual buds get better light and will plump up far more which in turn leads to a greater yield of rock hard buds.

P.S. I regularly use this technique

Last edited:
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Wow, there is a real problem with forum members just exspression their opinions AND NOT ACTUALLY ANSWERING QUESTIONS on this forum.
I'm just about to give up on the forums altogether. It's seriously frustrating. People just gotta say something even if it avoids the specific questions altogether. I've found it's either a bunch of smart asses or blowhards who think people are interested in their fucking opinion. I'll give the THC farmers shit anouther week then I'm out of here.
Nothing here...
sorry you feel that way, maybe you should just leave..

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

"Wow, there is a real problem with forum members just exspression [sic] their opinions..."

That's a problem on all forums. Stupid people, myself included, think they're for anyone to express an opinion. But they're just for you. Please forgive my transgression.

Latest posts

Top Bottom