Bud Rot

• Thread starter Cropped
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Cropped

Cropped

hello guys im growing some bubba kush outside the plant is nearly finished, sadly on of my buds has some mold in it not a lot but some. shall i cut my plant down today to stop the spread or shall i just chop of that bud?

Bud rot
goingtoguano

goingtoguano

I would do both. Chop her and cut out the rot. Bud-rot can spread pretty fast.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

hello guys im growing some bubba kush outside the plant is nearly finished, sadly on of my buds has some mold in it not a lot but some. shall i cut my plant down today to stop the spread or shall i just chop of that bud?

Immediately remove that section and a buffer zone around it with sterilised scissors (using alcohol is easiest). Sterilise again before chopping anywhere else. If there is no mold/rot anywhere else, then leave her be, but keep a close eye on her. Often caterpillars will bore through the core of the bud from the top then come out the side further down, leaving a trail of mold and rot behind them. I had this happen to a few colas on one of my plants this year when the silk worms hatched from the oaks above. Once I cut out the bad sections and a one nug radius surrounding the mold they were fine. Using a piece of shade cloth above the plant can often deflect them away and products with spinosad work to control worms/pillars of you've got more than a couple weeks left.

Last edited:
SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Also, if the whole stem is rotted through at the core of the cola then anything above that should go. Sometimes they can be saved but usually it's not worth the risk of spreading mold.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

I've read you can spray with a dilute solution of 3% peroxide 0.5-1cup per 5 gal water at room temp. This is the formula I use for washing directly after harvest. But i've never used it on a still growing plant so I couldn't tell you how effective it is. I haven't needed to do this myself but she's your girl.

Top Bottom