Bud Rot Please Help!?

• Thread starter Jasongrows
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

Jasongrows

I found one tiny bud at the bottom of my beautiful looking plant with bud rot. Looked over the rest of the plant and other plants in my room with a fine tooth comb and they all look gorgeous from the outside. I'm in my first day of flush. My question is should I keep flushing or chop today since I found the one bud with bud rot? And should I hang dry them like normal or should I cut individual buds off and dry them? I know the buds with mold are completely lost. I still want to complete this the best possible way to hopefully save the buds that don't have rot. Hopefully it's just the one tiny bud I found at the bottom of the plant since everything else looks great but I'm sure my chances are slim on that one. Please help if you have any knowledge on this issue thanks

Dan789

Dan789

What’s your RH, and are you providing enough air circulation? I’d chop the offending bud off carefully, baggy around it then chop, don’t want to spread the mold spores. Keep an eye out for any spreading of the rot.
Sounds like the air circulation at the bottom of the canopy isn’t enough.
Someone else may have more comments to help, Good luck.

J

Jasongrows

What’s your RH, and are you providing enough air circulation? I’d chop the offending bud off carefully, baggy around it then chop, don’t want to spread the mold spores. Keep an eye out for any spreading of the rot.
Sounds like the air circulation at the bottom of the canopy isn’t enough.
Someone else may have more comments to help, Good luck.
I have a fan circulating top and bottom. My humidity was at 55 steady now I have it down to 35 40% bouncing back and forth. You think I should go ahead and chop or should I keep going with the flush? And what's the best way to dry it out to keep it from getting worse

Dan789

Dan789

Are you exhausting your grow space also? Is 30-40 the RH during lights out?
As far as flushing, you’re just watering, no feed right? Might want to slow the rate that you’re adding moisture to your plants. How’s the ratio of trichs white, amber clear on buds?

xavier7995

xavier7995

Along the lines of what has been said, rh tends to spike at lights off. It is a good practice to run you exhaust on a different timer so you can keep it going for an hour or so after lights out, or just keep it running all the time.

Beyond cutting the rot out, I have seen people say spraying the affected area with an isopropyl alcohol solution is a good extra step.

I try and keep rh real low during the end of flower.

J

Jasongrows

Are you exhausting your grow space also? Is 30-40 the RH during lights out?
As far as flushing, you’re just watering, no feed right? Might want to slow the rate that you’re adding moisture to your plants. How’s the ratio of trichs white, amber clear on buds?

I am exhausting but not 24/7 because I have a co2 set up, I'v been flushing straight water no nutes since yesterday but I think I'm going to change it out and put clearex in it today to flush it a little faster. Trichs are about 60% milky 35% clear 5% amber

Dan789

Dan789

Duh, didn’t realize your grow is hydro. Just doing the dirt route for me, but the air circulation is key to keeping mold down.

J

Jasongrows

Along the lines of what has been said, rh tends to spike at lights off. It is a good practice to run you exhaust on a different timer so you can keep it going for an hour or so after lights out, or just keep it running all the time.

Beyond cutting the rot out, I have seen people say spraying the affected area with an isopropyl alcohol solution is a good extra step.

I try and keep rh real low during the end of flower.

I have a dehumidifier that keeps my room around 40% to 50% humidity at night but my fan doesn't run at night really because my air conditioner keeps the room around 65 at night. During the day the fan only turned on when my room hits around 85% so it doesn't run much during the day either. You think I should go ahead cut the co2, turn the ac down and let the fan run all the time? If that would help keep the mold down I'd do it. Sorry I'm a newb and this is my first grow so I'm just trying to figure out my best options. A bunch of people told me to just go ahead cut it down and dry it out right so i don't get more mold but I don't really know what to do for sure here.

cannabeans

cannabeans

Here's it what I know about bud rot...
Temperature fluctuations allow bud mold and powdery mildew to grow. So what I have done is keep my day and night temps as close to each other as possible. I have not experienced either of those in many many years. This tip came from an old thread on here from many many years ago. Good luck and I hope this helps!

Co2 should have been cut a week ago. Shut off A/C/ and turn on dehumidifier to increase heat and reduce humidity.

xavier7995

xavier7995

You might lose a bit more to mold, but I would take it through at least a week of flushing. I am a bit conflicted there as I do buy into the "flushing not necessary" arguments, but since we don't really know what your build up levels might be, better to lose a bit more to rot rather than have all of it be kinda crappy due to to much residual nutrients.

J

Jasongrows

Here's it what I know about bud rot...
Temperature fluctuations allow bud mold and powdery mildew to grow. So what I have done is keep my day and night temps as close to each other as possible. I have not experienced either of those in many many years. This tip came from an old thread on here from many many years ago. Good luck and I hope this helps!

Co2 should have been cut a week ago. Shut off A/C/ and turn on dehumidifier to increase heat and reduce humidity.

First off thanks a ton for your input and thanks to everyone else for there's as well! I just shut my co2 down, and my dehumidifier runs all the time, but I can't cut my ac completely. I have a 1200 cfm fan with two gavita pro 1000's. Unfortunately the fan alone isn't enough to cool my 10x10x10 space with those two gavitas running but I can at least turn it down. I will stop my 13 degree temp fluctuation day to night immediately tho. Thanks again

J

Jasongrows

You might lose a bit more to mold, but I would take it through at least a week of flushing. I am a bit conflicted there as I do buy into the "flushing not necessary" arguments, but since we don't really know what your build up levels might be, better to lose a bit more to rot rather than have all of it be kinda crappy due to to much residual nutrients.
I'm going to take your advice as well specially since I can't find any other buds at all with rot, just the one tiny bud I found on a bottom branch at the very bottom of just one of my hydro pots. My other dirt plants and my other 3 hydro pot look fine as far as I can see. Thanks for the advice I greatly appreciate it!

Top Bottom