Bud Rot/harvest Early?

• Thread starter MarkinPA
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MarkinPA

MarkinPA

New grower here.....from every thing i'm learning here I think my plants are about a week from ideal harvest time. I am starting to see bud rot and the amount keeps picking up quite rapidly from day to day.
Small spots but increasing quite quickly...would most recommend the week early harvest or just keep on top of the but rot by removing it. It is AK47 and I am in the mid-atlantic US. For next season I would like to try a different strain. Any recommendations for this region (high humidty, heat etc...). Thanks in advance!!

Max

mancdank

mancdank

New grower here.....from every thing i'm learning here I think my plants are about a week from ideal harvest time. I am starting to see bud rot and the amount keeps picking up quite rapidly from day to day.
Small spots but increasing quite quickly...would most recommend the week early harvest or just keep on top of the but rot by removing it. It is AK47 and I am in the mid-atlantic US. For next season I would like to try a different strain. Any recommendations for this region (high humidty, heat etc...). Thanks in advance!!

Max
Have u flushed at all yet ???? Bud rot can spread rapid I would either cut out what I could and try and get some nutes out of it or if it's that bad pull it now like right now if u need what u have grown if left the only place for it will be the bin bud rot bud cannot be smoked

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Have u flushed at all yet ???? Bud rot can spread rapid I would either cut out what I could and try and get some nutes out of it or if it's that bad pull it now like right now if u need what u have grown if left the only place for it will be the bin bud rot bud cannot be smoked
Agreed , wouldnt want my patients or me and momma to smoke bud rot weed. That really sux. Sending good karma on your next run.

Max
Let me guess, in summer you avg 85-90 Rh? If so go with a pure sativa, or a sativa dom strain they have looser airier buds as opposed to an indie. Indies are tight and dense and lends iteself to bud rot unless you have complete control over moisture. A sativa lends to better circulation amongst the colas . Think about it, a lot of, if not all sativas were landrace in areas that have extreme heat and Rh. If your grow season cant accommodate the flower time start em inside early then put em out after frost danger has passed. Hope you find something that works well for you on next run. :)

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
Chop it.

Cut off all the affected area and the surrounding areas, like a 1/2 inch then throw it away.

Get a 60x scope or better and do not smoke any moldy buds.
It happens to the best of us.
Improve the airflow in your growing area and good luck. Peace

Purpletrain

Purpletrain

Curious what does flushing have to do with bud rot nutrients have nothing to do with it
bud rot , grey mold also known as botrytis cinerea thrives in humid area and low temps Flushing would be the last thing a person would want to do ..
pending on how far you are in flower you could either chop plant , or get de humidifers and lower RH
Cover the infected bud sues in a bag then cut it off so no pores get spread onto other parts of plant and get it out of there ASAP....
If you chose to keep plant going then use carbonated water spray the plant down
but like most said better to not take a chance and harvest the good bud sites before they start to develop rot any harvest is better then complete failure and no harvest

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Curious what does flushing have to do with bud rot nutrients have nothing to do with it
bud rot , grey mold also known as botrytis cinerea thrives in humid area and low temps Flushing would be the last thing a person would want to do ..
pending on how far you are in flower you could either chop plant , or get de humidifers and lower RH
Cover the infected bud sues in a bag then cut it off so no pores get spread onto other parts of plant and get it out of there ASAP....
but like most said better to not take a chance and harvest the good bud sites before they start to develop rot any harvest is better then complete failure and no harvest
Agreed and bud rot once established moves quickly thru the crop

the rrock

the rrock

My experience with budrot it grows from the inside out>chop asap or remove all the mold and let them try and finish

mancdank

mancdank

Are u taking the piss ??? U might wanna read my answer again before u jump on it. Imo leaving the bud full of food is nearly as bad as smoking it with all that rot or are u guna try saying that leaving your plants full of food is good for u!

mancdank

mancdank

Agreed and bud rot once established moves quickly thru the crop
It's like wild fire for sure I've had it a few times throughout my life time 1st time was devastating lost enough money to buy a house. Ime depending on plant the affected areas can be cut out whilst u try and leach some of them nutes out or your guna be left with a hard choice no bud at all or bud but un smokable or sell able but I guess what everyone has correct that action needs to be taken immediately this isn't a time to slack :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom