Bud sites burnt, browned and twisted.

• Thread starter Oilcan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
O

Oilcan

Overnight my purple punch in 5th week of flowering went looking great with no issues to bud sites around the cola looking burnt. My last watering was 2 days ago and just water ph balanced to 6.2 with some cal/mag. She’s a touch thirsty was getting ready to feed when I found the issues. Took almost 2gals last watering. I also sprayed bt , damn caterpillars are relentless. I’m growing in 5gal fabric pot with 72/25 ocean forest soil/perlite any ideas or advice would be appreciated thanks

Bud sites burnt browned and twisted
Bud sites burnt browned and twisted 2
Bud sites burnt browned and twisted 3
O

Oilcan

post some pictures showing the full plant..
Here you go. The first 2 are from Wednesday n Thursday. The last 2 were taken yesterday. I know she needs some liquid refreshments in the pics I don’t have today’s pics yet will soon

IMG 3708
IMG 3706
IMG 3725
N1ghtL1ght

N1ghtL1ght

Staff
Supporter
try to dislodge some of these dead fanleaves and examine thoroughly if there's mold at the end of the petiole. also when you do this if there is briefly a white "dust" to behold, this could be fungi-spores.

Choppr

Choppr

Overnight my purple punch in 5th week of flowering went looking great with no issues to bud sites around the cola looking burnt. My last watering was 2 days ago and just water ph balanced to 6.2 with some cal/mag. She’s a touch thirsty was getting ready to feed when I found the issues. Took almost 2gals last watering. I also sprayed bt , damn caterpillars are relentless. I’m growing in 5gal fabric pot with 72/25 ocean forest soil/perlite any ideas or advice would be appreciated thanks
Yeah, you can pry the buds away from the stem to open them up and look in-between the stacking, Ive already had bud rot this year of course on my fattest buds (1.6lbs wet, went into the compost pile) - remove any dead/decaying leaves asap - perfect environment for mold.
try to dislodge some of these dead fanleaves and examine thoroughly if there's mold at the end of the petiole. also when you do this if there is briefly a white "dust" to behold, this could be fungi-spores.
Yep, that time of year again! Everyone trying to bring their girls home, big buds are what we want, but those are the most prone to rot !!

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Dissect those rotten buds and see if there are caterpillars inside! Not that it makes much difference. Hopefully there are a few unaffected buds. But it doesn’t really look like it from a distance. Cats or rot, looks like you’re screwed! Sorry. Does it look like there is a mold problem at the base of the stalk? Or close to it?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom