Bud rot, cut the bud or harvest?

• Thread starter Madbud
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Madbud

Madbud

Found this and a few more spots look possible. Outdoor grow, damp NE nights, late september, shes “in the window”, no new pistils. I could take the tops or cut her down?
Bud rot cut the bud or harvest
Bud rot cut the bud or harvest 2

freezeland2

freezeland2

This one got live trimmed today, chop tonightView attachment 1170644
I’m fighting the same thing. I also live trimmed in an attempt to get more air and light on the buds. Think I’m chopping a little earlier than I wanted too but don’t want to lose my grow to rot. I have been growing these bitches since April.

GreenMtnGuru

GreenMtnGuru

Those plants need weeks to be “in the window”. Lots of white pistils and a leafy/loose bud structure indicate not even close.

However, bud rot issues might make ripeness irrelevant. You need to get something off that girl.

I am in the northeast, and my plants are never really ready before mid-October. It is a scramble to keep buds protected from rain and dew this time of year though. Pain in my neck.

nashobaTHC

nashobaTHC

I’m in NE Massachusetts and also found small amounts of bud rot on a couple plants that I cut out and sprayed the cut area with diluted H2O2. No need to cut whole tops or whole plants. If you have tall plants with fat colas, get your ladder out and be sure to inspect the buds close up. I hate BR!

MasterUnvailed

MasterUnvailed

I have seen some success with growers cutting the infected mass out and spritzing the resulting bare budmass with H202. I honestly don't like to advise people on harvest time based on pistols. Everything from maturity to environmental stress and intense wind blowing the pistils around can trigger a white whispy pistil to start changing colors and shrivel a bit, usually because the bud intends on replacing the damaged/stressed ones. I do agree with Nashoba that finding small, isolated areas of infected budmass is not reason for immediate termination. When caught early as you appear to have, you do still have a significant chance to slow the spread down so much that the rest of the healthy buds get to ripen, or in the best of cases irradicate it via opening up those super dense fat upper and mid colas to be more receptive to wind. I'm an indoor grower, so if an experienced outdoor grower comes and contradicts my post, please take their lead. :) I do thing those babies are not in the optimal harvest range yet though...approaching it perhaps, but not there...

Madbud

Madbud

Those plants need weeks to be “in the window”. Lots of white pistils and a leafy/loose bud structure indicate not even close.

However, bud rot issues might make ripeness irrelevant. You need to get something off that girl.

I am in the northeast, and my plants are never really ready before mid-October. It is a scramble to keep buds protected from rain and dew this time of year though. Pain in my neck.
Its a big window😂. Got three i can keep going and i’ve topped before at this stage to let the lower stuff keep going. Mid October is not an option.

Latest posts

Top Bottom