Bud rot already??? (Five words)

• Thread starter CF89
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CF89

CF89

What’s going on here. This isn’t bud rot already at week 6 is it?!?

humidity is like 35-40%. Usually 24-26c. and there is plenty of air movement with 2 fans in the 4x4 tent, a half ass 6” exhaust fan, and passive intake.

The rest of the plants are looking awesome. What’s going on with this one here?? Looks like the same bud rot as last time. Which is an odd coincidence as this is a re vegged plant that got bud rot the first time too. Hmmmmm

Bud rot already five words
Bud rot already five words 2
Bud rot already five words 3
Bud rot already five words 4
Bud rot already five words 5
CF89

CF89

Hmm that’s interesting. There are other plants, and other sections of the plant in trouble here, that are closer to the light AND the fan.

Greenjourneyman

Greenjourneyman

Not seeing the whiteish mold Id expect with bud rot. Could be crispy sugar leaves.

CF89

CF89

This is what my bud root looked like last time too. It wasn’t white. It just seemed to be dying from the inside out because I had insane humidity and no airflow the first time.

TripsRabbit

TripsRabbit

What does a half ass 6" exhaust fan look like? Is there negative pressure in your tent? Does it suck in like a juice box when zipped shut?

CF89

CF89

It does look like light burn now that I google it. But it’s not the tallest most center part that’s being burnt. This is off to the side.

my exhaust fan is only a booster fan. It’s not quite strong enough for the 6” carbon filters restriction. The discharge air of the 6” fan isn’t really that much BUT it does suck the tent inwards with most flaps closed.

I don’t have much of an intake. Just passive air.

6 weeks into flower

4x4 tent

5 gallon fabric pots.

35% and 25c

growsince79

growsince79

Tear into it and see if it's mold. My buds sometimes get them yellow leaves when the seeds get ripe.

TheBioMaster

TheBioMaster

What's the temperature like? Rot can only grow at certain temperatures.

Next is spores......if you don't sanitize and clean properly..... The spores go everywhere and will infect new plants.

The air flow is VERY important in late stages of flower. Proper air flow is not optional.

You need to remove everything from the room.....sanitize the walls, floors, ceilings, everything. Clean all equipment before bringing it back into your grow room.

Invest in a ozone generator..... They kill spores, smells......another must have IMHO.

Repeating the same methods and expecting different results is a definition of "insanity"......

CF89

CF89

I think I’ve got pretty good airflow. Maybe not though.

temperature is usually 25c/75-80f. Rh is usually 30-40%. Been those numbers for the last month.

it could definitely be upgraded, which it is going to be next week. I am getting an 8” filter and fan next week and then will use either my 6” or my 4” as an intake.

I’d like to draw air from near the cold Canadian window (12” of snow this morning) and have it blasting at my kingbrite 480w light that has a heat sink that runs at 51c.

I just watered today. I’ll let them sit for 4-5 days and next time I open the tent to re water and install the 8” I will maybe tear into the effected bud.

Last edited:
CF89

CF89

What’s the deal with the ozone generator?

I see there are tons online for $300 or so?

what do they normally cost and what kind of mg/hr are we looking for? Does this go in the tent?

do they have a lifespan and need to be cleaned or rebuilt or anything?

082564EE 38AD 465F AD3E B9AE6F1A486C
CF89

CF89

This is what the last bud rot looked like on the plant in question here. Same plant.

907D9FEC F3A2 4573 A28C E85E8D1E582A
F1F1A9A1 E18D 4A20 82F7 C7465465F3C3
Top Bottom